• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Curious did the FK8 ship with spacers? Just curious as to the validity of the dealers claim of no other Honda's have ever had them.
Also the S2000. Again, mistakes can happen but... wtf.
Sponsored

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Curious did the FK8 ship with spacers? Just curious as to the validity of the dealers claim of no other Honda's have ever had them.
Yes they did. But they were bright orange. Making them black is just stupid.

I imagine the dealer used the wrong PDI checklist. Probably one for the basic Civic. But either way, screw up. Thanks for the PSA.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Not going to lie I was looking for this thread as I forgot what these were called, so that I could tell the dealer specifically to take care of removing these during PDI.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
I bought a 2001 S2000 sometime around 2011. Dealer said that the older guy that traded it in just couldn't handle the rough ride anymore. On the test drive I noticed it felt significantly stiffer than my previous S2000. I put it on a lift when I got to work and it still had the rubber blocks in the springs. 10 years and 35k miles later lol. Rode like a dream after they came out.

scoutduke

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
11th Gen Honda Civic Transport Blocks PSA: make sure your dealer removes suspension transport blocks before taking delivery! 3B867326-D74D-4D37-AEFA-091ED67ED9E9
Had the same problem.. I’d heard that comfort mode was stiff, but it was much stiffer than I expected. As soon as I got home I googled how to recalibrate the suspension modes thinking I might could soften it. Came upon another thread on here and saw a post about the blocks. Went to look and sure enough, blocks are still in. I’m going to ask the dealer to do the whole PDI over. I knew for a fact that they’d pencil whipped the inspections at oil changes in the past, but I couldn’t believe they didn’t even put this car on a lift. PDI check lists suspension. I’ve definitely lost some faith in the service department. If they want to make it up to me? Forged wheels please.
I might never have known if it wasn’t posted here. Thanks so much!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
3B867326-D74D-4D37-AEFA-091ED67ED9E9.jpeg
Had the same problem.. I’d heard that comfort mode was stiff, but it was much stiffer than I expected. As soon as I got home I googled how to recalibrate the suspension modes thinking I might could soften it. Came upon another thread on here and saw a post about the blocks. Went to look and sure enough, blocks are still in. I’m going to ask the dealer to do the whole PDI over. I knew for a fact that they’d pencil whipped the inspections at oil changes in the past, but I couldn’t believe they didn’t even put this car on a lift. PDI check lists suspension. I’ve definitely lost some faith in the service department. If they want to make it up to me? Forged wheels please.
I might never have known if it wasn’t posted here. Thanks so much!
I would pass on requesting they reperform the PDI, especially if you've lost faith in them. At this point, the fewer touchpoints with your car the better.

Etherol

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting back in them
Picked mine up today and drove 120 miles. Parked the car in driveway and noticed the front-end sitting higher than expected. The dealer didn’t remove mine either. Wtf! I really don’t want to take the car back to dealer to remove. Easy enough to jack up and remove myself? I’m quite capable mechanically. Though, I’ve never removed spacers. Thanks for any input.
11th Gen Honda Civic Transport Blocks PSA: make sure your dealer removes suspension transport blocks before taking delivery! 43E6E34A-FF12-47AD-A1F6-B8C2344705D0

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
…….. . I knew for a fact that they’d pencil whipped the inspections at oil changes in the past……..
Good one, pencil whipped the inspections, going to steal that little gem for my own use at work! 😆

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Picked mine up today and drove 120 miles. Parked the car in driveway and noticed the front-end sitting higher than expected. The dealer didn’t remove mine either. Wtf! I really don’t want to take the car back to dealer to remove. Easy enough to jack up and remove myself? I’m quite capable mechanically. Though, I’ve never removed spacers. Thanks for any input.
43E6E34A-FF12-47AD-A1F6-B8C2344705D0.jpeg
It's relatively straightforward. You need to take the load off the suspension by jacking the car up. Once you do that you simply cut the zip ties and remove the blocks.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
This thread should be pinned to the top! I picked mine up last week from a small dealership in Mississippi and sure enough, the suspension blocks and zip ties were still there! By the time we noticed, the service dept was closed and we were tired af from driving all day to get to the dealership. We had no choice but to drive 45 miles away to our hotel with the blocks in, needless to say the ride was hella stiff lol. But the next day we pulled up to Paul Moak Honda in Jackson and told them the situation (no way we’re driving back 6hrs to Atlanta with the blocks in) they laughed and handled it no problem.

I’m not mad at the dealership who sold it to me, they prolly never get Type R’s and other cars don’t come with blocks so they didn’t know any better.

Also I checked the PDI checklist and it doesn’t specify to remove the suspension blocks. Honda needs to do better about educating their technicians.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Yep, my dealer was really surprised and said it’s not on the checklist. Come on Honda!
Sponsored