• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
What do you mean that they are not "available"? Are you saying they already have deposits? I have called multiple dealerships and so many of them are asking for 10-15k over and do not have anyone committed. Right now, the map is showing 382 vehicles, and in my area, about half are still available to anyone who wants to buy a honda at porsche prices.
That was my experience very recently when I reached out to about 50 dealerships between the East Coast and TX before finding a deal I was happy with. About half the cars were already pre-sold or in-transit with the dealer not releasing pricing info until the car arrived (to start bidding war with their client lists). The other half had either ridiculous options/accessory packages in the $12k+ range or had $10k-20k ADM.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
What do you mean that they are not "available"? Are you saying they already have deposits? I have called multiple dealerships and so many of them are asking for 10-15k over and do not have anyone committed. Right now, the map is showing 382 vehicles, and in my area, about half are still available to anyone who wants to buy a honda at porsche prices.
There are also a number of vehicles showing on Autotrader.com, Cars.com, or CarGurus, in transit or on the ground, that are "spoken for." I would view the data on any of those sites with a jaundiced eye. The list price information is almost always bogus as well. Most of the cars listed on those sites show MSRP. I think everyone here is smart enough to know those are not MSRP cars. And if the car is MSRP + dealer add ons, it's not MSRP.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Hey - As we talk numbers... have you guys looked at the Corolla GR map? Talk about inventory. :drive:

I know Toyota said the CGR wasn't a limited edition and would be manufactured in more mass-market numbers, but they've already produced a decent inventory. There are (as of 7/1) 412 GRs vs. CTR's 369. Out of curiosity, i started to look to see what prices they were asking, and saw that some not only had a price, but many of those were selling for 4-5k ADMs, and even some at msrp (those are, of course, crowd-sourced actual people calling and confirming prices on his maps).

I know most of you here are honda loyalists... but for anyone who might be interested in the corolla GR, the Circuit Editions for msrp-5k over with its AWD is a really nice car. I personally looked very hard at the CGR as my main alternative, and i know others have as well.

p.s -- it was the AWD that was so tempting for me... but the cargo and passenger space were what made the difference with the CTR. (Then emotionally, the interior of the CTR cinched it.) But, if i couldn't get my hands on a CTR, i would have gone for the GR, so i thought i would mention it.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
And...

Here is why i needed (and am so glad i got) the CTR. While taking passengers is critical, the cargo room is also a BIG deal for me.

This was just a normal weekend project...

cargo - hatch area.jpg

cargo - back seat.jpg
I can spot a TJ's bag a mile away!

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5
And...

Here is why i needed (and am so glad i got) the CTR. While taking passengers is critical, the cargo room is also a BIG deal for me [edit note - yes, i got the liners for the back].

This was just a normal weekend project...
Weekend baguettes.

MrHugo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA1
Just because they are showing up on your list does not mean they are available.....stop spreading false information.
You are correct. As mentioned, it is not accurate but just a measuring stick. The point is that we are heading into the right direction and that the number is up instead of down. If there are 307 cars on autotrader, there might only be 30 (10%) cars available. That is still an improvement from 25 (10%) available out of 250. Of course, you can argue that the available cars might be less even if the numbers on autotrader is higher without verifying but it is highly unlikely.

I have no idea how the next 2-3 years will play out, but if you are not in a hurry, I think waiting out and watch on the side line currently is advantageous because you can purchase a later model year.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
You are correct. As mentioned, it is not accurate but just a measuring stick. The point is that we are heading into the right direction and that the number is up instead of down. If there are 307 cars on autotrader, there might only be 30 (10%) cars available. That is still an improvement from 25 (10%) available out of 250. Of course, you can argue that the available cars might be less even if the numbers on autotrader is higher without verifying but it is highly unlikely.

I have no idea how the next 2-3 years will play out, but if you are not in a hurry, I think waiting out and watch on the side line currently is advantageous because you can purchase a later model year.
They are right on pace with their original estimate of 4500 cars for the US per year...so yeah, maybe as things die down they will get easier to come by. I don't recommend anyone paying 10k+ adm on any car, hopefully nothing more than 5k will be the norm in the future!

Last edited:

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Hey - As we talk numbers... have you guys looked at the Corolla GR map? Talk about inventory. :drive:

I know Toyota said the CGR wasn't a limited edition and would be manufactured in more mass-market numbers, but they've already produced a decent inventory. There are (as of 7/1) 412 GRs vs. CTR's 369. Out of curiosity, i started to look to see what prices they were asking, and saw that some not only had a price, but many of those were selling for 4-5k ADMs, and even some at msrp (those are, of course, crowd-sourced actual people calling and confirming prices on his maps).

I know most of you here are honda loyalists... but for anyone who might be interested in the corolla GR, the Circuit Editions for msrp-5k over with its AWD is a really nice car. I personally looked very hard at the CGR as my main alternative, and i know others have as well.

p.s -- it was the AWD that was so tempting for me... but the cargo and passenger space were what made the difference with the CTR. (Then emotionally, the interior of the CTR cinched it.) But, if i couldn't get my hands on a CTR, i would have gone for the GR, so i thought i would mention it.
Around here, Long Island NY, ADM on GR Corolla is $10k-$15k, similar to Type R. Market is still nuts here with $3k ADM on almost every normal car except for Dodge and Ford pickup trucks. Anything special like a GR Corolla, Type R, etc has $10k +.

Man the common folk have been completely screwed by crappy monetary policy by world leaders, scumbags taxed us all with 20% inflation

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
And are they any cheaper or same ADM as in prior months? I see Honda has decided to keep the Rallye Red uber-exclusive, insuring my purchase will be worth around six figures quite soon.

Last edited:

sashimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5
And are they any cheaper or same ADM as in prior months? I see Honda has decided to keep the Rallye Red uber-exclusive, insuring my purchase will be worth around six figures quite soon.
Do not understand why they don't make more red. It's a very good color for the type R, for a base civic obviously not. God damn it Honda

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Do not understand why they don't make more red. It's a very good color for the type R, for a base civic obviously not. God damn it Honda
@urbo73 specifically emailed Honda threatening them to not make any more red because he hopes to sell his car for 1 million dollars someday.
Sponsored