• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HONDANB

First Name
JOHN DOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEEDED
No complaints. Easy to install
Sponsored

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Well I did it...
I sectioned a 17" piece of straight pipe from my FK8 exhaust and brought it to a muffler shop and deleted my resonator...it sounds so awesome now :) Considering ordering RV6 front pipe now...and probably will spend my $$$ on the Eventuri Intake when it releases now...not sure I need exhaust now...maybe modify exhaust tips (i.e. delete the 2-side exits for single exit)...but that might be next month when I have more time...this month will be one more Yosemite trip ! If any of you are near Yosemite National Park, go check it out! y'all won't be disappointed :)

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_5934

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_5935

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Well I did it...
I sectioned a 17" piece of straight pipe from my FK8 exhaust and brought it to a muffler shop and deleted my resonator...it sounds so awesome now :) Considering ordering RV6 front pipe now...and probably will spend my $$$ on the Eventuri Intake when it releases now...not sure I need exhaust now...maybe modify exhaust tips (i.e. delete the 2-side exits for single exit)...but that might be next month when I have more time...this month will be one more Yosemite trip ! If any of you are near Yosemite National Park, go check it out! y'all won't be disappointed :)

IMG_5934.jpg

IMG_5935.jpg
How do you make a post like this with no media? Where are the videos man?! ;) We need cold start, revving, cruising, WOT fly bys.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Installed the seat covers
20230522_173902.jpg
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but what covers are these and where’d you get them from?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you make a post like this with no media? Where are the videos man?! ;) We need cold start, revving, cruising, WOT fly bys.
correct sir :)
let me wait till some of the people in the house goes to work, than I'll do a cold start in the garage with few revvs :)

EDIT:
cold start sound clip with a few revvs...enjoy and be sure to turn on computer sound system.

EDIT: 6/13/2023
not exactly cold start...drove for a bit than parked for an hour or so:

Last edited:

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
Well I did it...

IMG_5934.jpg

IMG_5935.jpg
Very nice! I saw @tezzasaurusrex posted that they did the same thing a while ago, and I'm very interested in doing the large resonator delete as well. My only concern is how much louder it becomes inside the car. Is it noticeably much louder?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice! I saw @tezzasaurusrex posted that they did the same thing a while ago, and I'm very interested in doing the large resonator delete as well. My only concern is how much louder it becomes inside the car. Is it noticeably much louder?
noticeably louder but not irritating...it's actually pretty pleasant...no crackling...just deep rumble tone...I'll try to post a clip of cold start from parking lot when I have a chance.

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
Yup! And I love it! It's the perfect balance and brings out some characterful burbles that is missing on the stock exhaust system

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R BB #5515
Not an actual car mod but close enough! Just got these CF Key Fob covers from CarbonZone Poland and they look amazing.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_3462

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_3463

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
noticeably louder but not irritating...it's actually pretty pleasant...no crackling...just deep rumble tone...I'll try to post a clip of cold start from parking lot when I have a chance.
Thank you for providing the videos and commentary. Where in the rev range does it drone and how would you characterize the feedback?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for providing the videos and commentary. Where in the rev range does it drone and how would you characterize the feedback?
rpm range is 1500 - 3500...and barely any drone...no difference per butt dyno.
I love backing into a space now...you'll hear the rumble with every row/rev that's required to back into a space :) I hear all the blips now from auto rev match, and at WOT, you know you're on it now :) it's noticeably louder when you on the pedal.

it's not night and day difference, but it is definitely better than stock...let's just say, I'm confident if our FL5's came sounding like this, we will not complain :)

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Finally got around to removing the front plate and plugging the holes. Now need to replace the ppf for the rock chip (lower right) :banghead: but at least it saved the paint

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? Screenshot_20230611_222837_Gallery

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? Screenshot_20230611_222843_Gallery

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I've just ordered the JDM suede rear seat covers and will report back once they are installed. With this, my car will finally look cohesive and like its JDM and European counterparts (I already have the OEM suede steering wheel and shift boot).