• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Boys, its a road car. I want to be able to drive it on the road and the roads where I live are bad. And it would be my daily to commute in and when driving to the coast for a surf. Going surfing I will drive the car harder as the roads on the way are good fun. But I have the GT4 for times when I want my hardcore experience - driving for driving's sake, rally events, track days, road trips etc. And I'm 52 years old. Comfort does start to play a factor as you get older. When I was in my 20s I didn't give a damn about ride quality I can assure you!
You can always go down to 18in and put nice all season tyres for comfort :p
Sponsored

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Talked to two of my reps today. One told me that there wasnā€™t any news, the other showed me a screenshot of the dealerā€™s upcoming allocations, showing one Champ White (and only one) car on order (unfortunately, this dealer isnā€™t taking deposits; itā€™s truly luck of the draw). So I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on. Perhaps the ā€œNo Newsā€ dealers simply arenā€™t getting any in Batch #01?

encarnacionb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Integra
Talked to two of my reps today. One told me that there wasnā€™t any news, the other showed me a screenshot of the dealerā€™s upcoming allocations, showing one Champ White (and only one) car on order (unfortunately, this dealer isnā€™t taking deposits; itā€™s truly luck of the draw). So I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on. Perhaps the ā€œNo Newsā€ dealers simply arenā€™t getting any in Batch #01?
Part of me is guessing that if nothing is loaded to these dealers by Friday then those ā€œno newsā€ dealers didnā€™t make the cut for this first batch. Just a guess on my part. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
Nah, right now what looks like is happening is honda is slowly rolling out info for the CTR over the week hoping to be fully prepped for when it plans to do the official release...(friday?). Same as before, wait until Hondas announcements. I'm sure some dealers/GSM/reps have access to extracurricular information, but don't get discouraged from a few people making a few announcements about their status. We will all know soon I'm sure.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Why do some dealers know and some donā€™t? Neither of mine in the Midwest know anythingā€¦.
Iā€™m going to go with either your dealership isnā€™t doing there due diligence on the Type R or they know they are not getting one and are saying that they know nothing.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Every car is different...
Boys, its a road car. I want to be able to drive it on the road and the roads where I live are bad. And it would be my daily to commute in and when driving to the coast for a surf. Going surfing I will drive the car harder as the roads on the way are good fun. But I have the GT4 for times when I want my hardcore experience - driving for driving's sake, rally events, track days, road trips etc. And I'm 52 years old. Comfort does start to play a factor as you get older. When I was in my 20s I didn't give a damn about ride quality I can assure you!
I hope you get an FL5. I'll enjoy knowing what you think of it!

Reactions: JBO

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Part of me is guessing that if nothing is loaded to these dealers by Friday then those ā€œno newsā€ dealers didnā€™t make the cut for this first batch. Just a guess on my part. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
My ā€œNo Newsā€ rep soft-confirmed this very thought. He said allocations are direct from Honda (they can only be requested, not ordered) and that nothing in the system could mean they just arenā€™t getting one.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Why do some dealers know and some donā€™t? Neither of mine in the Midwest know anythingā€¦.
I think its just because theres a severe lack of communication between corporate Honda and dealerships. It doesn't seem to be a standardized process, dealerships are getting the news last minute out of nowhere

thecaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Here is the rate of FK8 sales at the start... take from it what you will.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/civic-type-r-us-sales-numbers-to-date.31040/

CTR.jpg
Iā€™m assuming this would imply a staggered rollout of the FL5 if it follows in the same suit as the FK8. If there are a little over 1K Honda dealerships in the USA, the FK8 followed a 2 month or so rolling out if we assume that each dealer in the USA had at least one person with a deposit and it sold immediately when it came in. There were obviously anomalies to this in 2017, but Iā€™m sure this is the general path we can expect for the FL5 unless Honda does something totally different.

Or everything I just said could be a pile of garbage and totally incorrect and Iā€™ll just go to bed.

WattUpD

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S
The owner of the local dealer just called me he is willing to sell me the first type R with 4K markup but I have to trade in my 19 CTR for 39k not sure if this deal is good. This is a Bay Area dealer
Sponsored