• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

When do you think the Type-R will arrive?

• Total voters

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
USA first cars looking like December after the latest news

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Either way, I'll be lucky to get one before final model year.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Honda knows knows what they're doing. The US has always been a prime timeline target - for both business and marketing reasons.
Things could change, but until we hear otherwise from Honda, Fall it remains (Sept-Dec). 👍

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Remember guys, Fall officially starts Sept. 22nd so until Honda makes an official statement that the Type-R will be delayed, everything remains on track for now. Honda would be dumb not to prioritize FL5 production for the US. We are the Type-Rs' largest market after all.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Remember guys, Fall officially starts Sept. 22nd so until Honda makes an official statement that the Type-R will be delayed, everything remains on track for now. Honda would be dumb not to prioritize FL5 production for the US. We are the Type-Rs' largest market after all.
I dunno man, plenty of “experts” on here say otherwise. And believe me, they know. Lol

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I dunno man, plenty of “experts” on here say otherwise. And believe me, they know. Lol
These same "experts" claiming Honda will produce more FL5's than FK8's. Because "dEmAnD iS StRonG!!!" **insert massive fucking eye roll**

Last edited:

Limitr

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Car arrivals and shipping has been horrendous. Regular Civic Hatchbacks, coming out of Canada have recently been taking 6-7 weeks in most cases. Cars coming from Japan have traditionally taken 2 months to get to Boston. Imagine what it’ll be now? 10 weeks? 12 weeks? Usually once there is a VIN, the next update has been about a month later showing it’s in the USA. Then coming on rail all the way across the USA. This has been the case since I have worked for Honda. The Honda HR-V (and Fit when they were built) take around 8 weeks when coming from Mexico.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I think my initial vote of December may need to be adjusted. TBH I would prefer not to receive the car in the middle of winter. At this point delay the US deliveries until early spring so we're all in the same boat...

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Car arrivals and shipping has been horrendous. Regular Civic Hatchbacks, coming out of Canada have recently been taking 6-7 weeks in most cases. Cars coming from Japan have traditionally taken 2 months to get to Boston. Imagine what it’ll be now? 10 weeks? 12 weeks? Usually once there is a VIN, the next update has been about a month later showing it’s in the USA. Then coming on rail all the way across the USA. This has been the case since I have worked for Honda. The Honda HR-V (and Fit when they were built) take around 8 weeks when coming from Mexico.
Its 2-3 weeks from Japan to the west coast. Tack on 3 weeks to dealer (on the outside) and you have a month and a half.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Its 2-3 weeks from Japan to the west coast. Tack on 3 weeks to dealer (on the outside) and you have a month and a half.

That was when things were going smoothly, things haven't been consistently smooth with Honda in months

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
That was when things were going smoothly, things haven't been consistently smooth with Honda in months
So, then…for the last damn time, if it’s going to be March before we see these cars in the US, make a freaking announcement Honda. This week would be the perfect time to do it, during the Detroit Auto Show…

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
So, then…for the last damn time, if it’s going to be March before we see these cars in the US, make a freaking announcement Honda. This week would be the perfect time to do it, during the Detroit Auto Show…
Trust me, I relay people's frustration to Honda Corporate every chance I get but my contacts really have zero impact on Honda's logistics. All they can do is pass the message on.
Sponsored