• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R Release Date

2023 Type R Release Date - let’s make this fun

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
They are being produced in Indiana so Id think domestic market first. With a mid summer release id expect late fall toward end of year delivery.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
mbaapk is right

all 11th gen Hatchback are produced in Greensburg, Indiana and all Sedan are in Alliston ,Ontario

Just heard this morning by my Honda director that Honda as put a hold on production for the Hatch.. if that is correct he said the R would only show up in spring Next year !!!!

Let's hope he is wrong...

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
mbaapk is right

all 11th gen Hatchback are produced in Greensburg, Indiana and all Sedan are in Alliston ,Ontario

Just heard this morning by my Honda director that Honda as put a hold on production for the Hatch.. if that is correct he said the R would only show up in spring Next year !!!!

They have done production pauses sporadically given the supply chain issues. This has not stopped overall production and Honda seems to have done a good job with procurement of chips/tech compared to other companies. The R will he this summer sometime - delivery may take longer. Supply chain issues will improve as we go so may be sooner than later.

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
mbaapk is right

Yes that is the case for non type r hatches. Did Honda say anything about producing the type r in the US? Maybe they'll keep the type r production in UK

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Yes that is the case for non type r hatches. Did Honda say anything about producing the type r in the US? Maybe they'll keep the type r production in UK
They confirmed last year that it is not being produced in the UK and the factory there has been shut down. Hatchbacks have been moved to Indiana.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
They have done production pauses sporadically given the supply chain issues. This has not stopped overall production and Honda seems to have done a good job with procurement of chips/tech compared to other companies. The R will he this summer sometime - delivery may take longer. Supply chain issues will improve as we go so may be sooner than later.
Wait, how do you know more than the other guy? You mean it will get officially revealed in the summer?

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Wait, how do you know more than the other guy? You mean it will get officially revealed in the summer?
That’s what was declared at the Suzuka PR. Unless Honda says otherwise its this summer. Everything else is hearsay….

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
At this point the prototype is the production version just with that damn camo still on.
I doubt there will be any material changes between now and the official launch of the CTR later this year outside of maybe fine tuning of suspension settings or engine tuning. This is the car.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
On a side note with what Honda is doing to us I now understand how my kids feel when they ask if they can have some toy they saw on a tv commercial and I say maybe. When I really mean no, but I am just stringing them along until they forget about it…

Is that what your doing Honda? Don’t you dare pull a Subaru!

🤣
Sponsored

Last edited: