• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Judging by the area that the wing is mounted at it looks to be the same location as the HPD wing is mounted at. I’m guessing it’s possible to remove the the Type R wing or Honda might offer the wing as an option.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Official Teaser From Honda!! "Ready for Nurburgring Testing." 71ACCB1F-663E-4A1D-BE5E-163D5D3D15EA
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Anyone have any Sherlock skills and can see if the teaser car has 19 or 20 wheels?

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
7:30? Sounds like wishful dreaming
I highly doubt that
A lot has changed in 5 years. Theres so many nuisances that can make a car faster that engineers can play with. The new GT3 is 16 seconds faster than the last one, with identical weight and power figures. It got there with wider tracks, a longer wheelbase, more downforce, and a new tire compound. I think all of that will be applicable in this case.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Was looking online and it looks like the chassis for the regular Hatchback is FL1. Civic Type R would be FL2.

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Judging by the area that the wing is mounted at it looks to be the same location as the HPD wing is mounted at. I’m guessing it’s possible to remove the the Type R wing or Honda might offer the wing as an option.
71ACCB1F-663E-4A1D-BE5E-163D5D3D15EA.jpeg
tbh the option to have no wing or a severely toned down wing is the only way I would get a type r

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
All I have to say is we are so excited to get our hands on one of these bad boys.

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Civic Type R LE
It'll be 245/35/19 as sidewall is slightly thicker (white lines) compared to FK8 (inner lines) while maintaining the same tire diameter.
Also getting a 245/30/19 to meet the load requirements would be tough. My money is on 245/35/19 too. Got a set of PS4S in that size on FK2 rims. They are a perfect daily driver tyre but you do lose some sharpness on turn in.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Also getting a 245/30/19 to meet the load requirements would be tough. My money is on 245/35/19 too. Got a set of PS4S in that size on FK2 rims. They are a perfect daily driver tyre but you do lose some sharpness on turn in.
There's more to just the sidewall thickness that changes the handling sharpness. psi, different tire models have different stiffness, etc etc. all play a role.

These cars are driven on public roads 99% of the time. More sidewall means less chance of destroying the tires/wheels.

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
i beg to differ. Your opinion IS the popular opinion, haha! Imean as modest as the modest crowd wants this car to be over the gen X, the new wing looks even more ricey than the old one. At least the 10th gen wing looked OEM + (like subaru STi and Evo). it looked very high quality and meaty/substantial like a high class samurai's helmet crest. The new one has that very aftermarket looking scissor scaffolding going up the sides. and then leading to an underwhelming "down droop" wing. Its like someone took a stock 90s spoiler from a Ford Probe and put it up on ricer stilts.
Agreed completely and good I'm glad it's the popular opinion, I just say "unpopular" because I'm not sure how in places such as these where forums can be absolutely vicious sometimes what the publics perception of that wing is, glad to hear a lot of people agree. It definitely sucks, I hate it. I want the more connected wing like the 10th gen Type-R and WRX have, it's way better looking and more natural

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2018 Sentra SR Turbo, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 2009 Nismo 370Z
I didn’t read the 8 pages here, but Honda of Japan already said 400+HP and the rear motors from the NSX. I’m considering one for a daily and no mods if all the statements are true.

https://allaboutcarsph.com/2022-honda-civic-type-r/

I think the MSRP will be 45-50 range. USD

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Agreed completely and good I'm glad it's the popular opinion, I just say "unpopular" because I'm not sure how in places such as these where forums can be absolutely vicious sometimes what the publics perception of that wing is, glad to hear a lot of people agree. It definitely sucks, I hate it. I want the more connected wing like the 10th gen Type-R and WRX have, it's way better looking and more natural
Saying one's opinion is more popular doesn't make it so. This forum is actually quite civil and allows both sides to voice their opinions and members can agree to disagree on hot-button topics such as wing size and shape. :)

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
I didn’t read the 8 pages here, but Honda of Japan already said 400+HP and the rear motors from the NSX. I’m considering one for a daily and no mods if all the statements are true.

? this is wrong. As we already know it's not a hybrid as it's been stated it will have a manual..

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR

Obvi you didn't read considering the article was dated March 2021 LOL. It's now August and it's been discussed multiple times that the R won't have hybrid support.

Plus its Honda, the most we would see would be 355hp stock (coming from the MDXS and TLXS engines) on a 4cyl
Sponsored