• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R Release Date

2023 Type R Release Date - let’s make this fun

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Let’s hope…

1656299051926.gif
Looks like based off some previous leaks, the CR-V will be debuted before the Type R, and that doesn’t happen until July 12th. So maybe we are all wrong and it will be the latter part of July before we see a full reveal?
Sponsored

Last edited:

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Looks like based off some previous leaks, the CR-V will be debuted before the Type R, and that doesn’t happen until July 12th. So maybe we are all wrong and it will be the latter part of July before we see a full reveal?
Sadly I think youre right. This wait is excruciating. I've historically bought BMWs where the timelines were generally well known far in advance and I could easily lock in my allocation at MSRP knowing I could choose whatever options/colors I wanted when the time came. I hope this is worth it b/c I really want to get back into a more practical 4 door daily that is also still really fun to drive!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Sadly I think youre right. This wait is excruciating. I've historically bought BMWs where the timelines were generally well known far in advance and I could easily lock in my allocation at MSRP knowing I could choose whatever options/colors I wanted when the time came. I hope this is worth it b/c I really want to get back into a more practical 4 door daily that is also still really fun to drive!
Yeah, I hear ya. I’m still hopeful that will make for a late October - early November launch, for the lucky few that will snag the first wave of them.
Maybe, at the least, they will announce an official debut date at Mid-Ohio, so we at least know when it will happen.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I dunno this makes me think like we will see it out of camo…but probably not get full details yet.

11th Gen Honda Civic Type R Release Date 88DA768F-4A41-4EE3-904A-631B785E578F

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Who else will be disappointed if it still has that damn wrap on it this weekend?!?!? :banghead:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Toyota was doing the same exact thing for nearly a year with the GR Corolla. Except their camo shots were horrendous.

AWD and FWD aside, these two hot hatches are extremely comparable. Similar power and weight, too.

I very much look forward to owning both. Can’t wait.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Toyota was doing the same exact thing for nearly a year with the GR Corolla. Except their camo shots were horrendous.

AWD and FWD aside, these two hot hatches are extremely comparable. Similar power and weight, too.

I very much look forward to owning both. Can’t wait.
I will say, the GR Corolla did have some grainy photos etc, but I like that they did a lot of the same stuff Ford did, where they leaked Easter eggs, hidden in the photos… Honda, really didn’t do anything like that.
I don’t care what they said, this isn’t a prototype any longer. You don’t crash test a prototype.

Last edited:

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I think JP has its own timeline?
I dunno, would seem weird for Japan, for example, to come out and debut the new Type R, and then have it still in camo here in the US.
We’re talking about a global platform. Now, maybe different areas will have different allotments, or release dates, but I imagine when it officially unveils, it will be one big reveal for the world.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Honestly who cares at this point… it will b here when it is…

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Nothing officially announced anywhere I can find but HPJ just posted "Wednesday July 20th" #CivicTypeR

It's coming folks, but even if we do get the reveal...delivery will be a whole other story lol
Sponsored