• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Thoughts on the carbon fibre wing?

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Just curious to hear thoughts on this carbon fibre wing. Do you think its worth the price? Not sure what an aftermarket CF wing would be.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Definitely not worth it at $2,250 for a whopping weight savings of... 1.6 lbs lol

But it looks good. So I'd get it.

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Camry, 23 Civic Type R
Curious to know if Honda will release any tech data. Ex: reduces lift at speed or increases downforceā€¦

OP
OP
Sazabi

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Definitely not worth it at $2,250 for a whopping weight savings of... 1.6 lbs lol

Lol yeah, I feel the same. More interested in the looks than the performance.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

Weight savings isnā€™t the goal, downforce and stability are. Weight savings was a by-product of the material science applied in its manufacturing.
I only pointed it out because thatā€™s the first thing people bring up when critiquing the spoiler. A comparable GT wing from any high-end JDM Aero company will cost similar or more(see Varis, Voltex, Spoon, etc).
Itā€™s also made in Italy which would add to the expense. Itā€™s definitely worth it and itā€™s OEM so its covered under Hondaā€™s factory limited warranty.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
The box is heavier than the wing :)
Probably install Friday night...

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
There was a very detailed article in what went into the design, and what it offers.

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
Weight savings isnā€™t the goal, downforce and stability are. Weight savings was a by-product of the material science applied in its manufacturing.
I only pointed it out because thatā€™s the first thing people bring up when critiquing the spoiler. A comparable GT wing from any high-end JDM Aero company will cost similar or more(see Varis, Voltex, Spoon, etc).
Itā€™s also made in Italy which would add to the expense. Itā€™s definitely worth it and itā€™s OEM so its covered under Hondaā€™s factory limited warranty.
It also applies to those who will compete with it in sport/street class TT and autox, where only factory options/accessories are allowed. Any performance increase, no matter how small, is still an advantage. That isn't the reason a majority of people are buying that wing, but it's a plus for those of us who are (and it looks cool).

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R

Lol why do you say that? $2,250 for a functional carbon fiber wing is definitely below average and is a steal. If you want a legitimate wing with proper aero and weight savings that's easily pushing above $3k

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
It also applies to those who will compete with it in sport/street class TT and autox, where only factory options/accessories are allowed. Any performance increase, no matter how small, is still an advantage. That isn't the reason a majority of people are buying that wing, but it's a plus for those of us who are (and it looks cool).

This is true, I didnā€™t even think about that

BatesMotel6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
That bitch sexy and
Just curious to hear thoughts on this carbon fibre wing. Do you think its worth the price? Not sure what an aftermarket CF wing would be.
Iā€™m a fan, and the Drift King himself likes it on the Touge roads. If money is no issue, go get it.

FreshFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
It will be interesting to see what comes out in the aftermarket. There will be for sure a mix of companies that make them with real performance benefits and ones that just look cool without any real testing or data behind it.