• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Not sure why you guys need a comparison to new competition.
The FK8 has kept its crown for the entire duration of its lifetime.

The FL5 has a much improved interior and performance wise marginally improves also.
If you're hoping for a comparison to the GR Corolla - it's not available in the UK or EU market.

The lineup of cars he has chosen to compare against are hot hatch icons of the past, that's a VERY good sign.
The last Bastien and all that

OP
OP
JBO

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
Clarkson can go eat a bag of d1cks. Fat headed buffoon. Harris, despite the entertainment format of the show, is 10 times the motoring journalist Jeremy ever was, and 100 times better as a driver. When Chris talks, I listen. When Jeremy talks, I'm not watching, so thankfully I can't hear him.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Comparing the FL5 with old cars doesn't make any sense.
Is ToP gEaR in such a deep economic hole that they couldn't afford a FK8 for comparison? 😂
Cars like the 205 GTi basically invented the hot hatch genre. If the TG story is about the beginning and end of ICE hot hatches as we know it (and "coming full circle" or something), then it's a totally sensible comparison.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Clarkson can go eat a bag of d1cks. Fat headed buffoon. Harris, despite the entertainment format of the show, is 10 times the motoring journalist Jeremy ever was, and 100 times better as a driver. When Chris talks, I listen. When Jeremy talks, I'm not watching, so thankfully I can't hear him.
clarkson was great as were the other two, but the show wasn’t useful for car reviewing, especially later on.

Chris Harris is one Of my favorite reviewers, love that he shows up on Throttle House.😁

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Reactions: JBO

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8
I guess the pedal dance still works but that's stupid and unrealistic.
If as savagegeese says +R is stiffer than the LE then it will be pretty brutal, no getting away from that. But on a glass like track with Cup 2s it will give you the fastest times and take full advantage of the grip on offer. Running on a bumpy track? Dial it back to Sport or Comfort in the individual settings.
I'm writing about the FK8, but I expect the FL5 to be close given the similarities. Once the maintenance manual is leaked we'll have more information.

You indeed need to do the pedal dance (VSA maintenance mode) to turn off all assists in Sport and Comfort mode. The downside is that you lose the agile handling assist, which really changes the dynamics of the car. Trying to track this car in Comfort/Sports mode with assists on is frustrating, to say the least - the driver's control range are severely reduced compared to +R and the VSA kicks in all the time.

BTW the 2017 Nürburgring hot lap was completed in Comfort mode with the VSA in maintenance mode.

openeyesignal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 CRV
Just watched the Top Gear review, loved watching Chris get the car sideways for extended drifts. Not a very substantial review overall, he seemed to enjoy the car but I wonder what he'd say if he had more time with it.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
I really enjoyed Chris Harris reviewing it last night on TG. The 4 wheel drifts where epic, it also seemed to go well around his spoof B road.

Why are we still getting track reviews though, and no road reviews?!

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Rumor has it the blue FK8 in the Throttle House vid had an OTS Hondata tune on it anyone else hear this 🤨

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Rumor has it the blue FK8 in the Throttle House vid had an OTS Hondata tune on it anyone else hear this 🤨
I read in one of the FB groups. Someone suggested because they follow Hondata on instagram that it might have an OTS tune. To me that's foolish to make that claim without proof.
Sponsored