• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5

rocket29329

Banned
Banned
First Name
var
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
audi
Within the USA. Most likely they will arrive this week or by next weak. My salesman called transport company and they said most of them got off the rail and are now being loaded on to the trucks for local delivery. I asked why is ETA pending. She said they get several cars without eta unless it gets delayed a lot.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
That would be a nice surprise! Low key though I want to receive it no sooner than Feb end which is when the snow season here starts to give way for spring. Till then it would be a garage queen. Not that I'm complaining though, I'd be spending most of my day in the garage in that case lol.

(My guess is still Feb end or early March)

jashton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
That would be a nice surprise! Low key though I want to receive it no sooner than Feb end which is when the snow season here starts to give way for spring. Till then it would be a garage queen. Not that I'm complaining though, I'd be spending most of my day in the garage in that case lol.

(My guess is still Feb end or early March)
Did you find a car?

Curious, what’s the lowest markup you guys have seen that weren’t on a waitlist?

I’m in on mine at 6.5k over, but they are transporting the car 13 hours on a flatbed so it equates to around 5k over in my mind.

I will be surprised if I ever buy another new car in Florida given the pricing on anything here. Always have to go out of state now no matter the manufacturer.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Heyo
Did you find a car?

Curious, what’s the lowest markup you guys have seen that weren’t on a waitlist?
Patience, calling (and calling again) and a lot of luck paid off and I now have a deposit on a Championship White for $5k ADM. No required accessories. Just waiting for them to tell me when it hits the lot. Honestly I'm not gonna believe it until it's in my hands. I'm still worried the dealership is gonna try to screw me over at some point in this process.

Related, another dealer in the same state (that I passed on because they were charging $12k over ADM) texted me today to say their Type R is coming in. I'll try to get a date from them tomorrow, but that might mean they are hitting the east coast soon.

All that said, anyone got any bank/credit union suggestions for financing? I'm gonna hit up USAA later this week.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
All that said, anyone got any bank/credit union suggestions for financing? I'm gonna hit up USAA later this week.
I'd try tower federal credit union. I got my pre approval for 3.2% and the interest rate actually dropped down to 2.9% for enrolling in automatic payments

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I'd try tower federal credit union. I got my pre approval for 3.2% and the interest rate actually dropped down to 2.9% for enrolling in automatic payments
How was your experience with them? They have a TON of really bad reviews.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I’d look into financing through Honda. My local credit union was about 0.5% higher and I have top tier credit. The dealership usually gets a kickback if you do this so it helps with negotiation as well.

jashton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Heyo

Patience, calling (and calling again) and a lot of luck paid off and I now have a deposit on a Championship White for $5k ADM. No required accessories. Just waiting for them to tell me when it hits the lot. Honestly I'm not gonna believe it until it's in my hands. I'm still worried the dealership is gonna try to screw me over at some point in this process.

Related, another dealer in the same state (that I passed on because they were charging $12k over ADM) texted me today to say their Type R is coming in. I'll try to get a date from them tomorrow, but that might mean they are hitting the east coast soon.

Exactly, I called over 20 dealers that had Champ White. The next closest I could find was 8k over, I only tried to negotiate with dealers that were below 15k.

My dealer started at 12k so I was shocked they came down as far as they did. Them covering transport was big for me since it’s essentially a 5k over car, which was my number.

I figured I may be able eventually find one for a few grand less, but am happy to get the spec I want and not play any more games.

Hopefully my dealer comes through too, they haven’t been invoiced yet so I don’t have anything in writing besides via text and my deposit receipt.

Waspy24

First Name
Misael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Type R
Did any of yall drove their car down from another state and if so how far? My dealership said that they don't offer shipping.
I would have drive from Ohio to Texas.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I’d look into financing through Honda. My local credit union was about 0.5% higher and I have top tier credit. The dealership usually gets a kickback if you do this so it helps with negotiation as well.
I'll definitely run financing numbers through Honda to see what they have, but I'm gonna have something lined up that has cheap Late Model refinancing in case the Honda rate is bad. Figure I can take the Honda rate at the dealer to help with negotiations and immediately refinance with a credit union.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Did you find a car?

I’m in on mine at 6.5k over, but they are transporting the car 13 hours on a flatbed so it equates to around 5k over in my mind.

I will be surprised if I ever buy another new car in Florida given the pricing on anything here. Always have to go out of state now no matter the manufacturer.
Yes, I have found one in the spec I want. I've been seeing markups around 10-15k but mine's an outlier with a about 3.5k over of which 2k is the markup and 1.5k are the accessories (which are marked up as well lol). After calling 200+ dealers in the country since August 2022, my observation so far has been that smaller states are more likely to give you a lower markup, especially in areas where it snows and you see more Subarus than Civics. Hopefully everyone gets what they want at a reasonable price soon! Gn.
Sponsored