• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R Release Date

2023 Type R Release Date - let’s make this fun

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lamotrigine

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8
Nothing officially announced anywhere I can find but HPJ just posted "Wednesday July 20th" #CivicTypeR

It's coming folks, but even if we do get the reveal...delivery will be a whole other story lol
Oh my god where?
Sponsored

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Just like I thought, after the CR-V on July 12th… I’m still betting on late October to early November for the first to trickle into dealers.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Just like I thought, after the CR-V on July 12th… I’m still betting on late October to early November for the first to trickle into dealers.

Yeah that sounds plausible, hope mine shows up before the dead of winter.

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Don’t know about you, but I’m not paying a rediculous markup…
None of us are. That's the point.

For me it'll be 11GenImUnsure Jr V. But by then they'll be tooting around in econoboxes that sound like the Jetson's mobile.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
None of us are. That's the point.

For me it'll be 11GenImUnsure Jr V. But by then they'll be tooting around in econoboxes that sound like the Jetson's mobile.
My point being, it’s become the trend for everyone to say, “every single Type R will be sold with a $20k markup.” Not every dealership will be gouging like that, but people will keep perpetuating this fake narrative. The problem is people like drama, and cherry pick the handful of places that will charge some ludicrous markup, and say it’s the whole market. Maybe where you’re at, every dealer within a 1000 miles will charge markups like that. I even know someone personally, that’s got the new Ford F-150 Lightning, and they only paid $2,500 over MSRP…and I guarantee that vehicle will be more sought after, than the Type R…

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
My point being, it’s become the trend for everyone to say, “every single Type R will be sold with a $20k markup.” Not every dealership will be gouging like that, but people will keep perpetuating this fake narrative. The problem is people like drama, and cherry pick the handful of places that will charge some ludicrous markup, and say it’s the whole market. Maybe where you’re at, every dealer within a 1000 miles will charge markups like that. I even know someone personally, that’s got the new Ford F-150 Lightning, and they only paid $2,500 over MSRP…and I guarantee that vehicle will be more sought after, than the Type R…

Most dealers will have a mark up (some astronomical) and venture most theoretical inventory are already assigned or claimed. After the reveal and release dealers who have refrained from wait lists and deposits will likely be overwhelmed by already primed and waiting demand. For those dealers that maintain a first come first serve at msrp approach, well, they will be the sought out unicorns.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Most dealers will have a mark up (some astronomical) and venture most theoretical inventory are already assigned or claimed. After the reveal and release dealers who have refrained from wait lists and deposits will likely be overwhelmed by already primed and waiting demand. For those dealers that maintain a first come first serve at msrp approach, well, they will be the sought out unicorns.
Everything you said, is the point I already made…?

Anyway…

In my area, for example, I have talked to 40 dealerships, since December, and not a single one has created a wait list or taken deposits, and of those 40, some have stated markups, and some have stated the larger crazier markups, but most have said they will keep their markups under $10k, and a few have said they will honor MSRP…

Either way, my point is, just like runs on gas and paper towels…people are trying to create drama for the sake of creating pandemonium. I never had an issue getting paper towels or gas, and I won’t have an issue getting a Type R.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Everything you said, is the point I already made…?

Anyway…

In my area, for example, I have talked to 40 dealerships, since December, and not a single one has created a wait list or taken deposits, and of those 40, some have stated markups, and some have stated the larger crazier markups, but most have said they will keep their markups under $10k, and a few have said they will honor MSRP…

Either way, my point is, just like runs on gas and paper towels…people are trying to create drama for the sake of creating pandemonium. I never had an issue getting paper towels or gas, and I won’t have an issue getting a Type R.
Who’s the “everybody” that is creating drama? Where in your earlier posts did you call out what I clarified?

Gas and paper towels will continue to be produced after an onslaught in demand - the type r wont.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Who’s the “everybody” that is creating drama? Where in your earlier posts did you call out what I clarified?

Gas and paper towels will continue to be produced after an onslaught in demand - the type r wont.
You must not get out much. If you look on social media, YouTube, instagram, the comment sections of basically everything, you can’t go 5 seconds without someone claiming, “Good luck getting a Type R, they’re all gonna have $25k markups!” If you haven’t seen that, roll through the comments on most of the 2023 Civic Type R threads…I have.

As far as what you clarified, no need to say it all again.

As far as my comment on gas and paper towels, what I meant was, in layman’s terms… if you’re willing to do the leg work, and spend the time contacting dealers and making connections with the people you meet along the way, most people will be successful in getting this car. But most people will walk into a dealer, get thrown a rediculous markup, and either pay it or walk out and complain… and it’s those types of people that perpetuate the hysteria. I have no doubt there will be examples of people who try hard and are unsuccessful, especially in super hot markets like urban California, for example…but that doesn’t apply to everywhere. That’s all I am trying to say.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
^ so you you cant answer the first two questions.

I disagree on your last point. Most will not be successful in getting the car.
Sponsored