• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Wow only $60? Lmao what a steal. I thought that knob was for the FK8 though
I don’t think it’s model specific. That shift knob has been around for a loooong time. Probably around the DC2 era or even earlier.
Sponsored

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Bought mine a few weeks back for it, I put it in all my cars

The duracon material does not get cold or hot

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Fair to say that there aren’t any on-road reviews done by any journalists in the US yet? So we could see actual owner reviews popping up now before any full on-road press reviews are up?

OP
OP
JBO

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
Don't know as the posts I saw on Insta didn't say. Just mentioned November 1.

FL5JR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AW11
NZ pricing will be very close to Australia pricing . This will be very interesting!

OP
OP
JBO

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
I am expecting no news or not the news we want, because Honda.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Looked at all of them as soon as they hit of course. Observations:

1. Mixed reviews - mostly agreeing that it drives better.
Although Thomas from Throttle House seemed a bit unconvinced that the steering was better, and was not totally sold on the external looks or extra length, calling it an Accord.
Everyone appreciated the use of only functional aero bits and better cooling. Generally thumbs up on the interior based on comments. Not sure it will feel much faster. Which makes sense with a very small power bump.
I am relieved that the transmission works well - one early reviewer shifting it when parked had trouble finding fifth. Which apparently was a function of it being a pre-production model.
No grinding noted by reviewers on these test drives, so kudos for that. And the feel is supposedly more mechanical, less of a cable shift feel, all good.

2. A lot of pandering to the 'it's not as crazy (interesting) looking as the 10th gen' narrative. As if Honda had any trouble selling the 10th gen.
''The Type R needs to be even longer' - nobody.

3. Reviewers only got 6 lead-and-follow laps on a track, no street miles. Also they got to see how it drives with an F1 driver at the wheel. Telling remark is from Max Verstappen stating it understeers less. Sounds like the back end dynamics have changed. But does the front feel as good? Maybe not per one review.

More time and more reviews, especially a back to back FK8/FL5 test drive needed.

I can't wait for my test drive at a Honda dealer...in a parallel universe.

Last edited:

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I'm really hoping they didn't stiffen it up too much. The FK8 actually rode more comfortable than the normal 10th gen in Comfort mode thanks to better suspension. I'd like to get into something a little softer than my Veloster N ideally.

Gillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP FL5
I'm really hoping they didn't stiffen it up too much. The FK8 actually rode more comfortable than the normal 10th gen in Comfort mode thanks to better suspension. I'd like to get into something a little softer than my Veloster N ideally.
Crash said its pretty bumpy even in comfort so we'll have to see what others think when they get their cars.

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Civic Type R LE
Telling remark is from Max Verstappen stating it understeers less. Sounds like the back end dynamics have changed.
I had the chance to talk directly to the Australian driver who earlier this year set a FWD lap record in the FK8 LE and non LE at the Bend motorsport park. His comment was that the LE was more taily and a lot easier to rotate than the regular Type R but at the cost of stability and drivability for your average Joe.

The fact is you can't add over an inch of wheelbase, some extra weight, wider tyres and not affect how it drives. I suspect that road reviews will say it has lost some inherent agility in real world low speed corners that they've clawed back by making the rear a bit more loose.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I had the chance to talk directly to the Australian driver who earlier this year set a FWD lap record in the FK8 LE and non LE at the Bend motorsport park. His comment was that the LE was more taily and a lot easier to rotate than the regular Type R but at the cost of stability and drivability for your average Joe.

The fact is you can't add over an inch of wheelbase, some extra weight, wider tyres and not affect how it drives. I suspect that road reviews will say it has lost some inherent agility in real world low speed corners that they've clawed back by making the rear a bit more loose.
You nailed it.
Sponsored