• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
Canadian models had better 10th gen si's too, CANDM had touring LED headlights, USDM only had halogens until last couple model years.
It is all due to how the Canadian trim lineup works. Ours goes LX, EX, Sport, Touring, Si. So the Si gets all(most) of the trim/features from the Touring. And it costs less in converted dollars so you all are getting robbed. Especially where they are made in the same Canadian plant.

Better mechanic features is more valuable than convenient features.
I would argue both are valuable when you live in the great white north. Or if you are using the Si as a daily.
Sponsored

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
so, what you're saying is that we need to buy from CA? :hmm:
LOL! If only! It is funny that they are made here but you all can't have them. And there are policies in place between Honda America and Honda Canada to actively dissuade or stop it.

explodingGTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI
What's with the spec inconsistency?

Civic Touring - 180HP spec, 165HP at the wheels
Civic Si - 200HP spec, 220HP at the wheels

Why didn't they follow the same logic and advertise the SI at 240HP?

But this is great news, this explains why the car feels so damn good back to back with my GTI. I was expecting it to have like 180HP at the wheels.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Umm What????

I have a Touring and it indeed kicks in the V-Tech, yo. And at WOT. And such a happy sound I haven't heard in a long time.
Who are you gonna believe, this guys butt dyno or the guy with the actual dyno? The world may never know.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
I’ll admit I am happy to see Honda underrated the engine. In my 10th gen last night in freezing temps, I don’t think my backside would agree that being annoyed at taking away seat warmers and dual zone climate while paying significantly more money is petty.
Are they trying to say 220 wheel? Yeah I’ll wait for some other dyno sheets before I believe Honda underrated the car by 40 crank horsepower. That would be a real stroke of marketing genius. The Hondata dyno is known to be … um, generous and Doug is a hype man.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
What's with the spec inconsistency?

Civic Touring - 180HP spec, 165HP at the wheels
Civic Si - 200HP spec, 220HP at the wheels

Why didn't they follow the same logic and advertise the SI at 240HP?

But this is great news, this explains why the car feels so damn good back to back with my GTI. I was expecting it to have like 180HP at the wheels.
In the past Hondata numbers have been closer to crank, so possible it is 200 to the wheels. If that is the case I have no idea why Honda would not bump the numbers in the marketing. Or why the base car would come in so much lower. Will be curious to see sheets from some others on this.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Umm What????

I have a Touring and it indeed kicks in the V-Tech, yo. And at WOT. And such a happy sound I haven't heard in a long time.
lol you don't know what you are talking about and you don't know what VTEC is in these new generations...also that is Drob who knows more about these L15 engines than anybody else since he tunes them for a living

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
In the past Hondata numbers have been closer to crank,
Correct. Our dyno approximates crank horsepower. Doug is more of a data guy than a hype guy. I guess a degree in physics does that. However this comparison is between the 17 Si and the 22 Si:
On the same dyno (with 3000 other Honda dyno runs)
With the same inertial ramp of 500 RPM per second to reduce the effects of drivetrain inertia

Honda's advertised power figures differ from the dyno. For example, 15 years ago Hondata dynoed a base model 2.0 RSX, an 05 2.0 Si, and a 2.4 Honda Accord. All were rated by Honda at 160 HP. We measured respectively, 140, 150 and 160 HP.

Attachments

KIKUTWO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Golf R
Heated seats make my back sweat. If that's your jam then good for you. I think complaining about it being gone is silly, but hey I'm an old man who grew up on a farm working outside year around so some people ideas of what it takes to face adversity in life is different than others I guess. I also don't buy $5 coffee and keep my home's thermostat set at 65 in the winter. Some of us were born quite a bit tougher than others, and it shows these days in what I see as "complaints".
"Hot tip" you switch it off before it gets that hot.

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Correct. Our dyno approximates crank horsepower. Doug is more of a data guy than a hype guy. I guess a degree in physics does that. However this comparison is between the 17 Si and the 22 Si:
On the same dyno (with 3000 other Honda dyno runs)

For a car supposedly making 225bhp, it sure doesn't perform like it. According to reviews, the 11th gen is no faster and in fact, slower than the 10th gen. MT's Si only trapped 92.8mph which is not indicative of a car making 225bhp. I'm not saying the dyno is off, but if this car is indeed making 225bhp, there must be something else a foot because this car is way too slow for those numbers.

A 225BHP Si should be as fast as an LSJ Cobalt, power to weight would be identical as would torque and power curves. Yet the LSJ Cobalt does 5.9 0-60 and 14.4 @ 100mph. Wonder if Honda is cutting timing like Subaru did on the WRX for emissions or something. Either way, it doesn't add up imo.
Sponsored