• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Unwanted attention

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I get much less attention than I anticipated, especially given the color (blue) which is super loud. I am happy about this btw, was worried I'd attract too much as well, and typically like flying under the radar.

If and when I get attention, it's from fellow car enthusiasts, which is rare up here in new England. To everyone else, it's just a Honda Civic.

Fl5ap

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I get much less attention than I anticipated, especially given the color (blue) which is super loud. I am happy about this btw, was worried I'd attract too much as well, and typically like flying under the radar.

If and when I get attention, it's from fellow car enthusiasts, which is rare up here in new England. To everyone else, it's just a Honda Civic.
Recently, while I was paying for my McDonald's breakfast via drive thru, the cashier told me "You must really like the color red" (she was smiling and being nice I think). In my head I was cracking up.

Apart from that, only other negative or what I perceive to be negative is the markup question.

When I grew up dreaming of buying an 09 EVO Rs and I got to see one in person, I never even thought of asking how much the owner payed. Just admired the car. Young car enthusiast now a days have little to no respect on the road or limited communication skills.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link

here in the Centra Florida area its very hit or miss. Driving around the highway its usually calm. But close to my house on the main road its almost a daily occurrence. Have had GTi’s, wrx’s, Focus St’s and RS. And a few other rev their engine and try to do dumb shit on a busy street.🤦‍♂️

Inside the neighborhood its very calm and no issues but I still put the car in the garage since you never know.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
No negative attention or foolishness, only love. Having owned several performance cars I cannot recall any negative encounters or experiences. Just your typical small talk, photos/video being taken, waves, pointing, and staring.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
Same. After 6 months of ownership, thankfully it’s been a pretty positive experience here! Thumbs up, head nods, random conversations in parking lots and gas stations. Even had guys signal us to roll the window down at lights just to compliment us and they’re driving sportier cars like Porsches, Corvettes, GTRs, and M4 comps. Feels pretty badass.

What really cracks me up tho is when I’m driving solo or with my sister and guys realize a girl is driving, the dropped jaws and neck breaking is hilarious!

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The only negative attention I’ve gotten was at a local cars and coffee a few months ago. People show up with everything from their project hoopties to Porsche Manthey Racing GT4’s. I had the only FL5 there. I love seeing all of it, including the crusty stuff. As I was leaving the event (in my car) I pass by a group of ricer d-bags and one screams “NOBODY CARES!!!” 🤣 Like…really? This is a community cars and coffee, jackass. Clearly y’all do care or you’d not feel the need to publicly announce your hate. That, I think, basically sums up what others here have experienced now and then, #riceboijealousy

Last edited:

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
It's luck of the draw, but I think it boils down to a special kind of envy that attracts the worst type of negative attention for these cars.

In a Porsche or other similar type of "aspirational" sports car, I never really received the type of idiocy that's been displayed in my "medium tier" cars. It's kind of like people who would be envious of the car recognize it's well beyond their price range or whatever, ultimately they don't feel inclined to have to "prove anything". More of a "nice car, I hope to be able to own one someday."

In the FL5/DE5, it's just at the lower edge of desirable. Just enough for idiots to give themselves reasons to believe they don't want one, and for some that manifests in truly nasty behavior.

It could be just as easily attributed to the demographics of who drives these cars. Middle aged or old men driving Porsches aren't as likely to engage in tomfoolery than the 30-somethings who drive Type Rs.

I'm no philosophy major, but my .02.

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
The only negative attention I’ve gotten was at a local cars and coffee a few months ago. People show up with everything from their project hoopties to Porsche Manthey Racing GT4’s. I had the only FL5 there. I love seeing all of it, including the crusty stuff. As I was leaving the event (in my car) I pass by a group of ricer d-bags and one screams “NOBODY CARES!!!” 🤣 Like…really? This is a community cars and coffee, jackass. Clearly y’all do care or you’d not feel the need to publicly announce your hate. That, I think, basically sums up what others here have experienced now and then, #riceboijealousy
I live in Cincy and haven't made it to a C&C yet, but I hadn't seen any other FL5 in Cincy until last week when I saw Boost Pearl Blue CTR going down the road.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@optronix Yeah, that’s probably a factor. The FL5 and DE5 fall into the realm of “attainable dream cars” for many.

So to see someone else with it must bring up these childlike behaviors. It’s like a bratty kid seeing another kid enjoying an ice cream cone, then throwing a tantrum because they want an ice cream cone too. 🤣🤣🤣

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
The only attention I ever received was on the very first day after I bought the car when I was driving to work. Haven't had anything else since.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
I've been using this among some other measures. You should mix up electrical with mechanical deterrents as well. It's all about buying some time and forcing them to pay for it through the racket they have to make trying to get these locks off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XS1S4M1/

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I live in a fairly small town but do get more attention when I drive in more populated areas. I feel like Championship White blends in a lot and I imagine some people don't even notice the black wing.

I bet Boost Blue or Rallye Red would get a lot more attention.
Can confirm red stands out a lot. Especially when most cars these days are fairly neutral colors (white, gray, etc).

Was driving back from my oil change the other day and I had a guy yell at me that he liked the car. He was nice about it. Stopped behind him at a light and he was snapping photos.

I guess it’s a good thing I went with the dark tint. I do like my privacy.
Sponsored