• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Things we've spotted from the Type R videos

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
24 MPG is a real life reflection of an FK8 Type-R if you like to drive enthusiastically or hitting say 80mph rather than 60, so yes my figures probably are a bit out. Start pushing it around urban roads and you'll get about the same. The very best you are likely to see would be 34 mpg with perfect eco driving. That's what my 19 FK8 gets and I've almost hit 5000 miles on it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Here's a quote from autocar review...

"Honda claims a 36.7mpg fuel efficiency for the Type R, but in our early days with the car we were lucky to average in the 28s.

Granted, some of that is down to our desire to sample the engine’s full potential – purely in the name of research, clearly – but the vast bulk of our mileage has been normal, everyday driving. Thankfully, as the engine has been run in, so the economy has improved, and we’re now achieving an average of around 32mpg. That improvement adds up over time."

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Not that I plan on taking that many road trips, but stopping every 200 miles vs every 300 miles would get old on a longer trip. Glad it's looking more like the latter 👍

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Yeah like I said it depends on your driving etc. It can seem like you're filling up a lot. I came from a diesel that did 57 mpg around town and 72 mpg motorway to the type r 😳 That was a shock to the system lol 😆 Maybe my FK8 still has to run in more and could improve further.

Last edited:

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
200 seems very unlikely. On long road trips in my FK8 I would at least get 300 miles out of a tank.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Tank size is an issue. Any other vehicle tanks fit? What size is the Accord? We need PRL to drop a 15 gallon+ fuel tank .lol

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Probably around 200 miles I would think, give or take, depending on how you drive and on what roads. Cruise control on a motorway at a constant 60mph maybe 220-230??

Risk it for a biscuit and run into the reserve after the warning and you could maybe go another 25 miles.
The minimum miles out of a tank generally has been 250-300 for the longest time. I see no way with normal driving (aka not yours! lol) getting 200 miles on a fuel tank. Both the 10th gen Civic Type-R and the 11th gen Civics have a 12.4 gallon / 47 L fuel tank. In order to only get 200 miles (with say 10% buffer) is to get 18mpg. Without breaking the law or dragging the brakes that's some skills to get that bad on the streets.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
I'm definitely not dragging the brakes. Like I said earlier my initial numbers were off, I hadn't actually given it that much thought or calculation in all honesty, I was rough guestimating it.

I've done 25 years driving since the day I could legally drive and passed my test first time after only 5 lessons with a driving instructor! No accidents, points on my license, fines or convictions, no speeding offences. Zilch, zero, nada. Believe me I know very well how to drive!

Please don't try and tell me that people who own Type-R or similar cars don't drive fast where they can. 😄

Last edited:

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
Here's something interesting... In this video with a journalist during the press event, he clearly says in May 2022, they've already done a timed run at the Nurburgring and they'll release the time in due course. About time index 20:30. He also notes at 7:10 that the fenders are pre-rolled, as part of making sure the 265 tires don't rub.

Last edited:

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I really don’t care if it beats the Megane Trophy-R’s time. That car had carbon wheels, carbon brakes, no rear seats, and cost north of 70k Euros. About the only similarity between it and the Civic is that they’re both front-wheel drive.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I really don’t care if it beats the Megane Trophy-R’s time. That car had carbon wheels, carbon brakes, no rear seats, and cost north of 70k Euros. About the only similarity between it and the Civic is that they’re both front-wheel drive.
But you gotta admit, it would be cool if it did, especially at the price and daily livability differential

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Here's something interesting... In this video with a journalist during the press event, he clearly says in May 2022, they've already done a timed run at the Nurburgring and they'll release the time in due course. About time index 20:30. He also notes at 7:10 that the fenders are pre-rolled, as part of making sure the 265 tires don't rub.

Thanks for the vid. Honda, the rest of the world and I still care if the ctr can beat or get close to the Trophy R record.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Exactly. No one cares about that thing.

It needs to best the Lynk & Co 03 Cyan Concept.
Sponsored