• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Three average-sized Americans are not going to want to ride in the back of your Honda Civic. Problem solved. ;)
Yeah you say that now but when you're girls 3 fatass sea donkey friends climb in that bitch leaving the club one night you're going to wish you had kept the 2+2 seating.
Sponsored

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2018 Honda HB sport
If we have a 22 civic Si, can anyone tell me if I can swap out the back seats myself or without any additional cost? I'll only have an extra seat use once in a blue moon, so no serious weight concerns imho
I have fk8, and the regular sport hatch.. I was actually trying to switch the rear seat.. it is totally possible but... if any accident happen .. insurance can get decline. Because the car is not meant for 5 passenger.
It said it on the car door label

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
i just don't like that the plastic cover is only partial and doesnt cover the entire back of the front seats, cloth attracts lots of dust and pet hair and harder to clean. Not sure if there is an aftermarket plastic cover it can clip on to make it all a hard back, wasn't that the case for the fk8

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
i just don't like that the plastic cover is only partial and doesnt cover the entire back of the front seats, cloth attracts lots of dust and pet hair and harder to clean. Not sure if there is an aftermarket plastic cover it can clip on to make it all a hard back, wasn't that the case for the fk8
Cloth is easier to clean compared to scratches in the plastic. For me Iā€™m glad that itā€™s cloth.

OP
OP
11GenImUnsure

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Cloth is easier to clean compared to scratches in the plastic. For me Iā€™m glad that itā€™s cloth.
I think there's two schools of thought. Take for instance a kiddo scuffs the back of the cloth seat, whatever (inevitable) dirt from the bottom of their shoe is now embedded in the cloth. Meaning you have to sit and scrub at it for however long.

Kiddo scuffs the plastic, depending on the finish/hardness there may not even be any scratch, at worst, dirt falls on the carpet and is vacuumed up in minutes.

Plastic might actually be easier to clean!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Anyone have an FK8 and if so, any issues with dye transfer feom jeans to the seat material?

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Was never an issue when I had mine...

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Anyone have an FK8 and if so, any issues with dye transfer feom jeans to the seat material?
It depends on the quality of the jeans and dye used. Esp if the jeans are wet.

I've seen and have experienced dye transfer. Highly suggest using fabric protectors which guard against dye transfer.

GEON, Carpro, chemical guys, and scotchgaurd all make sprays and coatings to protect against this stuff. Also helps with stain protection etc. I'm OCD with car care if you can't tell lol.

Cheaper jeans tend to be the culprit based on my experience.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
I think there's two schools of thought. Take for instance a kiddo scuffs the back of the cloth seat, whatever (inevitable) dirt from the bottom of their shoe is now embedded in the cloth. Meaning you have to sit and scrub at it for however long.

Kiddo scuffs the plastic, depending on the finish/hardness there may not even be any scratch, at worst, dirt falls on the carpet and is vacuumed up in minutes.

Plastic might actually be easier to clean!
And, realistically, glossy plastic can be polished back to new, but matte plastic would be permanently scuffed.

Orveezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2020 Toyota Supra
We could only hope! But yah, this thread doesn't need to be highlighted as an above-the-fold story with a huge thumbnail. It's so trivial and something more important should take it's place.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
We could only hope! But yah, this thread doesn't need to be highlighted as an above-the-fold story with a huge thumbnail. It's so trivial and something more important should take it's place.
Trivial?

Bro I literally almost called all of the dealerships that have my name on the list and immediately canceled my order because of this šŸ˜‚
Sponsored