• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
Damn. I guess the money for bespoke bumpers for the Si went to electrification Lol. No doubt it'll be an objectively better car overall, but with an extra 100 plus pounds with the same 1.5 liter, any increase in accelaration will be neglible at best. So far I'm disappointed.
Sponsored

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Nothing to write home about but all will be forgiven if Honda puts 250HP in it.

Newsflash… they won’t and neither will they do a hatchback version or give it a CVT. Give yer balls a tug.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just when you think Honda is done disappointing you
Fair but you have to give them credit for ditching the chrome trim, the fake bumper vents and not-so-great stereo (assuming Si gets a similar upgrade as the Touring).

popopopop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Si Sedan
I hated this at first, but it's growing on me. I wish it was a tad more aggressive, but there're pros/cons to that too. I'll have to testdrive both sport hatch and Si and go from there.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
If the new Si is not a hatch there’s no reason for me to move on from my 10th gen Si. Liking the HPD spoiler and the wheels though.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
So this is how the nose of the new Si would be looking like judging from what's revealed in the hatchback.

The larger grill area is definitely way better than the sedan, but I'm not sure why I have tropophobia on the grill design. I wish they make something similar to the lower bumper grill instead for the sake of matching in design.

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar img_exterior_03_s

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar 1624505053856

Last edited:

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So this is how the nose of the new Si would be looking like judging from what's revealed in the hatchback.

The larger grill area is definitely way better than the sedan, but I'm not sure why I have tropophobia on the grill design. I wish they make something similar to the lower bumper grill instead for the sake of matching in design.

img_exterior_03_sp.jpg

1624505053856.png
Agree the Si will prob use this grill and on the concerns. It’s a nice grill design but clashes with the lower opening.

The alleged 11th gen Si seems oddly conservative compared to 10th gen. I’d expect to see a more aggressive wing than the HPD, more aggressive rear bumper, etc. As it stands with the spy photo it looks like a sport with some HPD gear and a hatchbacks front end.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree the Si will prob use this grill and on the concerns. It’s a nice grill design but clashes with the lower opening.

The alleged 11th gen Si seems oddly conservative compared to 10th gen. I’d expect to see a more aggressive wing than the HPD, more aggressive rear bumper, etc. As it stands with the spy photo it looks like a sport with some HPD gear and a hatchbacks front end.
They are milking the Si sedan with the same 10th gen formula. A hatchback front end with Si emblem, a new decklid spoiler and an unique exhaust. To meet the price points, I guess they are not spending efforts on rear bumper cover.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
L15 - is pretty meh. Lots of people aren't a fan of the motor, myself included. It is/was a compromise and will be a disappointment if it ends up in the 11th. Knowing Honda, it is going to be the motor of the 11th gen SI.

Shit, they will probably increase the HP by 1 to advertise it as the most powerful SI ever made..

I don't see what the fuss is about different bumpers. Outside of the 9th, this really wasn't a thing. Well, the 8th had a different rear bumper (bigger exhaust cutout and bigger lower underhang), but most people wouldn't have noticed.

Best case scenario for the 11th SI IMO, the L15 gets a little more power and (hopefully) a better clutch from the factory. Any suspension, chasis, etc improvements will be eaten up by the 200+ lbs the car is going to put on compared to the 10th

So expect more of a side step than a step forward in performance (6th to 7th, 8th to 9th, etc)

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Waiting on J's and Varis to come out with their grille now

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I like what they did it’s just not enough. A rear defused to lessen the sea of gray below the red taillights would help, as well as some kind of lip spoiler. I wonder if Japan designed this?

I’m not buying another even longer sedan anyway but feel bad for those who want one.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
At this point i doubt we get another ICE Civic after this 11th gen...sad the SI will go out like this lol
Hate seeing all this end of ICE nonsense. You’ll see a lot of mild hybrids which still use the same ICE engines just add a tiny battery and electric alternator. Look at the Suzuki Swift Sport hybrid to get an idea of what the 12th gen will be like. The world is 2% electric cars, and 10% rolling blackouts - all this talk of all electric is just government wishful thinking based on some fantasy where we don’t need oil and rare earth minerals grow on trees.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Well I'm in agreement with the rest of you guys. It's either the ST Hatch, Type R, or keep the 10th gen. No other model measures up.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thailand is launching the new civic, and notice that the RS model has a slimmer decklid spoiler at the middle on top surface and bottom where it runs across the H emblem. I know it's hard to see from this picture, but both tips are not going all the way to the edge like the HPD.

The HPD spoiler, on the other hand, looks bulky and huge. This RS spoiler, potentially the Si sedan spoiler, is a nice touch to the trunk lid.

Thailand RS.
11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar 1628127030995

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar 1628128052529

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar 1628126806045

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar 1628126940383

HPD spoiler
11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar 1628124944854
Sponsored

Last edited: