• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R "In the Wild" Sightings

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
nah, gsm said allocations start in September. Which is what will be happening
I have no reason to not expect September/October

I'm confident it won't be happening September first and I'm confident you won't have a VIN until the car is made..
Sponsored

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5

I'm confident it won't be happening September first and I'm confident you won't have a VIN until the car is made..
where did I say september 1st?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST

So basically, the cars will be here sometime next July. 🤣

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
So basically, the cars will be here sometime next July. 🤣
I know you're messing about but I would assume if they get ordered next month you are looking at December/January. Speculation of course.

where did I say september 1st?
You didn't. It was someone else. I confuse all these takes.

thecaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
I wonder who is going to win the release date race: Civic Type R or Corolla GR? My bet is on the Corolla GR Core edition.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I wonder who is going to win the release date race: Civic Type R or Corolla GR? My bet is on the Corolla GR Core edition.
I was under the impression the GR was releasing in October, which would be well ahead of the Type R, based on current predictions.

thecaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
I was under the impression the GR was releasing in October, which would be well ahead of the Type R, based on current predictions.
Yea, that’s what I read as well. Honestly forgot where I read that information.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Pretty sure Toyota put it out at the reveal.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
It feels like ages ago that the GR was revealed. I’m sure it’s been a long Spring and Summer for Toyota enthusiasts. Of course, I’ve been following this car since before the 11th gen was even announced, so they have nothing to complain about. :p

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
I was all set on white and now I’m thinking, “Well, my S2000 is black… “ Haha
Oh shit…..don’t buy black! Don’t buy black! You promised yourself you’d never buy a black car again!
It's ok - I definetely am not going to get the black and decided a while ago I would wait for the pics to see what other colour to get. I knew whatever they look like, I wasn't getting black. So on an unrelated note, I called the dealer today just to chat and let him know to make sure he retains my order for the black that I placed a month ago and I will continue my lies to myself in bliss.

I still want to see the blue... but between me and the black one, we both know what's what.

Last edited:

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
It's ok - I definetely am not going to get the black and decided a while ago I would wait for the pics to see what other colour to get. I knew whatever they look like, I wasn't getting black. So on an unrelated note, I called the dealer today just to chat and let him know to make sure he retains my order for the black that I placed a month ago and I will continue my lies to myself in bliss.

I still want to see the blue... but between me and the black one, we both know what's what.
I was 2000% CW for like the last 20 plus years but dang!, does it ever look good in black.

Fortunately for me this car is my side bitch as I like to call it and will never see winter and very little rain. If I PPF the shit out of it I don’t think maintaining it will be an issue…

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Black cars look spectacular… for like a day.