• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
What could they upgrade?
There's quite a bit they can improve upon. The car is well done in its current configuration so radical changes wouldn't be necessary. Any combination of the following would suffice:
  • Power - A modest bump to hp and tq (5-10 units)
  • Suspension - Fine tuning of the ADS, chassis bracing, steering, different spring rates, sway bars
  • Tires - Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect or Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R as standard tires
  • Wheels - Forged wheels that are lighter than the OEM wheels
  • Exhaust - Free(er) flowing exhaust system and one that sounds better
  • Aero - Redesigned rear wing, rear diffuser, and/or the addition of a carbon fiber front lip
  • Brakes - Cross drilled and/or slotted rotors
  • Transmission - Modified gear set
  • Weight Reduction - Many of the above items would acheive this objective. Removal of sound deadening material and other unnecessary items (i.e. rear wiper, tonneau cover, audio system, air conditioning, etc.) could shave off up to ~65 lbs.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
There's quite a bit they can improve upon. The car is well done in its current configuration so radical changes wouldn't be necessary. Any combination of the following would suffice:
  • Power - A modest bump to hp and tq (5-10 units)
  • Suspension - Fine tuning of the ADS, chassis bracing, steering, different spring rates, sway bars
  • Tires - Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect or Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R as standard tires
  • Wheels - Forged wheels that are lighter than the OEM wheels
  • Exhaust - Free(er) flowing exhaust system and one that sounds better
  • Aero - Redesigned rear wing, rear diffuser, and/or the addition of a carbon fiber front lip
  • Brakes - Cross drilled and/or slotted rotors
  • Transmission - Modified gear set
  • Weight Reduction - Many of the above items would acheive this objective. Removal of sound deadening material and other unnecessary items (i.e. rear wiper, tonneau cover, audio system, air conditioning, etc.) could shave off up to ~65 lbs.
I think the first and last can be done easily with low investment and probably have the greatest impact. I hope anything but yellow though, yuck on that. Maybe something more radical and different?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I think the first and last can be done easily with low investment and probably have the greatest impact. I hope anything but yellow though, yuck on that. Maybe something more radical and different?
Agree. I would toss wheels, tires and some aspects of suspension tuning (primarily ADS) in as well. Everything else may be a stretch considering the investment as you mentioned. I'm not in love with Phoenix Yellow either even though it's an iconic color. It would be nice if they offered them in two colors from previous Type Rs, Phoenix Yellow and either NH-583M - Vogue Silver Metallic or one of the blacks:

NH-592P Flamenco Black Pri Metallic Clearcoat
NH592P-3 Starlight Black Pearl
B-92P Nighthawk Black Pearl

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
If they make it I hope its epic and a little outside the box but tastefully adjusting the dna to a level that is obviously the alpha final stamp. A matte black, gunmetal - or give me the red civic camo lol.

For gosh sakes give the color a good name too like “Molten Elders” or something that says this is the culmination of 20+ years of dna.

edit - yes “molten elders” sounds like a magic card

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Was the purpose of the LE
These Spoon mockups look pretty cool in yellow but not something I would want to drive around in as I get older.
Agreed.

This is my daily driver and I like to go to car shows but I'm not the type to participate. I want to optimize the car for my comfort and enjoyment but beyond that... Well to each their own.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Was the purpose of the LE

Agreed.

This is my daily driver and I like to go to car shows but I'm not the type to participate. I want to optimize the car for my comfort and enjoyment but beyond that... Well to each their own.
You get an LE and you are participating if even from the parking lot!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
You get an LE and are participating, even from the parking lot!
Ooops!

That was not supposed to end up in my post. Since it has... I will elaborate on what was going through my mind.

What* is the purpose of the LE?

I genuinely don't know, and so I was asking... I think a quick thought was that it would be an attempt to recapture the NRing lap record. I don't know if that answer is correct or not, but...

Suppose that was the reason to create the LE. Then... Will they make an FL5 LE if they own the current record?

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
What* is the purpose of the LE?

I genuinely don't know, and so I was asking... I think a quick thought was that it would be an attempt to recapture the NRing lap record. I don't know if that answer is correct or not, but...

Suppose that was the reason to create the LE. Then... Will they make an FL5 LE if they own the current record?
Solid point. I guess bc we already gave Honda an arm and now they need a leg! 😂 I don’t even want to know what the markup will be smh

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Civic Type R LE
Thanks for sharing. These videos continue to show how capable this car is in stock form. Shocking how close the time is to the G80 M3 Comp.
They really have outdone themselves with each iteration from the original FK8 to the facelift to the LE to the FL5. Improvements in small areas that you didn't even think needed work.

What could they upgrade?
Cup 2s, forged wheels, recalibrate the ADS and adding lightness are a given. Not sure if a power jump would mean having to get emissions retested in some countries so that may not happen. Plus they'll sell every one they can make so why go too far?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
They really have outdone themselves with each iteration from the original FK8 to the facelift to the LE to the FL5. Improvements in small areas that you didn't even think needed work.

Cup 2s, forged wheels, recalibrate the ADS and adding lightness are a given. Not sure if a power jump would mean having to get emissions retested in some countries so that may not happen. Plus they'll sell every one they can make so why go too far?
Good call out on emissions.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

Those are kind of sad improvements given you can add forged wheels and cup 2s as accessories now. To me, power and weight savings would have to be the way.
Sponsored