• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
crash___

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
@Crash, cool video of the 1st and 2nd gen CTR's and thanks for posting.

One question and it centers around the curb weight of the FL5 as the Honda USA website lists the curb weight at 3,118# but recently Honda Auto News listed the FL5 curb weight of 3,188#.

Obviously power to weight ratio for any performance vehicle is paramount therefore wondering if you would be able to get to a CAT scale in your area and confirm the weight of your new FL5 with a full tank of fuel in it?

After taking delivery of my 2018 GT350R Base Model back in the day the first thing that I did was head to the nearest CAT scale and weighed it on a truck platform scale in both directions with the weight coming exactly the same at 3,620# for both scale weights.

Getting back to the curb weight of the FL5, I suggest that the weight of this new model will be the 3,188# and not the 3,118# as listed on the Honda USA website.

Thanks again for posting the video of the CW FK8 and FL5 models!
i’ll try if i do have time, very curious about that as well
Sponsored

OP
OP
crash___

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
Thanks for posting up your impressions! Very cool to hear the comments about the FL5. I am an FK8 owner and daily an 11th gen Si, FE1.
• The Bose system is a huge upgrade to the crappy system in the FK8.
• The higher final drive ratio of the FL5 might actually be better for acceleration. The FK8 is difficult to get going off the line. Tires do not like to hook-up. You need to baby it to get moving and not lose boost. Once moving though! I autocross my FK8 and launching is most challenging. Even with 19" wheels and RE71's.
• The 11th gen chassis Si is noticeably stiffer than the 10 gen FK8, so I'm guessing the FL5 is even better as it is stiffened more than an Si.
• The screen on the dash is actually nice. Less glare than the 10th gen with the angle on the screen. The 11th gen display is way more responsive and quicker to synch with my iPhone. I can be listening to Pandora or Spotify and still have Waze up for my map and speed trap notifications.

I like the FL5 and think it is an amazing car. I'll be sticking with my FK8 because of the silliness of the current market pricing.

Enjoy your FL5. You will always remember this car!
something that i will always repeat is that if you own an fk8, there is no need for an fl5 unless if you are head over heels on the styling, refinement, and tech. you have even less reason if your fk8 is modified. keep your fk8!

i agree with your comment on launching, the ps4s spin a lot when launching haha. i am making the plan to go 18s with a052s in the future, wondering how much of a difference that would make

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR - 2022 MDX Type S Advance
i’ll try if i do have time, very curious about that as well
If you can get that done sometime down the road I suggest that the curb scale weight with a full tank of fuel for your FL5 will be very close to the advertised 3,188#.

Recently filled my 2021 LE up with a fresh tank of gasoline and then headed to a CAT Scale and weighed it twice (both directions) on a CAT platform scale and on both occasions my scale weight came out exactly the same weight and was 3,060#.

Good luck getting your new FL5 weighed and looking forward to seeing your results soon!

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I appreciate your review and the time you took to share your impressions. Congratulations on your new ride! Be safe and have fun. Also, please share updates.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
@crash___,
were you able to fill more than 10 gallons in you tank when you gas light comes on?
My light came on when I got to work this morning, so I filled up to see, and only got 9.7 gallons.

OP
OP
crash___

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
@crash___,
were you able to fill more than 10 gallons in you tank when you gas light comes on?
My light came on when I got to work this morning, so I filled up to see, and only got 9.7 gallons.
i went up to around 10.1ish if i remember?

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
ok,
maybe a lot more on reserve when the gas light comes on...
Remember, listed capacity and actual level the gas pump can pull gas from the tank aren't the same. I'd say 11.8 average fill on a 12.4 tank is actually pushing it a bit from a fuel pump and a little bit gas tank sediment point of view. Just surprised if the light clicks on that late.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember, listed capacity and actual level the gas pump can pull gas from the tank aren't the same. I'd say 11.8 average fill on a 12.4 tank is actually pushing it a bit from a fuel pump and a little bit gas tank sediment point of view. Just surprised if the light clicks on that late.
I'm one of those that thinks the pumps are never accurate...like can't get 100% of water from one cup to another...there's always residual water stuck to side of cup due to surface tension. So even thought the pump shows 11.8 gallons, maybe only 11.4 or less actually made it into the tank...maybe?

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Usually about 2 gallons remaining when the light comes on (maybe a little less for smaller cars), so ~10 gallons right when the light comes on makes sense to me...

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
I'm one of those that thinks the pumps are never accurate...like can't get 100% of water from one cup to another...there's always residual water stuck to side of cup due to surface tension. So even thought the pump shows 11.8 gallons, maybe only 11.4 or less actually made it into the tank...maybe?
[shrug] There's an inline measurement device in the gas pump fuel line that's always at full capacity as there's no air in the gas line. Gas pumps are tested regularly (note the certification stickers on gas pumps) to show they're dispensing the indicated amount of fuel or more from some consumer protection agency. This isn't quite like trying to get 100% of liquid out of a container, this is simply measuring the amount that passes through a line as you're not emptying out the gas station's fuel tank trying to get the last drops.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually about 2 gallons remaining when the light comes on (maybe a little less for smaller cars), so ~10 gallons right when the light comes on makes sense to me...
o
[shrug] There's an inline measurement device in the gas pump fuel line that's always at full capacity as there's no air in the gas line. Gas pumps are tested regularly (note the certification stickers on gas pumps) to show they're dispensing the indicated amount of fuel or more from some consumer protection agency. This isn't quite like trying to get 100% of liquid out of a container, this is simply measuring the amount that passes through a line as you're not emptying out the gas station's fuel tank trying to get the last drops.
it also varies from station to station...some station fill up will be 11.xx, while fueling up at other station will show 12.xx...so unless I really drain the tank down to almost vapor, it's tough to get 12.xx into a 12.4 gallon tank. Probably a lot of factors contribute to the final fill up number we se at the pump. I'll just track the difference; usually 1/2 to 1 gallon difference...no biggie
Sponsored