• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Things we've spotted from the Type R videos

OP
OP
giger

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Fair to say this car doesn't have foglights
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I find fogs to be more more looks than function anyways. They don't actually do much at all, not a big deal.
I'm a big fan of fogs. Where I live it is wooded and any sort of ability to reflect off a deer's eyes is beneficial to me.

I will say Honda fogs have been the least useful to me.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Agree, it looks nice and is unique. Just hope it isn't going to be a problem. I already had enough issues just getting replacement OEM tyres on the FK8. 8 weeks wait for a tyre! :oops::crazy:

Anybody spotted what size fuel tank it has?

Wonder if they fixed the gear grind and lock out issues etc?
I guess you must know the size by now, but it's been mentioned somewhere on the forum that it will be 47L.
10th gen Si (Coupe) was also 47L for reference

OP
OP
giger

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Was watching the videos again and spotted the 2 front central parking sensors in the grill - strange location!

The new tyre size which be much more readily available and will open up more options - I personally love MP4S'

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Was watching the videos again and spotted the 2 front central parking sensors in the grill - strange location!

The new tyre size which be much more readily available and will open up more options - I personally love MP4S'
Speculating... It could be following up on a refreshed Accord feature on the Touring. "Low-speed braking control system"

I understand the benefit of that feature but it is certainly not my favorite.

Now that I think about it. I wonder if the Type R had the same one price camera system without radar like the current generation Civics have. It operates at a wider angle and I find it to be better than previous generation. I say that because the HRV also has this set up but it looks like the upcoming CRV does not.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
I guess you must know the size by now, but it's been mentioned somewhere on the forum that it will be 47L.
10th gen Si (Coupe) was also 47L for reference
Thanks, haven't had much chance to read around the forum so I hadn't seen that. Small tank again to keep the weight down, same as the FK8. It's OK but means having to fill up more often and think a little more ahead on long journeys.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Given the tank size, I'm trying to find those fuel economy figures I spotted earlier in the week (can't find them after 10 minutes of searching). Just wanted to get a feel for max range

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Probably around 200 miles I would think, give or take, depending on how you drive and on what roads. Cruise control on a motorway at a constant 60mph maybe 220-230??

Risk it for a biscuit and run into the reserve after the warning and you could maybe go another 25 miles.

OP
OP
giger

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Really?! That's appaling MPG using UK conversion. Surely 300 miles plus is more realistic?!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
That doesnt make sense. My gti can go nearly 400miles in the highway on a single tank flashed with apr making more power than a R.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Really?! That's appaling MPG using UK conversion. Surely 300 miles plus is more realistic?!
It's definitely going to be a 300 miles per tank kinda thing.

I feel like Japanese cars tend to have smaller tanks (especially Honda) versus their German counterpart.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
I can only comment on my old car, but it got ~400+ miles on hwy cruising with ~300lb (2ppl + some stuff) driving from Vancouver, BC to Levenworth, WA in mild summer weather iirc
I cant imagine CTR getting a lot less than ~350 miles in similar conditions.
I think 300 miles shouldnt be an issue.
Sponsored