• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R Release Date

2023 Type R Release Date - let’s make this fun

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I talked to him in person a couple months ago. One of the larger dealers he does a lot of promo stuff with is selling him the first one they get.
Well he seems pretty confident in having it, the end of summer, so I’m gonna hope he has an inside track on availability.
It looks like, with most reveals, 2-3 months after a debut is around when you can expect to see a car show up at a dealer, so a late June early July debut, would make late September early October rumors of showing up to dealers, sound right on.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Expect MASSIVE dealer markups in the US that will most likely put the 10th gen to shame. Plus with the interest rates going up you better have a large down payment.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Expect MASSIVE dealer markups in the US that will most likely put the 10th gen to shame. Plus with the interest rates going up you better have a large down payment.

I've got 25K to put down from my 10th gen R, but if I can't get MRSP I'll never own one.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
More fearmongering from the peanut gallery… this only applies to people with short attention spans and low IQs… if you are willing to put in the work, don’t listen to people like this….they are why this is even a thing.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I work for Honda in Quebec...

We were supposed to start getting them late this summer,but Honda told us not before next year,it's not theyre priority now....

We will need to be patient..GRRR!
lol…Doubtful….

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Soon!!! It’s officially summer. Yeah! Getting super excited to see Honda’s last 6MT designed for hardcore drivers.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Hi all - are we expecting the car to debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed? The FK8 was debuted there I think, but I can't see that Honda are attending in any official capacity?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Hi all - are we expecting the car to debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed? The FK8 was debuted there I think, but I can't see that Honda are attending in any official capacity?
Some have speculated, but personally, I don’t think so. I think it will be next weekend at the Mid-Ohio Indy 200. Seems like Goodwood is too focused on 50 years of M cars. I’d think Honda wouldn’t want it’s thunder stolen, when it announces the R.
And for Fwiw, the event is even called, “The Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio Presented by the All-New 2023 Civic Type R”.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I think you might be right! I've just received an invite to a Honda UK Facebook reveal event of the non Type R Civic on 28 June. So I doubt even more that the Type R will be before the Indy 200 even over here in Europe.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Some have speculated, but personally, I don’t think so. I think it will be next weekend at the Mid-Ohio Indy 200. Seems like Goodwood is too focused on 50 years of M cars. I’d think Honda wouldn’t want it’s thunder stolen, when it announces the R.
And for Fwiw, the event is even called, “The Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio Presented by the All-New 2023 Civic Type R”.
Let’s hope…

11th Gen Honda Civic Type R Release Date 1656299051926