• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I wish they’d just spill the beans on an Integra Type S/R so I can go to my Acura dealer
I bet that's going to be a thing, where the Integra S gets added to people's lists because the type r is so hard to find at a reasonable price
Sponsored

Mmkk111

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
I bet that's going to be a thing, where the Integra S gets added to people's lists because the type r is so hard to find at a reasonable price
Agreed. I’m curious, if they go through with an ITS/ITR, will it have some sort of automatic option? And maybe a detuned 2.0 motor? Or will they go for broke and put the CTR 2.0 w/ a manual? I can live with a little less horse power in my 2.0, but I will only drive a manual 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not sure how this will go down. You can definitely see how they played that game with the Si vs Integra right now.

I’m just grateful we get to have choices here in the US. I may just have to pay stupid money to get this damn CTR 👎🏼, and I probably will cause I definitely do not want to be the guy taking pictures of them at Cars and Coffee meets because I was waiting for the “deal” 😏

Thanks a lot Covid!

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Hard to believe when 99% of dealers say they know nothing then one random says July was pushed to January. But who knows man. Someone has to be right eventually 😂
Called a bunch of the local dealers here and it was pretty much the same as everyone else. One actually called me back after speaking to the "sales director" and said that according to that guy they are expecting at least 2 by the end of the year. Hard to say if its true or not, because he could just be talking out his ass.

But they said they'd call me whenever a championship white one comes in so thats all I care about.

FL5 4WIN

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW Civic Type R, 2014 Track FRS
I did a thing ... ;-)
Ordered today, can hang on wall until the car comes in.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! FL5 CTR

Was going to go with my profile name FL5 4WIN but ended up preferring this one.
Wanted to register it before anyone else grabbed it, sorry any fellow Ontarians. They go quick in Ontario.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Yes, this was discussed in another thread. It's estimated that it would be ~330hp. They rate hp differently in Japan and thats the source material
Nice. And yeah I went and got my deposit in writing today. Should have done it earlier, as my pricing went from $2,000 to $5,000 over MSRP 😑. Hoping by some chance we’ll get a choice of color. Just not black 😅

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431 - Sold
It's already a thing. I just talked to a friend at Acura, and their waiting list for the Integra Type-S is 10 people

Terkoiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (CVT)
I did a thing ... ;-)
Ordered today, can hang on wall until the car comes in.
FL5 CTR.png

Was going to go with my profile name FL5 4WIN but ended up preferring this one.
Wanted to register it before anyone else grabbed it, sorry any fellow Ontarians. They go quick in Ontario.
Hahaha that's amazing! Can't wait to see a fellow FL5 here in ON on the road eventually. 🥲

Last edited:

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8, 89 civic si,FK8
Is that 326 hp US? Because I know in different countries the FK8 had different HP due to the gas they have.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Agreed. I’m curious, if they go through with an ITS/ITR, will it have some sort of automatic option? And maybe a detuned 2.0 motor? Or will they go for broke and put the CTR 2.0 w/ a manual? I can live with a little less horse power in my 2.0, but I will only drive a manual 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not sure how this will go down. You can definitely see how they played that game with the Si vs Integra right now.

I’m just grateful we get to have choices here in the US. I may just have to pay stupid money to get this damn CTR 👎🏼, and I probably will cause I definitely do not want to be the guy taking pictures of them at Cars and Coffee meets because I was waiting for the “deal” 😏

Thanks a lot Covid!
I could see them dropping the A-spec Integra manual option and making it exclusive to the Type-S whenever it launches. Or they de-tune the 2.0T and stick the accord 10-speed in it, who knows honestly.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Talked to 6 dealers today local to me (NJ) and everyone said they don't expect to get any till January at the earliest. One women mentioned honda originally planned for the end of July, but that its been pushed back till Jan.
Boy, talk about all over the place. Personally, I don’t think dealers know jack, and so most are playing it safe, by making vague claims, so as to not get caught in a lie. “Sometime by Spring” is probably easier on them, than being more specific. Either way, I’m sticking with late October / early November, as my guess.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Boy, talk about all over the place. Personally, I don’t think dealers know jack, and so most are playing it safe, by making vague claims, so as to not get caught in a lie. “Sometime by Spring” is probably easier on them, than being more specific. Either way, I’m sticking with late October / early November, as my guess.
Hi. Dealer here.

I have learned more about this car from this forum than I have from Honda. Don't get me wrong. If Honda told me something and said, don't tell. I wouldn't share it with anyone. However it isn't quite like that.

Each one or us know more than the dealers do.

Employees of dealers have access to an employee network. As soon as anything is on there it is leaked and you guys have the info. It's how everyone knew about the colors offered from a screenshot. It's how everyone knows what dealer invoice is. The information leaks as soon as it exists to dealers.

I don't know if I'll be able to order a Honda Odyssey next order let alone when the Type R will touch down on US soil for sale.

There are things I do know that the general public doesn't know and for whatever doesn't get leaked. So for example I know the next order on Civics will be for the '23 model year. Honda told us the last order would be the last allocation for '22.

If you tie that into production dates for '22 Honda Civic hatch backs going as far as mid September as far as US built/USDM. Then you get a idea that the earliest production in the US for '23 Civics are likely late September.

Now I don't know about vehicles made in Japan. (Which everyone seems to swear the Type R will be built exclusively in Japan... Supposedly a Honda guy in CA said that x plant is high volume and thus it doesn't make sense. That and the vehicles shown the other day in what seems to be US spec were built Japan) I think in this generation I've seen one Japanese made Honda Civic and I can't recall but I think it was a sedan and even that... I would t want you to hold me to.

We as dealers get dates. We know the car is built when the order has a VIN attached to it. Thr VIN is everything. No VIN.. the car doesn't exist.

Cars built in the US versus Mexico (HRV) or Japan take longer to arrive to their dealer.

Even a CRV is subject to delay.

The point is.. Dealers don't know about the Type R. You all know more than they do. I assure you.

Only people know more are dealer reps and even they can't tell me if my Pilot or whatever vehicle you choose will for sure be built on a certain day.

Last edited:

Mmkk111

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
It's already a thing. I just talked to a friend at Acura, and their waiting list for the Integra Type-S is 10 people
Interesting, I was just at my Acura dealer last week getting some warranty work on my MDX talking to err’body there and they have zero information on a Type S?

Now they are selling Integras for MSRP and a $980 accessory package. That’s it. Most 6-spd A-Spec/Tech’s are spoken for already, but they do have 2-3 in transit that are not. Same deal I got on my MDX Type S…which was the best gig going in my area out of 4 Acura dealers.

They only had 5 new cars on the lot! 5?! That’s crazy. They did have an apex blue/orchid 6-spd that had just been delivered (already spoken for), but they let me check it out. They look much better in person.

I’m holding off for the CTR, but if the ITS is close to the same level as the CTR and is revealed before I get the CTR…who knows, either one will fit nicely in my garage! I have a great relationship with my Acura dealer since I just dropped a crapton of 💰 on my MDX TS 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sponsored

Last edited: