• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Weird dust pattern on driver’s door

GV27

First Name
Alon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 type r
11th Gen Honda Civic Weird dust pattern on driver’s door BA566838-1CE3-4E68-985C-795B7A2DE9E4

11th Gen Honda Civic Weird dust pattern on driver’s door 1958A99D-09DA-42EF-8699-3B2DB68DAEB2

Anyone else getting this dust pattern on their fl5?

There must be some magnet there pulling brake dust onto the door. It’s right behind the front wheel air outlet, but only on the driver’s side.

First post BTW. Absolutely loving my boost blue fl5.
Sponsored

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Residue from suction cups when a PDR was done to the car (that you don't know about)?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Woah that’s spooky. I’ve never seen that before. And that looks like sgp not bb.

Last edited:
OP
OP

GV27

First Name
Alon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 type r
Residue from suction cups when a PDR was done to the car (that you don't know about)?
I got the car with 7 miles showing on the odo and the panel looks perfect. I had the entire car ppfed - could that have something to do with it? If it’s residue, it has to be on top of the ppf layer right?

OP
OP

GV27

First Name
Alon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 type r
Woah that’s spooky. I’ve never seen that before. And that looks like sgp not bb.
That’s just the lighting. It’s definitely bb:
11th Gen Honda Civic Weird dust pattern on driver’s door B2C02134-2C1C-4C42-BBD6-A9FB0715D776

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I got the car with 7 miles showing on the odo and the panel looks perfect. I had the entire car ppfed - could that have something to do with it? If it’s residue, it has to be on top of the ppf layer right?
A small dent can be pulled out and you'd never tell if it's done well. I could be wrong, it's just the thing that comes to mind from the picture - they remind of imprints from suctions cups.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Embrace the irregularities!

look at it as a tattoo.

Fl5#727

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic type r
That’s pretty wild. So it builds up in that area and you can wipe it off and it comes back after a bit of driving again? I’d take it to the PPF guys and see what they think. They probably will redo that door.

OP
OP

GV27

First Name
Alon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 type r
That’s pretty wild. So it builds up in that area and you can wipe it off and it comes back after a bit of driving again? I’d take it to the PPF guys and see what they think. They probably will redo that door.
Yes exactly. It wipes off easily and will show up again in no time. Third time I noticed it in the last week or so (I wiped it off each time).

I’ll have the ppf place check it out, as if it’s residue, it must be from the installation process. Maybe it’s just a matter of cleaning it thoroughly so no residue remains.

Pzb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
BA566838-1CE3-4E68-985C-795B7A2DE9E4.jpeg

1958A99D-09DA-42EF-8699-3B2DB68DAEB2.jpeg

Anyone else getting this dust pattern on their fl5?

There must be some magnet there pulling brake dust onto the door. It’s right behind the front wheel air outlet, but only on the driver’s side.

First post BTW. Absolutely loving my boost blue fl5.
If you think it’s a magnet, take a piece of metal and see if it pulls it to the door. Magnets are used in vehicles where attachments are not possible or as a method to fix issues.
Sponsored