• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic Si has matured with me

Kjcapps21

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Ordered my 2022 Si back in March and was able to finally pick it up in July. It was well worth the wait! This is my 2nd Si I've owned. The first was a 2014 Coupe. A little back story......

I loved that 2014 so much. It was my favorite car I've ever owned. I met my future wife about a month after I bought it. We had great memories in that car and drove it everywhere. About 4 years later we were about to have our 1st child. The question was should i trade it in to get something a little bigger and family oriented. Ultimately, we decided to keep it because my wife had a Nissan Rogue that we would use more for family stuff, and I could still get my daughter in my car whenever needed. 2 years later, daughter #2 was on the way. At this point, something needed to change. I decided to trade in my Si and got a crew cab Chevy Colorado truck. I thought having a truck would come in handy, and it being a crew cab would have plenty of room for my daughters.

Nothing against my Colorado. It was a good looking truck that never gave me any issues. However, the back seat was not near as big as i had thought, and I never used the bed of the truck near as much as I thought. I honestly missed having trunk space. I also just missed my Honda. I had my truck for 3 years, and after I saw the insane amount of money dealerships were giving people with used trucks, I started shopping around. I say shopping around, when actually I looked up the 2022 Civic Si and knew that is what i wanted.

After 5 months of waiting, my dealership called to tell me that it was here and I could come pick it up. No amount of videos, pics, or reviews that i had immersed myself in do this car justice. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the perfect car. After that first test drive, I couldn't believe how much better it drove than my 2014.

I had my 2014 when I was single. I am now in my 40's, married, with 2 beautiful daughters, and this car is my ultimate dad-mobile! It's still very sporty looking, but does have a hint of maturity to it now. I'm so happy to be back in the Si again.

I'm going to give a review of my first 1,500 miles coming up.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Si has matured with me civic
Sponsored

DominicHonda

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX, 2023 Honda HR-V EX-L
Great story, thank you for sharing

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
I'm curious to hear your comparison of your new Si to the 2014. I used to have a 2014 Civic Si sedan and regret selling it immensely, but haven't been convinced that these 1.5T engines quite live up to the Si plate.

OP
OP
Kjcapps21

Kjcapps21

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I'm curious to hear your comparison of your new Si to the 2014. I used to have a 2014 Civic Si sedan and regret selling it immensely, but haven't been convinced that these 1.5T engines quite live up to the Si plate.
So even though the previous generation had a little more horsepower than this 2022, my 2014 had around the same horsepower. I never drove a 10th generation Si, so i really can't compare to this one. All I know is, this one feels substantially quicker off the line than my 2014 did. The throttle response is so smooth and has seemed to get better as I've broken the car in.

All the reviews kept talking about how the shift throws are 10% shorter and I kept wondering if I would really notice that. It really does make a difference as the gears just snap in so quick.

Side note: I didn't know how i would feel about the auto rev matching, but admittingly it does it better than I could ever do it by heel toeing. It's actually really satisfying for the RPMs to kick up when downshifting and makes a perfect downshift.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Looks great and a nice story. The new Si is so practical with the 4 doors , lots of rear room and a big trunk. Fuel economy is fantastic, the engine torque and short gearing makes it feel like no other NA Si , I think it puts more power to the wheels than past Si's too, despite the numbers. It is so easy to drive, and no other Si of the past handles like this car does. It is a serious upgrade to past Hondas IMO.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Great story. Similar to mine and probably a lot of guys here.... coupe to sedan, or in my case hatchback. I know these 1.5's don't have the same character, but with even a modest tune, the power and pull of the turbo will make you forget all about those classic si engines.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Same. I had an ‘08 coupe with the K20Z3 and found the engine to be the highlight. I was disappointed when Honda went to the K24 with the 9th gen, to say nothing of the 1.5T in the 10th and 11th. Nothing against them; I just love the old school, high-revving Honda engines that I grew up with.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Same. I had an ‘08 coupe with the K20Z3 and found the engine to be the highlight. I was disappointed when Honda went to the K24 with the 9th gen, to say nothing of the 1.5T in the 10th and 11th. Nothing against them; I just love the old school, high-revving Honda engines that I grew up with.
I just wish the Civic Si had a more unique engine compared to the rest of the regular civic line up. The little 20hp bump up from a run of the mill sport/touring civic is hard to stomach on paper haha. Glad to hear it still drives great though. Still holding out for more details on the FL5 though

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Yeah my feeling as well, my last Honda revved to 9000 rpms, and I've had many revving to 8400, and 8000. This 1.5 L motor should rev to 7000+ easily, but for some reason they don't make power that high. The saving grace is that it makes more torque than any other Honda I've owned. The gearing of the Si tranny and diff adds a pretty good boost in torque multiplication that you don't see on paper or even on dyno's, and the LSD is fantastic.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Great story and similar to mine. I originally had a '97 Integra GSR, 7th generation Accord (5 speed), then bought a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7. The Jeep was comfortable and made all of the right noises, but fuel economy was so-so and I missed the handling of my previous Hondas. When I saw the 11th gen civic and specifically the Si coming out, I immediately sold my Jeep and contacted several dealerships. I took delivery of my Si in December of last year and have been smitten with the practicality, handling and fuel economy. I have two boys and they both ride in comfort. The shifter really is one of the highlights of the car and although I miss the high revving B18C1, I love the torque of the turbo L15. My old Integra was a dog below 4000 rpm-especially in the summer heat. I'm a few months shy of being 50 and feel the new Civic retains a lot of the old Honda DNA-light, nimble, practical and fun to drive. I hope to have it for a long time. Oh, a mild tune really wakes the engine up.
-Jamie

small

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2013 Subaru WRX STI
Great story and similar to mine. I originally had a '97 Integra GSR, 7th generation Accord (5 speed), then bought a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7. The Jeep was comfortable and made all of the right noises, but fuel economy was so-so and I missed the handling of my previous Hondas. When I saw the 11th gen civic and specifically the Si coming out, I immediately sold my Jeep and contacted several dealerships. I took delivery of my Si in December of last year and have been smitten with the practicality, handling and fuel economy. I have two boys and they both ride in comfort. The shifter really is one of the highlights of the car and although I miss the high revving B18C1, I love the torque of the turbo L15. My old Integra was a dog below 4000 rpm-especially in the summer heat. I'm a few months shy of being 50 and feel the new Civic retains a lot of the old Honda DNA-light, nimble, practical and fun to drive. I hope to have it for a long time. Oh, a mild tune really wakes the engine up.
-Jamie
what tune did you go for?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Ordered my 2022 Si back in March and was able to finally pick it up in July. It was well worth the wait! This is my 2nd Si I've owned. The first was a 2014 Coupe. A little back story......

I loved that 2014 so much. It was my favorite car I've ever owned. I met my future wife about a month after I bought it. We had great memories in that car and drove it everywhere. About 4 years later we were about to have our 1st child. The question was should i trade it in to get something a little bigger and family oriented. Ultimately, we decided to keep it because my wife had a Nissan Rogue that we would use more for family stuff, and I could still get my daughter in my car whenever needed. 2 years later, daughter #2 was on the way. At this point, something needed to change. I decided to trade in my Si and got a crew cab Chevy Colorado truck. I thought having a truck would come in handy, and it being a crew cab would have plenty of room for my daughters.

Nothing against my Colorado. It was a good looking truck that never gave me any issues. However, the back seat was not near as big as i had thought, and I never used the bed of the truck near as much as I thought. I honestly missed having trunk space. I also just missed my Honda. I had my truck for 3 years, and after I saw the insane amount of money dealerships were giving people with used trucks, I started shopping around. I say shopping around, when actually I looked up the 2022 Civic Si and knew that is what i wanted.

After 5 months of waiting, my dealership called to tell me that it was here and I could come pick it up. No amount of videos, pics, or reviews that i had immersed myself in do this car justice. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the perfect car. After that first test drive, I couldn't believe how much better it drove than my 2014.

I had my 2014 when I was single. I am now in my 40's, married, with 2 beautiful daughters, and this car is my ultimate dad-mobile! It's still very sporty looking, but does have a hint of maturity to it now. I'm so happy to be back in the Si again.

I'm going to give a review of my first 1,500 miles coming up.

civic.jpg
Yeah, I enjoyed the attention my 2020 Si got at school - one of the female teachers would fawn over it when I dropped off our two kids, and at summer camps the counselors liked it. Made my older son happy that his dad had a cool car (everyone else picks up their kids in SUVs and 7 seaters).

I also find that kids don't mind a stiff riding car - my wife didn't like sitting in the passenger seat but the kids never minded.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
I have a 2023 on order, should be ready next month. The constant "con" I'm seeing about these cars is that it's about 50 HP short of greatness. That said, many are commenting on how a simple tuner can make up for that power.

We just all need to keep in mind that this is a 4 door car under $30,000. It's not meant to be a sports car, or do 0-60 in 4 seconds. Civics are one of the most customizable cars on the market today.

With the noticeable jump in price on the type R, I think the SI will be more sought after than ever. 1\

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I have a 2023 on order, should be ready next month. The constant "con" I'm seeing about these cars is that it's about 50 HP short of greatness. That said, many are commenting on how a simple tuner can make up for that power.

We just all need to keep in mind that this is a 4 door car under $30,000. It's not meant to be a sports car, or do 0-60 in 4 seconds. Civics are one of the most customizable cars on the market today.

With the noticeable jump in price on the type R, I think the SI will be more sought after than ever. 1\
I think you will love it. I've had mine almost a year (December), and still love driving the car every day. I have since added the Two Step Performance Stage 1 tune with three map settings and it really has transformed the car. I usually keep it on Map 1 or 2 to preserve the clutch. I don't drive it like an **shole and it still nets around 35 mpg with mixed driving. The Type R is now a $50k+ car with all of the ADM and addons which effective puts that car in serious sports car territory. No thanks.
Sponsored