• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I got goosebumps when I first saw my car. I was completely blown away!😱

Trilly_Loomis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Passport
I think you missed the "at MSRP" part. 😁
I saw the MSRP part. It was still
Just so baffling to me. I refuse to make myself color blind so I’m looking at probably at minimum year wait for a CBP I’m on two lists at number 1 with deposits down but the chances either of those will be black are slim. So once they are allocated if I pass I’ll post here and continue doing the good type r lords work lol

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
I saw the MSRP part. It was still
Just so baffling to me. I refuse to make myself color blind so I’m looking at probably at minimum year wait for a CBP I’m on two lists at number 1 with deposits down but the chances either of those will be black are slim. So once they are allocated if I pass I’ll post here and continue doing the good type r lords work lol
If you find a deal you are willing to take, you might ask your sales rep to try to swap with another dealer... i didn't think they would be willing to do that with a car like this, but my sales rep offered twice before i found out my color (black was my 2nd choice so it worked out...and now that i've had it in person, black is my 1st choice, so i understand where you're coming from 👌).

there are so many people here who have said they would want almost anything BUT black (and those in the southern/hot sun states)... they may welcome a swap. before you pass... see if there's a chance for a dealer swap. i know it would lengthen the wait time, but better that than having to pass and start from scratch on your search.

Trilly_Loomis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Passport
If you find a deal you are willing to take, you might ask your sales rep to try to swap with another dealer... i didn't think they would be willing to do that with a car like this, but my sales rep offered twice before i found out my color (black was my 2nd choice so it worked out...and now that i've had it in person, black is my 1st choice, so i understand where you're coming from 👌).

there are so many people here who have said they would want almost anything BUT black (and those in the southern/hot sun states)... they may welcome a swap. before you pass... see if there's a chance for a dealer swap. i know it would lengthen the wait time, but better that than having to pass and start from scratch on your search.
Great advice! And also so jealous a fellow midwesterner got black! I’m in Chicago btw. I’m gonna have to PM you cuz my uncle has a 69 Camaro and your name just reminds me every time.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
Steven’s site is great for sure!

If you want to see data from crowd sourced markups (thanks to everyone who has contributed literally hundreds of reports), I suggest my personal site:

https://www.motoringobsession.com/stock/civic-type-r
🙌 Thank you, made keeping track of my calls so much easier! I was using the Honda inventory site before I found your map and within a month of calling about 100 dealerships I finally found my sonic grey CTR last week. They initially wanted $15k markup, after a week they called back for $7500, I negotiated them down further to $6250. Plus, I got a nice trade in for my ‘22 Si.

Keep digging guys, there’s dealerships out there willing to negotiate. You just gotta put in the groundwork if you really want one that bad.

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
🙌 Thank you, made keeping track of my calls so much easier! I was using the Honda inventory site before I found your map and within a month of calling about 100 dealerships I finally found my sonic grey CTR last week. They initially wanted $15k markup, after a week they called back for $7500, I negotiated them down further to $6250. Plus, I got a nice trade in for my ‘22 Si.

Keep digging guys, there’s dealerships out there willing to negotiate. You just gotta put in the groundwork if you really want one that bad.
Congrats TypeRGirl. Saw your many contributions to dealer reports on the east coast!

For those who think the ADM’s are inaccurate, I of course suggest you call every dealer and report in with the latest numbers into the site. No surprise, from the dealer’s vantage point, they believe they have one-shot to maximize their profit, and so are willing to start from a high price and work their way down to find the market equilibrium, so don’t lose hope. When these cars start sitting on lots, prices will inevitably come down with interest rates as high as they are.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
Congrats TypeRGirl. Saw your many contributions to dealer reports on the east coast!

For those who think the ADM’s are inaccurate, I of course suggest you call every dealer and report in with the latest numbers into the site. No surprise, from the dealer’s vantage point, they believe they have one-shot to maximize their profit, and so are willing to start from a high price and work their way down to find the market equilibrium, so don’t lose hope. When these cars start sitting on lots, prices will inevitably come down with interest rates as high as they are.
Heck yeah! I called in all across the map and took names to report back as best as I could. Even back tracked to dealerships with older reports to see if they came down on the price.

Still today after already having my Type R, I’ll update the map when a dealership reaches back out. It’s for the cause. These markups are ridiculous! Just hold out and be diligent, they’re coming down.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R

More ATL FL5s let's goooooooo!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
More ATL FL5s let's goooooooo!
Yes! I've yet to see one on the street. I was able to take an in person look at the Boost Blue Type R Curry Honda had at $15K over sticker back in December. Not sure what they ultimately sold it for.

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ GRC CE, 23’ Civic Si (Sold), 14’ Evo X GSR

Congrats on securing your Type R and thanks for your contributions on map! 💯

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
So... The Honda dealer that I've purchased 2 vehicles from in the past and gotten 2 referred customers/family is willing to drop the ADM from $15K to $5K after "making my case to the GM". Its not the color that I want (red/sgp), but $5K. Its only like day 3 of searching for an FL5. You guys think I can wait longer and score the color I prefer?

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
So... The Honda dealer that I've purchased 2 vehicles from in the past and gotten 2 referred customers/family is willing to drop the ADM from $15K to $5K after "making my case to the GM". Its not the color that I want (red/sgp), but $5K. Its only like day 3 of searching for an FL5. You guys think I can wait longer and score the color I prefer?
If you don't need it right now why not wait?
Sponsored