• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Hyundai and performance vehicle manufacturer do not belong in the same sentence. 🤣 😂
I'd explain why you're wrong, but a slew of the best automotive journalists in the world have already been doing that since the inception of the Veloster N. A great car is a great car, regardless of whether your favorite auto manufacturer made it or not.
Sponsored

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
I'd explain why you're wrong, but a slew of the best automotive journalists in the world have already been doing that since the inception of the Veloster N. A great car is a great car, regardless of whether your favorite auto manufacturer made it or not.
Well… their GDI Theta engine seems not reliable to me…

everything else from Hyundai is pretty decent. The setting, design and even marketing. But as an owner of avante N from Korea last year, Id pick a car with stronger, liable heart anyday :)

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well… their GDI Theta engine seems not reliable to me…

everything else from Hyundai is pretty decent. The setting, design and even marketing. But as an owner of avante N from Korea from 2021, Id pick a car with stronger, liable heart anyday :)
Fair - I can't speak to reliability. I only had a day with the Veloster N press car. It was a great experience though - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

For what it's worth, there are many great performance cars out there with questionable reliability (some at the peak of what we consider to be "performance vehicles").

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
The camo car isn't full production, so following on from earlier threads I doubt any journalists have had a drive. I'm guessing this will be a global online unveil, shortly followed by the first few prod, or near prod models for journalists ahead of order books opening later in the year.

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
Hyundai has 2 "performance cars" in their lineup and all of a sudden they are a "performance" car manufacturer? 🤣
I'm sure the "N" line of cars are a hoot to drive, but Hyundai is far from a "performance" car manufacturer. They produce for the most part some halfway decent and reliable, but rather boring vehicles.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
you might hate them. but realistically their warranty to 100k isn't a horrible thing to have on any new car. also the kona n is pretty damn cool, nobody else is pumping out a nice little compact suv with nearly 300 hp and a dct for about $34k these days.

OP
OP
Midnight-VTEC

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Hyundai is doing some cool things these days, I just can’t get behind their styling though. Plus I worked for them many many many years ago before they made major changes to improve and still have a bias so for me it’s a non-starter no matter how good a car they make.

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Hyundai has 2 "performance cars" in their lineup and all of a sudden they are a "performance" car manufacturer? 🤣
I'm sure the "N" line of cars are a hoot to drive, but Hyundai is far from a "performance" car manufacturer. They produce for the most part some halfway decent and reliable, but rather boring vehicles.
As do all things in this world, change takes time. Since 2015 it has been quite clear that Hyundai is looking to a persona change/entry into the performance market of affordable vehicles.

Not to mention the joining of Albert Biermann, who had a hand in some of the car community's favorite M-series cars in the past years before his transition. Announcing his retirement late 2021, Biermann was responsible for not only the N-line's slew of new sport-oriented vehicles, but also for the Genesis line-up, including the likes of the GV70 as well as the G70 & Kia's production of the Stinger.

It's fair to say that Hyundai may not be a strictly performance-based manufacturer, but it may be wrong to downplay their efforts, especially with them being as new to this market as they are. Even more so as Biermann will remain as an influential voice to the brand's future projects.

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
you might hate them. but realistically their warranty to 100k isn't a horrible thing to have on any new car. also the kona n is pretty damn cool, nobody else is pumping out a nice little compact suv with nearly 300 hp and a dct for about $34k these days.
It's not that I hate them, just objected to the claim from a user who says they are a "performance" car manufacturer. When your company has over 10 different models (not to mention multiple trims of those models) and 2 of the many TRIMS are "performance" based, I'm sorry, but that doesn't qualify you as a "Performance" car manufacturer.
Don't know how much simpler I can elaborate on that. Funny how I make a fact based statement, and the other user makes an opinionated claim, yet my response is the one that is getting everyone's panties in a bunch. 🤣

As do all things in this world, change takes time. Since 2015 it has been quite clear that Hyundai is looking to a persona change/entry into the performance market of affordable vehicles.

Not to mention the joining of Albert Biermann, who had a hand in some of the car community's favorite M-series cars in the past years before his transition. Announcing his retirement late 2021, Biermann was responsible for not only the N-line's slew of new sport-oriented vehicles, but also for the Genesis line-up, including the likes of the GV70 as well as the G70 & Kia's production of the Stinger.

It's fair to say that Hyundai may not be a strictly performance-based manufacturer, but it may be wrong to downplay their efforts, especially with them being as new to this market as they are. Even more so as Biermann will remain as an influential voice to the brand's future projects.
Nobody is downplaying their effort my guy, I just said that they aren't a "performance" based manufacturer as the other user claimed they are. And candidly neither is Honda.
If you make more performance oriented models than non-performance models, than you are considered a performance-based manufacturer. I mean it doesn't get much more simpler than that.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
man, you sound really upset...nobody else is this involved. :confused:

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
I've owned a CTR and a Veloster N. I loved both cars and I miss them both.
N cars are not even close to what some of you might have experienced with older Hyundais.
But no, Hyundai is not the "New Honda" and Albert Biermann is not Tony Stark level genius.
They make good cars. Nothing more, nothing less.
I'm still pretty active on multiple Honda/Acura forums. How many Hyundai/Kia forums am I on? None.
It has more to do with their marketing and the fandom tho, I don't really have anything against their performance cars.

Now, let's get back to CTR full reveal.
Anything new?

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
For what it's worth, there are many great performance cars out there with questionable reliability (some at the peak of what we consider to be "performance vehicles").
Yep. The GT350 is one of them 😂

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. The GT350 is one of them 😂
I love the Voodoo engine. My time with the Mustang GT350 evoked images of a Ford-made Cayman. It definitely had its reliability issues though.

Last edited: