• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

When do you think the Type-R will arrive?

• Total voters

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Honda needs to hurry the heck up. I'm sorry but this car is losing its luster by the day.
Sponsored

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Honda needs to hurry the heck up. I'm sorry but this car is losing its luster by the day.
Hardly. 99 out of 100 of us have yet to even see the car in person. I'll still be there on Day 1, should I get a call from my dealership letting me know that they have a car for me.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
I hope they start delivering these cars for you guys before snow season starts. I'd be ticked off if I had to drive my brand new car home in slush and salt. I picked up my 2021 during the first week of December and I was glad I was able to get it into the garage in time.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Nobody seems to be considering the very real scenario that dealers have these available to sell before the media drive embargo is lifted. Maybe it’s different with the CTR, but that definitely happened with the Si last year. I believe first drive videos were all posted 11/30 but deliveries were taken as early as 11/26. I got mine the first week of December.

Given the cars are here, we should be weeks away. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for mid-November.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Buy something else. No one cares...
I will. And if you think it’s normal to not know if you’re getting your car delivered in a week, month or year, and not even know the price, then you’re just a fanboy.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Well to be fair every manufacturer is having issues with this atm due to a recent shortage. I mean they seem to be doing their best, would you rather they rush production? At least we are going to see quite a few cars for 2023. if this was the GRC, I doubt any of us would be getting a car this year.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Well to be fair every manufacturer is having issues with this atm due to a recent shortage. I mean they seem to be doing their best, would you rather they rush production? At least we are going to see quite a few cars for 2023. if this was the GRC, I doubt any of us would be getting a car this year.
Would just be nice to know basic info such as price and when they’ll plan to start delivering cars. That’s all. I’m deciding between different cars and really want the CTR and am willing to wait but don’t want to lose out on other opportunities if I know that it will take months or even a year to get my allocation.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Well if you're not top 2 or 3 at your dealership, you're probably not getting one this year. And if you're in USA, price is something you have to negotiate with your dealership unfortunately.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I will. And if you think it’s normal to not know if you’re getting your car delivered in a week, month or year, and not even know the price, then you’re just a fanboy.
A fan boy? A week, month or a year?

Honda told you...

"Pricing and additional details on the 2023 Civic Type R will be provided closer to launch this fall."

Everything looks like they are on track to honor to their words. Obviously you're excited. So are we all but get over yourself.

This is how Honda launches cars... I have plenty of experience on the matter.

Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
A fan boy? A week, month or a year?

Honda told you...

"Pricing and additional details on the 2023 Civic Type R will be provided closer to launch this fall."

Everything looks like they are on track to honor to their words. Obviously you're excited. So are we all but get over yourself.

This is how Honda launches cars... I have plenty of experience on the matter.
Its a fever pitch is all. Two weeks is going to be the longest two weeks. We are all jonesing.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Well if you're not top 2 or 3 at your dealership, you're probably not getting one this year. And if you're in USA, price is something you have to negotiate with your dealership unfortunately.
It will be interesting to see just how many are coming into the US.
I have heard Australia is getting as many as 700+ in the first allocation. Thats huge considering there were only around 1300 FK8s sold here between 2017-2021.
I know dealers are saying it will be a limited run as they convince you to pay your deposit, but do they really know?
Sponsored