• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

vote4anh

First Name
Anh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2R
Some simple children goods for the rear seat area if you have kids ;), I do not like stuff to move around and everything needs a place. I do not like mis-matching brands and always keep in the same systems if possible.

Diono makes great stuff and they happen to incorporate red stitching!

- Diono Travel Pal Back Seat Car Organize
- Diono Solana 2 XL 2022 Booster (The newest model, We have the Diono Monterey 5iST FixSafe High Back Booster Car Seat, but it's in the CRV and I wanted some more minimal in the FL5)
- Diono Super Mat Car Seat Protector (Not the full back protector, but the half one)

You can find it all on Amazon, sorry not part numbers :p Just got the Diono Pop-Up Trash Bin, Sadly it's just all black, no red stitching.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_7633.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Sent my center dash out to Overland Designs last Saturday and got it back yesterday afternoon. Super happy with the result and the very quick turnaround.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG20231116082239

Also installed some Suma side mirrors earlier this week.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I installed the Mugen window visor vent kit from King Motorsports today. I like the look, the quality is nice, and the 90's fanboy in me is excited to have a little something Mugen on the car... but the install is a bit of a nuisance.

First, the instructions are in some other language, not English--unbelievable, I know. (<- that's sarcasm, but instructions are truly in Japanese, so probably not useful here in the states)

After watching a few, I followed the install steps in this video (thank you, BuyYourBuild):

Other install videos opted to install the kit without the clips, using only the tape. I wanted to do it right and make it nice, so I used the clips. They're tricky. Once the clip is tucked into the rubber seal, you'll need to install this receiver piece inside the clip, and a tiny plastic thumbtack-type piece goes through the visor and into the receiver when it's all tucked in...

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_0346

These receivers are TINY, and they don't sit firmly in the clip. When they fall into the car through the open window while you're making adjustments, good luck finding them. I lost each one twice (4x total) when installing the first visor, and hunting them down was a chore. One landed on the seat, two got stuck in the seat rail, one ended up under the gas pedal.

I seemingly learned my lesson on the first door, and had no issues with the other three. Hopefully you'll have better luck.

I can't tell you how well they work or if they make the car any faster, it's raining today and I don't want to get the car wet.

( ^^ Take a minute, let the irony of that set in.)

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Some simple children goods for the rear seat area if you have kids ;), I do not like stuff to move around and everything needs a place. I do not like mis-matching brands and always keep in the same systems if possible.

Diono makes great stuff and they happen to incorporate red stitching!

- Diono Travel Pal Back Seat Car Organize
- Diono Solana 2 XL 2022 Booster (The newest model, We have the Diono Monterey 5iST FixSafe High Back Booster Car Seat, but it's in the CRV and I wanted some more minimal in the FL5)
- Diono Super Mat Car Seat Protector (Not the full back protector, but the half one)

You can find it all on Amazon, sorry not part numbers :p Just got the Diono Pop-Up Trash Bin, Sadly it's just all black, no red stitching.

IMG_7633.JPG
I have to get a new booster. Did you go with latch connect or seatbelt ? Also do you find the car seat protector actually helps ?

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Also do you find the car seat protector actually helps ?
YES! The only negative is my son says the fabric of the one I got is itchy on his legs so... yeah. I also got an "apron" for the front seatback because my son, no matter how many times I ask/tell/yell at him, pushes with his feet against it. At least he doesn't try and use the side skirt as a step after the first time.

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
YES! The only negative is my son says the fabric of the one I got is itchy on his legs so... yeah. I also got an "apron" for the front seatback because my son, no matter how many times I ask/tell/yell at him, pushes with his feet against it. At least he doesn't try and use the side skirt as a step after the first time.
The apron type thing for the seat back is a give in with kids. I made the mistake of not having one on my current ride but will be getting one now as my son is always kicking the seat back and uses it to get into his seat. He is about to turn 4 so I will be transitioning him into a booster seat like you have now soon and was wondering if having something under the actual booster helps or not .

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Wondering if having something under the actual booster helps or not .
Just do it--you won't regret it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096PFF9P8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RNZV64Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Signed,
Proud Owner of a 4.5-year-old

PS - The OEM illuminated door sills are a total waste of money, but I highly recommend you get something visual to go on the sills in the back so you can teach him that's what he needs to step "alllllll the way over" to get into/out of the car. I don't know how much weight it'd take to screw up the gloss black side skirts on this car, but probably less than a 4-year-old can offer. Also, TuxMats. I can't recommend them highly enough. They're 1,000% worth the cost.

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I love TuxMats! They are absolutely amazing. No other mat comes close to the coverage and durability of them. Highly highly highly recommend them to anyone.

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Also, Iā€™m curious to know. How many people here have installed the Unity Pedal Spacer. I installed mine last week and I think it is 100% necessary. I have no idea what Honda was thinking when they spaced the pedals so dang far apart.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Also, Iā€™m curious to know. How many people here have installed the Unity Pedal Spacer. I installed mine last week and I think it is 100% necessary. I have no idea what Honda was thinking when they spaced the pedals so dang far apart.
Unity spacer on my car as well. Street heel/toe is now easily doable without stomping the brake and completely contorting my foot (which seemed like the only way you could do it previously so just had rev match on until the spacer was installed). Now itā€™s a proper manual with all the fun/engagement that goes along with it

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Probably a safety thing with concerns about unintended acceleration.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
The apron type thing for the seat back is a give in with kids. I made the mistake of not having one on my current ride but will be getting one now as my son is always kicking the seat back and uses it to get into his seat. He is about to turn 4 so I will be transitioning him into a booster seat like you have now soon and was wondering if having something under the actual booster helps or not .
https://www.recaro-kids.com/products/car-seat-protector
I hang these at the back of the seats and another one under the child car seat. My son is only 2 and we donā€™t allow food in the car. I have no idea how long this will last.

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I have a 2 year old as well. I am thinking about having custom leather seats made for the backseats. Katzskin and other premade leather upholstery companies donā€™t make precut ones for the type R unfortunately šŸ˜­.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Put in this Spoon shift knob the other day. Had the same one back in 2001 in my Prelude. Amazing how Spoon still has not come out with a new shift knob after 20 years.
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1277

This ITS sits in the garage more than my CTR. I thought I donā€™t drive much.
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1276
Sponsored