• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatch 6AT
Last edited by a moderator:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Damn! Beat me to it. Cool little video. Kind of surprised they're teasing this early, since the reveal wasn't supposed to be until Spring...but that might be the official reveal/launch... this is just the prototype.

Here's a link to the C&D & motortrend articles about the reveal... they seem to think it'll look better than the 10th gen (remains to be seen) and noted oval exhaust outlets (no more hidden exhaust!?) It may be safe to assume the prototype will be either a touring/Si/or sport type trim level. Of what they showed of the new wheel designs, they look better than the current offerings on the 10th gens.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34646957/2022-honda-civic-teased/

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-honda-civic-sedan-prototype-concept-photos-video/

Last edited:

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Damn! Beat me to it. Cool little video. Kind of surprised they're teasing this early, since the reveal wasn't supposed to be until Spring...but that might be the official reveal/launch... this is just the prototype.

Here's a link to the C&D & motortrend articles about the reveal... they seem to think it'll look better than the 10th gen (remains to be seen) and noted oval exhaust outlets (no more hidden exhaust!?) It may be safe to assume the prototype will be either a touring/Si/or sport type trim level. Of what they showed of the new wheel designs, they look better than the current offerings on the 10th gens.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34646957/2022-honda-civic-teased/

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-honda-civic-sedan-prototype-concept-photos-video/
I imagine this will be the sport trim. Usually the prototypes are more akin to the sport models. More spy pics were seen and the exhaust were still hidden, so visible exhaust on the proto gives it away. I think this will be a much more attractive car than the patent photos suggested, at least in the sport sedan trim. I’m just eager to see if the hatchback will be revealed.

BostonCTR

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R 2013 Toyota Corolla
I just sold my 2019 Type R on Monday... if they offer a sport line variant of the next gen type R I'd probably buy it. I think the next gen looks better than current gen based off the small sample they teased us with. Just hope they get the exhaust right this time around.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Almost done with all those "how I think the Type R would look like" renderings?

But then... let the 12th gen renderings begin...?‍♂

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2018 Nissan Rogue Sport, 2014 Tesla Model S85
that is very Acuraish look... till we see the whole car, can't say for sure if I like it or not

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Looks good, noticed day time running light look like the Elantras

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
well...it DOES look next gen, I can say least, but I need a full reveal, headlight and tail-light looking non-honda'ish, like Audi/bmw.

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GD3 Fit
It looks similar to the renderings. However it’s a prototype, which tend to be misleading because they always make it look how we would mod them. For example, the wheel pokes out beyond the fender and wheel gap is minimal. No way they do this on the production model, no matter the trim.

My guess is this will appeal to those who didn’t like the 10th gen and those who like the 10th gen will say this looks too boring.

JimmEEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mz3
Wow, looks great! If the hatch Si looks this good I'm trading!
I sure hope there is an Si Hatch for the 11th gen. Have they ever said there would be one?

Actually, the preview seems to confirm what the patent drawings indicated. I see few, if any differences.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.