• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

When do you think the Type-R will arrive?

• Total voters

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Its a fever pitch is all. Two weeks is going to be the longest two weeks. We are all jonesing.
It's annoying at best. The information is out there.

Why pretend as if Honda is screwing it up when it's no different than any other launch they do. Then act like you're going to go buy something else...

Not one person cares at all. Go enjoy your Kona N or whatever the trendy car you want today. Spare us your tantrum. It gets old.
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
It's annoying at best. The information is out there.

Why pretend as if Honda is screwing it up when it's no different than any other launch they do. Then act like you're going to go buy something else...

Not one person cares at all. Go enjoy your Kona N or whatever the trendy car you want today. Spare us your tantrum. It gets old.
Cranky today, bad day at work?
Tickle Tickle

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
It will be interesting to see just how many are coming into the US.
I have heard Australia is getting as many as 700+ in the first allocation. Thats huge considering there were only around 1300 FK8s sold here between 2017-2021.
I know dealers are saying it will be a limited run as they convince you to pay your deposit, but do they really know?
Ya who knows, honestly dealers don't know either imo. I still think it's going to be limited in Canada. Dealerships will get guaranteed allocations, probably 1 or 2, and the rest is up in the air.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Tickle Tickle
FWIW there's only so much fun in hearing the same complaints from different mouths over and over again.

I'm not even a Honda person, but I looked at a few releases in the past, and this one doesn't look much different. Not sure why people are so upset things are going exactly as they typically go.

Some kids just really want everything to go their way all the time, I guess.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
FWIW there's only so much fun in hearing the same complaints from different mouths over and over again.

I'm not even a Honda person, but I looked at a few releases in the past, and this one doesn't look much different. Not sure why people are so upset things are going exactly as they typically go.

Some kids just really want everything to go their way all the time, I guess.
You are acting as if this is like any ordinary car being released and if it was I would agree. But it isn’t- I can argue in good faith that its one of if not the most anticipated Honda in history. Add skipping a year and a ton of dealer uncertainty and you have a desire for more clarity. Over time (some have had deposits for over a year) it wears on a person. Treating the Type R like any other release is almost cruel.

Now, that said, I believe Honda is maybe navigating one of the most challenging procurement, logistical and economic environments its ever seen which creates all kinds if uncertainty. They have a pedigree for excellence and maybe will not disclose dates so as not to miss them due to this uncertainty, otherwise potentially hurting their reputation. Assuming positive intent, under ordinary circumstances Honda may have disclosed more info?

For those like myself, I can actually feel the agony of the wait in my bones. And its not fn arthritis or pulled muscles. Its insatiable Type R lust. That damn top gun drone view instagram nearly put me over the top. It stands to reason some folks will pop off now and then. Honestly this board has been very therapeutic while i wait to learn more.

Anyway to each their own. Two weeks baby!

Last edited:

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
You are acting as if this is like any ordinary car being released and if it was I would agree. But it isn’t- I can argue in good faith that its one of if not the most anticipated Honda in history. Add skipping a year and a ton of dealer uncertainty and you have a desire for more clarity. Over time (some have had deposits for over a year) it wears on a person. Treating the Type R like any other release is almost cruel.

Now, that said, I believe Honda is maybe navigating one of the most challenging procurement, logistical and economic environments its ever seen which creates all kinds if uncertainty. They have a pedigree for excellence and maybe will not disclose dates so as not to miss them due to this uncertainty, otherwise potentially hurting their reputation. Assuming positive intent, under ordinary circumstances Honda may have disclosed more info?

For those like myself, I can actually feel the agony of the wait in my bones. And its not fn arthritis or pulled muscles. Its insatiable Type R lust. That damn top gun drone view instagram nearly put me over the top. It stands to reason some folks will pop off now and then. Honestly this board has been very therapeutic while i wait to learn more.

Anyway to each their own. Two weeks baby!
IIRC NSX and FK8 release timelines were pretty close to this as well. Seems to me Honda doesn't really play favorites.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
If Canada is getting 400 cars I would be surprised if Australia got more than this.

I am thinking 200 to 270 cars down here.

Lets be optimistic and say 270 / 87 dealers = 3 cars per dealership.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
IIRC NSX and FK8 release timelines were pretty close to this as well. Seems to me Honda doesn't really play favorites.
Either way, hopefully you have a better understanding of board psychology now.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Tickle Tickle
It was a great day at work...

My thing is... if you speak bullshit and I know it to be bullshit. I'll call it out... for better or worse I'm that guy. I would want someone else to do the same. I don't know any of you but I'll help all of you. So why on earth would I sit idle and watch that BS take shape.

Honda hasn't screwed it up. I understand it's a Type R to you but I have customer's that are super excited about the new CR-V or Pilot and could not give a damn about a Civic Type R. They also have forums and fans.

To be honest the biggest sickos I've ever had on a vehicle are Ridgeline owners. I pride myself on knowing my product. These people often tell me things I had no clue about or what is possible aftermarket wise within reason.

Anyway... talk shit. Get called out.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

My thing is... if you speak bullshit and I know it to be bullshit. I'll call it out... for better or worse I'm that guy. I would want someone else to do the same. I don't know any of you but I'll help all of you. So why on earth would I sit idle and watch that BS take shape.

Honda hasn't screwed it up. I understand it's a Type R to you but I have customer's that are super excited about the new CR-V or Pilot and could not give a damn about a Civic Type R. They also have forums and fans.

To be honest the biggest sickos I've ever had on a vehicle are Ridgeline owners. I pride myself on knowing my product. These people often tell me things I had no clue about or what is possible aftermarket wise within reason.

Seems like an over reaction to someone who seemed frustrated. Talking shit would be talking about yo mama, not a timeline. My take is some on the board are frustrated and it is what it is. But keep fighting your crusade to right ever disgruntled Honda fan, your energy not mine.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150

I'm sure there is a lot nicer ways to say this, but this is the truth. People shouldn't induce panic/spread information about a product or brand when they are being inaccurate.

I've said it multiple times and I'll say it again, the speculation is insane. I don't blame people for speculating, I speculate too. However I've watched this happen to drive people to insanity where someone says "omg I think we might hear something x date..."...Then x date comes, nothing to which Honda never made an announcement regarding x date, it was just someone speculating. x date passes, people are disappointed, rinse, repeat.

People need to understand that Honda is going to announce whatever when they do, until then speculate all you want but don't let it drive your expectations/feelings. Unfortunately many people get emotionally invested in these expectations lol.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Seems like an over reaction to someone who seemed frustrated. Talking shit would be talking about yo mama, not a timeline. My take is some on the board are frustrated and it is what it is. But keep fighting your crusade to right ever disgruntled Honda fan, your energy not mine.
I suppose it's a matter of perspective. I don't do it for him. I thought that was clear enough. It's you that I'm responding to. So much for it not being your energy.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I suppose it's a matter of perspective. I don't do it for him. I thought that was clear enough. It's you that I'm responding to. So much for it not being your energy.
Sounds like word salad. Have a better day.

Eye on the prize - two weeks.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I can understand people's frustration but also agree that Honda haven't done anything particularly wrong here, it's just taking time.

My thought though is that, the longer it takes, the less excited I am about trying to buy one as the initial excitement fades. That said, I suspect as soon as an order opportunity turns up I'll be right back up there...

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I know everyones excited about the car launching but we already know how greedy dealers will be. Who here is willing to drop 10k on top? Some youtuber dropped nearly 30k on top for a Proto Z.
Sponsored