• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

davilla413

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Boost Blue CTR 05334, ‘04 S2K, ‘97 Prelude SH
Yup. Can confirm my dealer missed mine. Drove home 65 miles on them. Noticed the car was sitting a bit high and thought, "well that is strange". Took a look and there they were. I did go on record with my dealer that they were there - but I just jacked the car up a bit and cut them off myself.
Sponsored

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
Related note to all of this. If the suspension blocks were missed, there is a good chance your tires are still inflated at 54 PSI for shipping purposes (mine were, but I forgot to post about that back in December).

Delta Bravo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Picking mine up today. Good catch! I’ll be sure to check before leaving the dealer

poops

First Name
Dayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CTR/FL5
This is great info to have in this thread...

I'm picking up my FL5 tomorrow. Anything else I should be on the look out for before I drive away from the dealership?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
The transport blocks are certainly something to look for; however, I suggest thoroughly inspecting the car prior to leaving the dealership. I know it may be difficult based on the time of collection and overall excitement, but take a good look at the car to ensure no damage or items need to be addressed. Getting the dealership to correct issues found once you drive away is a battle you will likely lose. This isn't specific to the FL5 and this practice should be applied to any new vehicle collection.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
This is great info to have in this thread...

I'm picking up my FL5 tomorrow. Anything else I should be on the look out for before I drive away from the dealership?
Make sure the kit under the rear cargo tray has your tow hook and tire compressor.
congrats btw. I have about 5k miles and 8 months of ownership and really love this car.

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Same thing happened to me! Probably had 100 miles on the car since I bought it out of state. Kept looking at it in my driveway thinking, "wtf is the front end so much higher than the rear???" Lol went and looked and cut those suckers out!

VLJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R Boost Blue Pearl
Related note to all of this. If the suspension blocks were missed, there is a good chance your tires are still inflated at 54 PSI for shipping purposes (mine were, but I forgot to post about that back in December).
Just checked the tire pressures on my new FL5 today, after picking it up the other night.

53 PSI.

Now you have me worried that they missed the suspension blocks too. Gonna go check.

Edit...

Nope, no suspension blocks. They at least remembred to remove those.

Last edited:

DragonRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, n bikes
Thanks all for the photos. Mine were removed, my tires were a bit high, but below 40psi
Sponsored