• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
A poor man's S2000 if there ever was one!
I test drove a used S2000 two days before I bought the CTR and I wasn't as impressed with it like I was years ago when I almost bought one. To me the CTR is a much better car overall... and it should be being being a decade plus newer tech wise. I guess the only thing the S2000 has going for it is the old school N/A Vtec rear wheel drive feel.
Sponsored

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I test drove a used S2000 two days before I bought the CTR and I wasn't as impressed with it like I was years ago when I almost bought one. To me the CTR is a much better car overall... and it should be being being a decade plus newer tech wise. I guess the only thing the S2000 has going for it is the old school N/A Vtec rear wheel drive feel.
Nearly 25yrs newer tech...

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Nostalgia, it's said, is a hell of a drug. Past experiences tend to be more emotionally intense than they actually were at the time. I drove an S2000 for the first time in 2005, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed then. It's a fine car and I will eventually buy a well kept example, but the reality is the allure of the S2000 reached a fever pitch as time went on and not at inception.

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I keep looking at this tow hook thinking that there must be a better location for it....I've got a few ideas. I might try to rig one up myself.

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nostalgia, it's said, is a hell of a drug. Past experiences tend to be more emotionally intense than they actually were at the time. I drove an S2000 for the first time in 2005, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed then. It's a fine car and I will eventually buy a well kept example, but the reality is the allure of the S2000 reached a fever pitch as time went on and not at inception.
So true!
I had an Acura RSX type S back around 06, so comparatively, the S2000 was exciting to me, but I passed on a nice example to buy a Boxster S instead. At the time I didn't know Honda would end production, so I sort of regretted not buying it. Now I look at the type R as the S2000 that I missed.... but so much better in every way!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
So true!
I had an Acura RSX type S back around 06, so comparatively, the S2000 was exciting to me, but I passed on a nice example to buy a Boxster S instead. At the time I didn't know Honda would end production, so I sort of regretted not buying it. Now I look at the type R as the S2000 that I missed.... but so much better in every way!
Very nice! I had a 2005 RSX Type S. I enjoyed that car immensely. The tuner scene was incredible back then. Were you on CRSX?

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
My 2 year old son left me no choice but to further fortify the FL5. Putting on the Dream rear seat covers took some time but itā€™s no different than putting on fitted sheets on a mattress.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1719

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1720

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1721

Between the rear seat covers and the tux mats, Iā€™m ready to throw a pool party.

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice! I had a 2005 RSX Type S. I enjoyed that car immensely. The tuner scene was incredible back then. Were you on CRSX?
I browsed there but never was too active, I was more into sport bikes at the time. The RSX was a great car though and it kept running better and better. I finally sold it at 216K miles, but never a problem with it, not even a clutch. I read reviews on intakes and exhausts so put an Injen on there and a Summit racing turbo muffler ... the car responded well to simple mods like that! Great shifter, even back then! Look at those skinny tires. I miss my sunroof :(
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? P1010004.JPG

Brittania

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Camry, 2024 FL5
Finally put in the ALPLUS Aero Guards (aluminium but was tempted by the carbon). Definitely worth it in Aus with plenty of poorly sealed roads sending rocks through the vents. I like the look of them too.

IMG_5071.jpg
IMG_5072.jpg
These, or at least something similar, are a must have. My FL5 is my nice weather car and I'm still amazed at how much stuff I find stuck in these things. I bought some rally armor mudflaps early on but am hoping these will keep me from having to use them. So far, so good.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
My 2 year old son left me no choice but to further fortify the FL5. Putting on the Dream rear seat covers took some time but itā€™s no different than putting on fitted sheets on a mattress.

IMG_1719.jpeg

IMG_1720.jpeg

IMG_1721.jpeg

Between the rear seat covers and the tux mats, Iā€™m ready to throw a pool party.
Very nice! I think I may have to pick the same up for my dog. Have you run across any rear door covers as well?

Shingo Shoji

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Championship White
These, or at least something similar, are a must have. My FL5 is my nice weather car and I'm still amazed at how much stuff I find stuck in these things. I bought some rally armor mudflaps early on but am hoping these will keep me from having to use them. So far, so good.
So true. I wish I had done it sooner. Iā€™ve two pretty bad stone chips from rocks flying through the fender vents.

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
Didnā€™t do anything really for the car today but drive it. Realized I didnā€™t have anything for basic maintenance washes going forward and ended up spending money on a pressure washer set up and some chemical supplies for its first spa day. šŸ˜Š

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Didnā€™t do anything really for the car today but drive it. Realized I didnā€™t have anything for basic maintenance washes going forward and ended up spending money on a pressure washer set up and some chemical supplies for its first spa day. šŸ˜Š
Wow just went all out huh!
Sponsored