• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R Release Date

2023 Type R Release Date - letā€™s make this fun

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
At this point the prototype is the production version just with that damn camo still on.
I doubt there will be any material changes between now and the official launch of the CTR later this year outside of maybe fine tuning of suspension settings or engine tuning. This is the car.
Not going to lie, out of the different preproduction camo wraps out there, idk why but the one on the CTR looks amazing lol. I honestly feel like because Im so used to it, the regulars colors on it wont look as good šŸ¤£
Sponsored

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Not going to lie, out of the different preproduction camo wraps out there, idk why but the one on the CTR looks amazing lol. I honestly feel like because Im so used to it, the regulars colors on it wont look as good šŸ¤£

Lol I donā€™t disagree with you, the wrap on this is definitely unique and actually looks good. They should offer the option to get the car in the camo wrap as a special edition. It would sell.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Lol I donā€™t disagree with you, the wrap on this is definitely unique and actually looks good. They should offer the option to get the car in the camo wrap as a special edition. It would sell.
It is pretty sweet. Only drawback is you cant really make out the body lines (purpose of the camo). Mentally ive gone from first wanting white then red, then gray, now iā€™m hoping for blue. I donā€™t know whats wrong with me. Anything but black though.

Last edited:

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Mentally ive gone from first wanting white then red, then gray, now iā€™m hoping for blue. I donā€™t know whats wrong with me. Anything but black though.
I have gone through the exact same struggle lol except I donā€™t like the primer gray we are seeing on cars now, they need to bring back PMM. I hope we see some different colour options. I for one would be all in on a British racing green CTR!

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
On a side note with what Honda is doing to us I now understand how my kids feel when they ask if they can have some toy they saw on a tv commercial and I say maybe. When I really mean no, but I am just stringing them along until they forget about itā€¦

Is that what your doing Honda? Donā€™t you dare pull a Subaru!

šŸ¤£
LOL

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Every dealer I spoke to (what do they know but...) has told me that they are expecting this vehicle to come in their lot next spring. My Bimmer's warranty is running out (until 03/23) and I'm a little worried tbh.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Every dealer I spoke to (what do they know but...) has told me that they are expecting this vehicle to come in their lot next spring. My Bimmer's warranty is running out (until 03/23) and I'm a little worried tbh.
I donā€™t doubt it a bit - itā€™s actually perfect timing for me but a loooong wait for all.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Getting info of September arrival to at least one dealer.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
if the cars start arriving in sept, I'll wait until late winter for the search. Dont' wanna drive my new car in the salt and snow.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
if the cars start arriving in sept, I'll wait until late winter for the search. Dont' wanna drive my new car in the salt and snow.
If you plan on winter driving it as some point anyways might not be a bad idea though. Not like you'll be able to floor it like crazy in the snow so it'll be a good time to get those break in miles done.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Itā€™s tough because you can plan another 6-8 months after your search before you ā€œmightā€ land one at a higher price. Personally if i take a winter delivery, Iā€™ll garage mine until late March.

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
Just talk to my sales manager...what honda told us so far as for dealers in Quebec...could be different in US is....

If everything goes as plan, dealers that sells 2000 + cars per year (Big dealers in quebec like us) will receive one TypeR in November or December (random color) we don't know what color we are going to receive...if someone wants a specific colors ,it wil be in Spring 2023..

Last edited:

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Just talk to my sales manager...what honda told us so far as for dealers in Quebec...could be different in US is....

If everything goes as plan, dealers that sells 2000 + cars per year (Big dealers in quebec) will receive one TypeR in November or December (random color) we don't know what color we are going to receive...if someone wants a specific colors ,it wil be in Spring 2023..

Engage 10K+ ADM.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I don't understand ?

If each dealer is going getting 1-2 for the first 6 months everyone of the will add a 10,000 or more dealer markup on them. If they are truly going to be that thin the mark ups will be way worse than the 10th gen way.
Sponsored