• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
And thatā€™s fine. More money to go towards the purchase.
Thats my thought as well haha. I'm first at a small(ish) dealership in Canada so even if they do get one the first year I'll probably skip it for more down payment saving and also to skip the first year gremlins.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
how many of ya'll after this car actually owned an fk8 or a type r of some sort?

nowaytoescape

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
I wanted a Si (still do) badly but theyā€™re going for like $36k-$40k in my near areas so I tried shopping out of state but dealerships out of state bs you when you arenā€™t exactly near. Then the Acura Integra came out and Iā€™ve been reading that there are more Acura dealerships selling them at MSRP than Honda dealerships (which is crazy to me) so Iā€™m hoping people realize that and make these Siā€™s sit in my areas. Maybe then I can convince them to lower the price but if not Iā€™m continuing to just save for the Type R. I drive trucks, I can wait.

Mmkk111

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
how many of ya'll after this car actually owned an fk8 or a type r of some sort?
This will be my first Type R. Iā€™ve been a Honda fan for most of my life. From dirt bikes and motorcycles to many vehicles (even my lawnmower šŸ˜„). Iā€™ve had a Fit, Accord, Pilot (still have that one), S2000 (selling that car is my biggest car regret), Acura TSX and just bought a ā€˜22 MDX Type S Advance (which is a sweet ride). Had to wait for 6-7 months to get one at MSRP and in the color combo we wanted. Hoping to add the Type R to the garage next to the Type S.

Iā€™ve wanted a Type R civic for a while but wasnā€™t a huge fan of the FK8ā€™s style. I absolutely love the lines of the FL5. I also see the writing on the wall for ICE vehicles and want to get my hands on Hondaā€™s last one of the Type R flavor. This thing is going to be an iconic vehicle in the future. Iā€™m also keeping my eyes out for what they do with the Integra and a Type S variant. If finding a Type R becomes fiscally ridiculous and they release an ITS, that will be a good back up.

Iā€™m not in a huge rush to buy one, but I also donā€™t want to miss the opportunity, so we shall see how this crazy circus show goes once they release all the things on the CTR šŸ¤žšŸ¼. Iā€™ll pay a little over stickerā€¦but not $10-15K+ over sticker, which unfortunately is what we will probably see in the beginning šŸ«£šŸ™„.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
you'll be waiting longer than that lol
I have spoken to 2 dealerships where I live, where the GM said, he will not be marking up the Type R. Now getting one of the few these dealerships get, is another story all together, but I donā€™t care if they make 100 for the US, there are still a few dealers who donā€™t believe in markups, regardless of how rare and popular this car is.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
I have spoken to 2 dealerships where I live, where the GM said, he will not be marking up the Type R. Now getting one of the few these dealerships get, is another story all together, but I donā€™t care if they make 100 for the US, there are still a few dealers who donā€™t believe in markups, regardless of how rare and popular this car is.
plenty of dealers around will be selling at msrp, i know of 5...but, the ones selling at msrp have lists with more people than cars they will actually receive.

JustChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4
Zero Type RS here previously but about 4 BMW Ms and in an M4 just now.

Looking for a last manual ICE experience. The toned down looks suit me nicely. Aged 46 should know better :) ;)

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
plenty of dealers around will be selling at msrp, i know of 5...but, the ones selling at msrp have lists with more people than cars they will actually receive.
I agree, but it still needs to be said that not ALL Type Rs will have crazy markups.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Never had a Type R before. Always wanted one because of Gran Turismo. So it was really cool that the FK8 came to the US finally. I like muscle cars too, and the GT350 was just something I had to have. Now that I have dream car #1 down, Im working on car #2 :)

My daily driver is a Scion tC so I am really looking forward to upgrading to the FL5, it'll be better than my tC in literally everyway

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
The new one will look better
..Just a serious bit of kit the same way the e46 M3 looks. Clean and purposeful.
Great post - I have an E46 M3 & hope to add this to the garage
Thats my thought as well haha. I'm first at a small(ish) dealership in Canada so even if they do get one the first year I'll probably skip it for more down payment saving and also to skip the first year gremlins.
I seriously wouldn't pass up a car if you're offered one, imagine how gutted you'd be if you didn't get another allocation!

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
I had an Accord Type R and a Civic FD2 Type R when they were new. I've obviously had several cars since then so I'll be coming back to the Honda fold if I get one of these.

This will be the daily family car
Sponsored