• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

When do you think the Type-R will arrive?

• Total voters

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Its true that alot of the "timelines" and speculation wasnt even from Honda themselves. Ill chalk it up to us just going stir crazy over here waiting the long game. No need to lash out on each other, good vibes only within the next month!
Sponsored

Reactions: MrB

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
The most anticipated Honda launch that I can remember was for the S2000. People could not be more excited to see them hit the streets and a lot were going for well above MSRP before that was a somewhat common practice.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The most anticipated Honda launch that I can remember was for the S2000. People could not be more excited to see them hit the streets and a lot were going for well above MSRP before that was a somewhat common practice.
s2000 was anticipated but it was the beginning of the internet era. I'd say the first CTR in the US was hyped.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Not sure what your problem is dude. All I said was Honda needs to hurry up, and that the car is losing its luster. I didn't say Honda failed on their promise. It's Fall now, so all I was griping about was for them to hurry to give us some info. Pricing, expected date of allocations, something. My local dealers aren't taking deposits so I'd like to avoid missing out on the exact day and time they get their allocations and lose the car to someone who hasn't even though about it for more than a day. As for the car losing its luster, it is TO ME. We saw what this car would look like over a year ago, so yes, I feel that way. How you feel is your problem. I can voice my frustration how I please.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
It was a great day at work...

My thing is... if you speak bullshit and I know it to be bullshit. I'll call it out... for better or worse I'm that guy. I would want someone else to do the same. I don't know any of you but I'll help all of you. So why on earth would I sit idle and watch that BS take shape.

Honda hasn't screwed it up. I understand it's a Type R to you but I have customer's that are super excited about the new CR-V or Pilot and could not give a damn about a Civic Type R. They also have forums and fans.

To be honest the biggest sickos I've ever had on a vehicle are Ridgeline owners. I pride myself on knowing my product. These people often tell me things I had no clue about or what is possible aftermarket wise within reason.

Anyway... talk shit. Get called out.
Side bar, I'm really trying to convince my folks to get a Ridgeline. they just moved back to Wisconsin and are jonsing to replace their Mazda 6 with something that has AWD. My dad also needs something that can tow a Miata so the Mazda crossovers are out. Mom also wants an SUV but a loaded Pilot is a bit out of their budget wants.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
Also production supply woes are huge right now as someone that works in automotive manufacturing. We are consistently having to shut down for not having the needed parts.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Pretty sure fall ends on December 20 as winter starts on December 21. I'm good with November 30 if that means the car gets here sooner though!

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Pretty sure fall ends on December 20 as winter starts on December 21. I'm good with November 30 if that means the car gets here sooner though!
Whooops. You are correct! Ffffuuuuuu

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Feb. 29, 2023

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Side bar, I'm really trying to convince my folks to get a Ridgeline. they just moved back to Wisconsin and are jonsing to replace their Mazda 6 with something that has AWD. My dad also needs something that can tow a Miata so the Mazda crossovers are out. Mom also wants an SUV but a loaded Pilot is a bit out of their budget wants.
Ridgeline is awesome. I mean it has flaws. The Infotainment is really dated. The wireless charger is worthless. Other than that I'm a big fan of it.

We get a good bit of Toy Taco guys who just don't want the Toy Taco ride anymore.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Ridgeline is awesome. I mean it has flaws. The Infotainment is really dated. The wireless charger is worthless. Other than that I'm a big fan of it.

We get a good bit of Toy Taco guys who just don't want the Toy Taco ride anymore.
Eh, as good as Honda is with cars I'd never recommend getting a truck from them. Stick American if you're looking for a truck!