• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Car like this who cares about comfort mode. I'd use it in the winter and maybe rainy days, otherwise it's in R mode or custom mode that's close to it
I'm sure I'm not the only one who will opt for "comfort" dampers on my custom setting. The roads out here are very bumpy.
Sponsored

Reactions: JBO

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
nope...if my dad decides to not take one, i'll sell one to someone on here for exactly what i end up paying for it
Sign me up for the BB one lol, I'm paying cash.

If he doesn't want it of course

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I'm sure I'm not the only one who will opt for "comfort" dampers on my custom setting. The roads out here are very bumpy.
Same. Commuting and long road trips will welcome the comfort setting.

Reactions: JBO

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I def felt the diff with golf r in comfort, but it's not like night and day. You won't get Lexus comfort :p I heard best out there is magneride but never had the chance to try.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I def felt the diff with golf r in comfort, but it's not like night and day. You won't get Lexus comfort :p I heard best out there is magneride but never had the chance to try.
too floaty in comfort in the gti, seems to flop around making corners if there is uneven surface. Normal is just about right. Sport can get bit bouncy on the freeway.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I’ve never had adjustable dampers. Is there actually a noticeable difference?
Depends on the car. My Veloster N in comfort mode is a little stiff but more than reasonable daily driver. In N mode it is bone rattling. I tend to drive it with most things as aggressive as possible except for the suspension because ATL roads are terrible. Never experienced it myself but a couple of FK8 reviews said that the comfort suspension setting was actually a better ride than the standard Civic because the FK8 just had better dampers.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
Boys, its a road car. I want to be able to drive it on the road and the roads where I live are bad. And it would be my daily to commute in and when driving to the coast for a surf. Going surfing I will drive the car harder as the roads on the way are good fun. But I have the GT4 for times when I want my hardcore experience - driving for driving's sake, rally events, track days, road trips etc. And I'm 52 years old. Comfort does start to play a factor as you get older. When I was in my 20s I didn't give a damn about ride quality I can assure you!

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Boys, its a road car. I want to be able to drive it on the road and the roads where I live are bad. And it would be my daily to commute in and when driving to the coast for a surf. Going surfing I will drive the car harder as the roads on the way are good fun. But I have the GT4 for times when I want my hardcore experience - driving for driving's sake, rally events, track days, road trips etc. And I'm 52 years old. Comfort does start to play a factor as you get older. When I was in my 20s I didn't give a damn about ride quality I can assure you!
Yeah same! My first car was stripped, caged, straight piped, slammed, etc.
Now I have the option of cruising in comfort, then tracking the car with the switch of a button!

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot
Why do some dealers know and some don’t? Neither of mine in the Midwest know anything….
Sponsored