• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

phillystyle17_si

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R,2023 Honda Civic Type R
So I check my dealer website everyday and it show in transit. This morning I checked it and it says In stock. They are closed on Sunday but they could have got it late Saturday and not called me yet. I hope this is for real.
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
So I check my dealer website everyday and it show in transit. This morning I checked it and it says In stock. They are closed on Sunday but they could have got it late Saturday and not called me yet. I hope this is for real.
Cars can will will drop without the dealer open.

kopite44

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
Hi guys, here is my story so far, I am from laval Quebec Canada , at the beginning of September I decided to talk to my local dealer about the fl5, he said to me I had to leave a 500 deposit to put me on the list, at that time was #8, now we arrive in November and this week I get a call from him, he say I have moved up to #6 but he has only been allocated 4 cars in the next 2 years😭 which ironically, I kinda don’t believe but ok. So he gave me 2 options

1: he give me my money back and no type r
2: he keep my money and we see in spring

I went with option 2 as I really want one

let me know if u have any info, just looking for a championship white

thanks
I think your local dealer is telling the truth. My dealership told me they only have 5 allocations confirmed for the next 3 years (!). 2 for 2023, 1 for 2024 and 2 for 2025. This is a high volume dealership in the GTA.

flhott

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord EX-L
Please keep us updated

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

It’s probably because a stock number has been assigned and they expect it soon. My dealer let me know there is port movement and hopefully see transit movement today / tomorrow.

encarnacionb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Integra

It’s probably because a stock number has been assigned and they expect it soon. My dealer let me know there is port movement and hopefully see transit movement today / tomorrow.
Did you have eta dates or a “pending”?

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912

Mine told me there was port movement on Friday. They seem confident it will be quick now. But, they are salesman lol

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MX-5, '96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing
Yea and then wait over a year
This ended up being it. So there was a '22 Blackwing, I went and saw it. It was fantastic but just wasn't the Blackwing I wanted. Dealer offered 67k OTD but I declined. I instead asked to get setup for a factory one exactly with the specs I wanted (e.g. manual). He said it'll probably be a year or more for the '23. That's fine.

But! He had one remaining '23 CT4-V (non-blackwing) on the lot and it ended up almost $10k cheaper OTD than Type R I was getting (which was 10k markup + mandatory accessories). I took it, paid cash + trade in and will trade it in for the Blackwing when it comes in; they hold value extremely well so as long as I don't fuck it up, I won't be out much especially getting a solid deal on it. Honestly, after test driving it, the regular CT4-V drives very nicely.

Then, to top it off, I "sold" my spot in line for CTR to someone else to net a profit on that. Basically, had them trade spots in line with me for a nice chunk of change.

So, looks like I'm out of the CTR game for now. There's a chance by the time the blackwing arrives I'm tired of the cadi and trade it in for (hopefully?) plentiful CTRs at that time.

Unrelated: saw an Escalade V, lol what a fucking monster. Thing looks like an RV.

Timmmmmm13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2014
This ended up being it. So there was a '22 Blackwing, I went and saw it. It was fantastic but just wasn't the Blackwing I wanted. Dealer offered 67k OTD but I declined. I instead asked to get setup for a factory one exactly with the specs I wanted (e.g. manual). He said it'll probably be a year or more for the '23. That's fine.

But! He had one remaining '23 CT4-V (non-blackwing) on the lot and it ended up almost $10k cheaper OTD than Type R I was getting (which was 10k markup + mandatory accessories). I took it, paid cash + trade in and will trade it in for the Blackwing when it comes in; they hold value extremely well so as long as I don't fuck it up, I won't be out much especially getting a solid deal on it. Honestly, after test driving it, the regular CT4-V drives very nicely.

Then, to top it off, I "sold" my spot in line for CTR to someone else to net a profit on that. Basically, had them trade spots in line with me for a nice chunk of change.

So, looks like I'm out of the CTR game for now. There's a chance by the time the blackwing arrives I'm tired of the cadi and trade it in for (hopefully?) plentiful CTRs at that time.

Unrelated: saw an Escalade V, lol what a fucking monster. Thing looks like an RV.
Dang I'm in a somewhat similar position maybe you guys can help sway me one way or the other. I'm testing a blackwing on Saturday. Found an MSRP dealer that is confident they can get me my barebones manual spec I'd want in a couple of months. So do I jump ship?
Option 1- type r at MSRP dealer with a 6 to 18 month wait, and 20k in the trunk.
Option 2- blackwing in a couple months no hassle.
Either one would be kept for 10 years at least.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Dang I'm in a somewhat similar position maybe you guys can help sway me one way or the other. I'm testing a blackwing on Saturday. Found an MSRP dealer that is confident they can get me my barebones manual spec I'd want in a couple of months. So do I jump ship?
Option 1- type r at MSRP dealer with a 6 to 18 month wait, and 20k in the trunk.
At 3,900 pds, stick with the R. Only downside is you dont know if 6-18 months is real.

Timmmmmm13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2014
At 3,900 pds, stick with the R. Only downside is you dont know if 6-18 months is real.
That's 100% it. Love the value and everything the R has to offer but I put my deposit down almost a year ago and the uncertainty/waiting sucks. I had to call 12 dealers and deal with wait-list nonsense. The mark up game is annoying. Whereas the first local Cadillac dealer called me back, asked what I wanted, offered MSRP, and scheduled a test drive. I always felt like Cadillac was a grandpa brand and now here they are offering one of the last few enthusiast oriented cars. I know I should just wait but I've been driving a boring but reliable Mazda 3 for 9 years. Crazy times. Rant over lol.
Happy hunting everyone!

Patch_San

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
That's 100% it. Love the value and everything the R has to offer but I put my deposit down almost a year ago and the uncertainty/waiting sucks. I had to call 12 dealers and deal with wait-list nonsense. The mark up game is annoying. Whereas the first local Cadillac dealer called me back, asked what I wanted, offered MSRP, and scheduled a test drive. I always felt like Cadillac was a grandpa brand and now here they are offering one of the last few enthusiast oriented cars. I know I should just wait but I've been driving a boring but reliable Mazda 3 for 9 years. Crazy times. Rant over lol.
Happy hunting everyone!
Yeah I don't blame you after my FK8 was literally stolen (white collar theft) I went around and around looking for the MK8 Golf R and was first in line with a 3K markup, but got tired of waiting for the car to come in(9 months). However, because of that I wouldn't even be in the place to have a deposit on this car, so I guess thanks VW for beating Honda to the markup game(again I mean cause I know FK8's in the beginning were bad the one I had was a 2019MY OMG a nob on the radio YES!!!!)Haha anyway yeah enjoy the Cadillac I've seen videos on the new Blackwing. (even the regular CT4-V looks like a damn beast :D )

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MX-5, '96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing
It's a tough call if you're getting both at MSRP. They are both great cars but the price difference between the two (at MSRP) is quite substantial. I think if you just want a fun to drive great car, just stick with an MSRP Type R, save yourself the ~20k. However, if you're seeing mark-ups on the Type R, like I was, then 100% the Blackwing. Even the CT4-V drives great and the blackwing is a step-up over that, while maintaining the Cadillac luxury features which -- while not important if you only care about driving -- are still fantastic, far better than Honda's.

The wait time though is also a factor. If you want a car now, or at least very soon, then I would get whichever you can sit in (assuming the price differential isn't a huge deal).

For my part, I was getting the CT4-V for cheaper than the Type R, on top of someone paying money to take my place in line. So, this car is easily a great deal for holding onto and can trade it in, whether that's in 2 month or a year, for almost entirely of its value back.

I'll note that if you care about interior space, then both fail spectacularly as neither is particularly roomy. Interestingly a lot of my friends thought the CT4-V was a CT5-V and were very confused when they saw that it wasn't nearly as large.
Sponsored