• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

vtec_bhoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
My FK8 is keeping me going for now so even a 2023 release I'm cool with. I'm rather excited to say the least.

It will be better than the GR Corolla. (might be sailing close to the wind saying that)
Sponsored

us722

First Name
mu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e46 m3, van
Wait a min. Is this record with stripped interior? Didn’t FK8 achieve that record similarly?

Honda really need to pull a Toyota and listen to enthusiasts aka go AWD. What’s the point of this performance if it disappears in most scenario.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
just show the car already. Curated laptimes is nothing more than marketing. Besides, 99% of the buyers won't even get close to the laptime.

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Sport Touring / 18' Type R
What was the Suzuka time for the FK8 NON- Limited Edition?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda really need to pull a Toyota and listen to enthusiasts aka go AWD. What’s the point of this performance if it disappears in most scenario.
I personally don’t think they should go AWD. Honda does what they do, the byproduct of which is world’s best FWD platform. Unless you’re ok with a minimum 200-300 lbs of added weight, I say find another car with AWD that serves a different purpose. Like a GR Corolla.

vtec_bhoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Amazing how the internet always cries out for Honda to go AWD. Just as well the GR Corolla is here to dry those tears.

Genuine question, what "problems" would AWD solve in the context of an FK8 or this new CTR?

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
1649307407855.png

its in some decent company with its times.
Something is seriously wrong with the list or they aren't using standard manufacturer lap times. Alot of those cars are older and outdated. Really hard to believe that a stock 2015 Hellcat Charger and a 1967 Chevy Nova are faster 😂

Last edited:

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Amazing how the internet always cries out for Honda to go AWD. Just as well the GR Corolla is here to dry those tears.

Genuine question, what "problems" would AWD solve in the context of an FK8 or this new CTR?
I think people say AWD because alot of the other manufacturers use FWD-based AWD systems for their sports cars that are based on economy cars. (STi, Golf R, Eleantra N, Evo)

Personally I'd rather have it just be RWD because of the extra upkeep and additional weight of the AWD system but that would be sacrilege and not at all realistic.

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude

AWD will 'solve' the internet cry for faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Because the internet believes FWD has no benefits and everyone drives in snow/marshland. It doesn't understand FWD is how the CTR pulls away from a Golf R (maybe not the Mk8 with it's heavily under rated HP) on a track straight, it's 400 lbs lighter even though it's power rating is lower. Doesn't understand 400 lbs makes a difference in the cornering speed as well. As they see M3's and the like sitting at 3900 lbs and think anything lighter than that is lightweight.

us722

First Name
mu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e46 m3, van
I’m a Honda and FWD fanboy just like the next guy. However, FWD platform for a sports car which is no longer NA 4 cylinder (less power) is a mistake. Now we’re into serious sports car category and FWD means for any condition less than ideal it’s oversteer or torque steer. In RWD platform, less than ideal condition means tail happy smiles.

Look at well executed AWD platforms: Evo, Focus RS, STI (minus motor reliability). It’s performance in all climates and road conditions. GR Corolla isn’t even out and every dealer near me has 30+ deposits
 something about small motor turbo, fender flares, manual AND AWD!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m a Honda and FWD fanboy just like the next guy. However, FWD platform for a sports car which is no longer NA 4 cylinder (less power) is a mistake. Now we’re into serious sports car category and FWD means for any condition less than ideal it’s oversteer or torque steer. In RWD platform, less than ideal condition means tail happy smiles.

Look at well executed AWD platforms: Evo, Focus RS, STI (minus motor reliability). It’s performance in all climates and road conditions. GR Corolla isn’t even out and every dealer near me has 30+ deposits
 something about small motor turbo, fender flares, manual AND AWD!
New CTR will likely have as many deposits, if not more. GR Corolla is getting all the attention for now because the hype started 2 years ago when the GR Yaris came out in other parts of the world. But the GRC is roughly 400 lbs heavier than the GRY. If you’re expecting it to handle like a CTR, then you’re in for a disappointment.

Anyway, pros and cons to each drive. There’s no such thing as best. A lot of what folks complain about with FWD can be dialed out with a balanced chassis and a proper LSD. Enter the Type R.

If the new one remains around 3,000 lbs, then it’ll be incredibly lightweight compared to its rivals. So that’s its biggest advantage and no laughing matter. FWD has the least drivetrain loss and is easier to get to its handling limit. You just trail brake at corner entry, be patient in mid-corner, and unwind while feeding in power on exit. It also provides greater tactile feedback through the steering wheel.

AWD is heaviest of the three and has the most drivetrain loss. Its chassis is harder to balance in terms of front and rear weight distribution. It can dial out some of the heavier weight, but can never truly hide it. Physics.

RWD is arguably the most fun of the three, but also more difficult to master. Better overall load transfer vs FWD/AWD. And since it pushes (instead of pulling), it has more difficulty maneuvering in wet and snowy conditions.
Sponsored