• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Things we've spotted from the Type R videos

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
I'm like 85% sure the the transmission is essentially the same as the FK8 + slightly reinforced hears for the extra 10 HP + lighter flywheel + rev matching to 1st gear.
Whatever they have or haven't done, they really need to have resolved the grind and lockout issues otherwise a lot of buyers are going to be unhappy!

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I wonder what actually causes it, because obviously there are many manual transmissions without this issue

Did the S2000 have anything like this? If so, clearly it's a Honda issue. But if not, clearly Honda knows how to design a transmission that doesn't do this

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I wonder what actually causes it, because obviously there are many manual transmissions without this issue

Did the S2000 have anything like this? If so, clearly it's a Honda issue. But if not, clearly Honda knows how to design a transmission that doesn't do this
^ wrong thread….

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?

Don't want to get off topic here but just to quickly chime in, I had K20A and had occasional 2nd gear grind

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Yeah sorry for going off topic a bit 😬

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R

Never owned a previous Honda but I have seen people who owned Honda talk about it. Apparently for whatever reason they don't design the transmission to be hard shifted, so you have to be gentle and not powershift. I've heard of people having the same problem with the Honda 2000s and other models.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
No issues with my FK8 either
Back on topic!
So far it seems EDM + CDM = heated seats
USDM + JDM = no heated seats.

Next question is what markets get Bose.
I dont know who would drive this thing in the winter anyway. Thats type r abuse.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (Sonic Grey Pearl)
I dont know who would drive this thing in the winter anyway. Thats type r abuse.
I drive mine in the winter because I have no other car lol but tbh I've never had any issues in the winter, the seats seems to trap heat really well so I've never found myself wanting heated seats. I will say though that I wish we had a heated steering wheel

Last edited:

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I would like to see heated seat and steering wheel too. Also ventilated seats would be nice. I've gotten too used to these comfort items in our Hyundai. Lol

But also, I've been debating the winter beater cus reading up on how special this car will be, I'm starting to feel bad thinking about winter driving it.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
If I do end up getting one I'll likely winter drive it as well. Will I be bringing it to a touchless car wash just for the underbody rinse every week during the winter? Yeah, probably LOL.

If I wanted a summer only car I'd probably go for a less practical sports car (Miata, Z, etc.)

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Does the EDM include the UK or is it going to be different again for UKDM?

I don't think cloth seats need heat and UK winters can be harsh but if the seats were leather then I would want heated. Nice to have for aches and pains on long drives I guess. Never had a heated steering wheel in any car I've had so I don't know if it is at all useful to me. Heated windscreen and mirrors would be a better option for me than heated wheel. My FK8 is not a fair weather car, it gets used all year round.

Definitely want to know about the Bose system and who gets it, and about the subwoofer and if it's actually any good this time as the previous sub was a load of shit.​
Also hoping we get the self dimming rear view mirror again too.​
Want the full interior lighting pack again. FL5 has the red strip on the doors and looks like the light up Type-R sill protectors, the LED projected Type R logo in the doors when opening. Puddle lights would be a good alternative to the projected logo. They could have even done some exterior under car/downlights to give a subtle red glow. Just various thoughts.​
All seems up in the air and guesswork on so much and I can't see a lot of it being clarified until the final brochures and catalogues come out For each territory showing all the standard and optional kit that's available.​

Last edited: