• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I used to vtec

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic SI
Oh, that's interesting. I'm talking to an AutoNation dealer and they were initially asking $15k. I would have immediately purchased if they were only asking $5k.
Just another reference point, but I also contacted a somewhat-local AutoNation dealer in TN after seeing someone else mention they capped the ADM at 5k. They were quoting me a 15k ADM and would not negotiate down.

Edit - Just to add, I've also reached out to probably ~20 dealers I have seen mentioned online where people have claimed to get their FL5 from MSRP to 5k ADM. Every single dealer has hit me back with a 15k+ ADM. I think a lot of dealers who sold low initially are now seeing what other dealers are getting and have stopped selling at the lower ADMs.

Last edited:

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ GRC CE, 23’ Civic Si (Sold), 14’ Evo X GSR
What wave of cars are we on now?

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Wave 3 is inbound now I think
Some dealers sitting on their wave 1 & 2 cars.
Yeah there are two nearby dealers that are still holding at $8k markup and the cars have been sitting for 3-4 months.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Just another reference point, but I also contacted a somewhat-local AutoNation dealer in TN after seeing someone else mention they capped the ADM at 5k. They were quoting me a 15k ADM and would not negotiate down.

Edit - Just to add, I've also reached out to probably ~20 dealers I have seen mentioned online where people have claimed to get their FL5 from MSRP to 5k ADM. Every single dealer has hit me back with a 15k+ ADM. I think a lot of dealers who sold low initially are now seeing what other dealers are getting and have stopped selling at the lower ADMs.
TRUTH! My dealer said that they were probably not going to sell as low for the next one. This is not going to ease up until Fall when the 2024s become a reality... assuming it eases up at all.

What i want to know is... where are all these manual xmission people coming from?? The dealers have systematically wiped out manual for over a decade "because there aren't enough customers to justify it." Well, either every stick driver in the country is trying to get this car... or, we gotta run out of drivers at some point. 😛 The manufacturers are pushing out a ton of great cars in this 'last hurrah' of this era -- not everyone wants the CTR. ...or do they?

Last edited:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, I think the CTR strikes the perfect balance of performance and practicality and esthetics AND some might be grabbing them for collectibility on top of all that…being probably the last ICE-only CTR. It’s really a great car for older and younger enthusiasts alike, whereas I’d say the FK8 was designed for people 30 yrs old and younger. The FL5 will be a classic (as will the FK8). Also, what’s kind of funny to me, is that younger people are getting more interested in manual trans. It’s similar to the resurgence in vinyl records. We have so much digital crap and touch screens everywhere, it has driven some to seek out analogue things. Mechanical stuff is fascinating to them.

But anyway, that’s my take. The FL5 is simply attracting a larger audience.

Last edited:

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Yeah, I think the CTR strikes the perfect balance of performance and practicality and esthetics AND some might be grabbing them for collectibility on top of all that…being probably the last ICE-only CTR. It’s really a great car for older and younger enthusiasts alike, whereas I’d say the FK8 was designed for people 30 yrs old and younger. The FL5 will be a classic (as will the FK8). Also, what’s kind of funny to me, is that younger people are getting more interested in manual trans. It’s similar to the resurgence in vinyl records. We have so much digital crap and touch screens everywhere, it has driven some to seek out analogue things. Mechanical stuff is fascinating to them.
Great analogy to the vinyl records! Yes, even before i got my CTR, when some zoomers i worked with saw me driving my manual CRV, they were excited and wanted me to teach them how to drive stick. I found that interesting.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Yeah there are two nearby dealers that are still holding at $8k markup and the cars have been sitting for 3-4 months.
where is this?

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
@TypeRD and @1971Camaro totally agree with your observation; Maine being a mostly retirement state I don't get a lot of stares and thumbs up from the experienced folk, but whenever someone my age sees the car they go crazy over it. Well we still owe guys from your generation to instil that sense of admiration for such cars; there's just a sense of occasion attached to such cars which we have been taught to appreciate by our elders. I say this because I have friends buying Teslas and swearing by them as well, but a simple check at the people who influenced them gives the whole story away. If elders in your circle aren't into cars that much or view them as simple means of transportation, chances are you'll end up with a Tesla haha. Good for people like us, helps reduce the waitlist 😜.
Sponsored