• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
YAY!!!! Ground Clearance is back!!! (My bumper has had a rough 4 years because of winters and the roads where I live)

1620937543098.png
We do the opposite in the sunnier parts of the US. The first thing done to any new Civic is a mild drop and maybe a tasteful rear spoiler, nothing drastic

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Sedan Pricing Starts at $21,700 and Goes on Sale June 16! E4A892FA-D510-4137-979D-D5649290399C
Sponsored

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
We do the opposite in the sunnier parts of the US. The first thing done to any new Civic is a mild drop and maybe a tasteful rear spoiler, nothing drastic
HA!

We have the crazy stance bois around here too but definitely not in the winter and even in the summer, gotta be very choosy where you go.

The whole issue is down to these cars being FWD. My friend has a 2018 Camaro SS and it is about 4.1 inches and the GenX sedans are 4.25 once you put heavy dudes in it. He has no issue in locations where my Civic noses out VERY easy. That overhang of the nose forward of the wheels is the killer, ratio wise.

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
The Si got the upgraded sound system in the 10th gen. It’s not unlikely.
Did it? I have the 2020 Si and the subwoofer farts out at half volume on popular rap songs, it's not like I'm bumping some niche megabass music.
The sound quality and equalization is just generally terrible on any song at any volume.

You have to crank it up to hear anything at even low highway speeds due to all the road noise too.

civic5x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Type R, '16 Civic Sedan Touring, 2016 Land Rover LR4
my 2016 touring is still awesome. Best bang for the buck ever imo....

xTWISTED_WAYZx

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic touring
As a 2016 Touring owner, I have somewhat XI Touring envy...
  • Better sound system in theory (not saying much compared to 2016 sound system)
  • Wireless charging
  • Wireless CarPlay (!!)
  • Parking sensors
  • Paddle shifters
  • Homelink (!!)
  • Sunglass holder (!!)
  • USB ports in the back seat (!!)
Doubt I can justify an upgrade to the family but I might try.
This part is worth it :
  • Paddle shifters
  • Wireless charging
  • Wireless CarPlay (!!)
Im not to into Homelink though dont know much about it!
USB ports in back are a great thing as well. Sound system i dont have high hopes for. Unless they add the pre outs we needed so badly in 10th gens. you can find a way to justify the upgrade... I know i want to lol. I only have to justify it to myself though!

xTWISTED_WAYZx

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic touring
my 2016 touring is still awesome. Best bang for the buck ever imo....
The 17 touring i have was a fun car to drive and still is. I hate to think its getting old because i have not even crossed that bridge yet and i still feel like its new ?. I do want a new one tho

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Did it? I have the 2020 Si and the subwoofer farts out at half volume on popular rap songs, it's not like I'm bumping some niche megabass music.
The sound quality and equalization is just generally terrible on any song at any volume.

You have to crank it up to hear anything at even low highway speeds due to all the road noise too.
I think the Si is 400 watt and the Touring 600 watt if I remember. So you might see Bose in the Touring an upgraded no name stereo in the Si.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
This part is worth it :
  • Paddle shifters
  • Wireless charging
  • Wireless CarPlay (!!)
Im not to into Homelink though dont know much about it!
USB ports in back are a great thing as well. Sound system i dont have high hopes for. Unless they add the pre outs we needed so badly in 10th gens. you can find a way to justify the upgrade... I know i want to lol. I only have to justify it to myself though!
The Mazda Bose system has a DSP/amp under the passenger seat that accepts line level inputs from the head unit. Assuming Bose does something similar with the Civic then you could replace the DSP and add your own amp and speakers. I know that some Mazda Bose systems were upgraded this way.