• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R Record at the Ring?

Will the Type R take the record at Nurburgring before the reveal?

• Total voters

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Interesting. I did see that LE had more wheel hop in some reviews but still turned out a better time on those tracks. 2023 was 0.9s faster than LE at suzuka. That seems really promising to me in setting a new FWD record. It would easily beat the 2017 CTR time at minimum.
Sponsored

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
^ i stand by my assertion that it was a weak approachā€¦.
"Different" approach.
They've been doing limited edition 2 seater thing since FN2 era.
Everyone knew they'd do it again for the 3rd gen.
I think Honda and Seat really deserve more respect for running their cars "stock."
But there are MANY automakers in Europe and they sometimes do things very differently.
I don't think it's cheating or anything, but You might disagree. That's fine. We all have different opinions about things.
I just wanted to let you know that European hot hatch market and the 'Ring competition isn't as simple as you'd think.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
"Different" approach.
They've been doing limited edition 2 seater thing since FN2 era.
Everyone knew they'd do it again for the 3rd gen.
I think Honda and Seat really deserve more respect for running their cars "stock."
But there are MANY automakers in Europe and they sometimes do things very differently.
I don't think it's cheating or anything, but You might disagree. That's fine. We all have different opinions about things.
I just wanted to let you know that European hot hatch market and the 'Ring competition isn't as simple as you'd think.
Imagine what honda could do for another $40k per carā€¦.thats why its a weak approach. If you throw enough money at anythingā€¦.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
With the right driver, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll beat the LE. For reference, I logged a personal best 8:18 at the Ring in the LE. Thatā€™s with a stage 3 weight reduction and sticky soft tires in GT7.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I think to rephrase it as @KoukiVAB said about respect. It's not so much that they're cheating...not like it's an actual competition event. I think that's exactly it that I respect Honda keeping it close to stock in hitting the record. If they did the same with a track version, I would really care little about that number because that will never be something I'm interested in purchasing. Thus I care very little about the Megan record. If anything, I respect Type R so much more because it was only 4s slower yet was so much more of a daily car.

I do actually like the regular Megan RS. Saw one when I was in Europe. Would like to drive one and really like the looks, but I know Honda Type R will win out at the end for me.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I had a Megane RS 300 Trophy (not the Trophy R) for just under a year. It was brilliant on a track day, but the ride was awful and there were serious issues (on most Tophys I believe) with the reliability of the lightweight lithium battery.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
With the right driver, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll beat the LE. For reference, I logged a personal best 8:18 at the Ring in the LE. Thatā€™s with a stage 3 weight reduction and sticky soft tires in GT7.
Steering wheel or controller?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Steering wheel or controller?
Logitech gaming wheel and I'm a bad driver in GT7, LOL. My original statement was missing an emoji at the end: šŸ˜‰

I really hope the FL5 will show up in GT7 before end of production. That will be as close as I'll get myself into one in the next few years.

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
Here's my thinking. The final drive ratio of the FL5 is taller than the FK8 which would potentially mean a higher top speed is possible. Counter to this, it has slightly smaller diameter tyres, which would reduce the top speed just a little, but this would also increase the torque output. Along with the additional power the engine now has aswell, these changes would assist the car to retain the acceleration rate of the FK8 while still having a slightly higher top speed. As a result we may see a decent change on the long straights where it can get to a higher speed than the FK8.

Then there's the handling which is seemingly improved as well of course. I'm thinking with these changes it can make a significant reduction in time, given the amount of high speed straights at the ring.
Sponsored