• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone Done Horns Yet?

CivicSportSGP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Mazda CX-5
I upgraded to the Euro Horn on my 23 Sport Touring, not sure if horn placement is any different compared to the Type R, but I used this video as a guide and didn't even need to remove the bumper.

Bit of a bump.

Out of curiosity, when you removed that metal piece under the top of the bumper cover, did you have to tourqe it down? Might be a dumb question.

I'm still debating on whether to go the OEM Euro Horns or a pair of PIAAs I had on my 10th gen.
Sponsored

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Bit of a bump.

Out of curiosity, when you removed that metal piece under the top of the bumper cover, did you have to tourqe it down? Might be a dumb question.

I'm still debating on whether to go the OEM Euro Horns or a pair of PIAAs I had on my 10th gen.
This piece?

11th Gen Honda Civic Anyone Done Horns Yet? 1713544300210-kv

Nothing torqued with a torque wrench or anything. I just hand tightened it until it was snug and did an additional quarter turn.

CivicSportSGP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Mazda CX-5
This piece?

1713544300210-kv.png

Nothing torqued with a torque wrench or anything. I just hand tightened it until it was snug and did an additional quarter turn.
Correct. Are the Euro horns louder than stock, or does it have a better tone?

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Correct. Are the Euro horns louder than stock, or does it have a better tone?
This link has clips showing the difference between the standard horns and the Euro Horn. I feel like the Euro Horn is definitely louder, but instead of what sounds like 2 high tones there is 1 low tone and 1 high tone, so its not the typical "meep" Honda horn sound.

GENUINE HONDA ACCESS EUROHORN

Also, if you do get the Euro Horn, make sure you use the bracket that comes with the kit for the horn that's at the bottom on the passenger side. Its a beefier bracket. I originally didn't have that installed and any time I started or turned off my car I can feel and hear it vibrate.

Last edited:

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
Interesting options.

I've been thinking of the VW Mk7, mine has great sounding horns ... more American car, loud and bold in nature. That's what I'm going for if I can find a wrecked part out.

CivicSportSGP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Mazda CX-5
This link has clips showing the difference between the standard horns and the Euro Horn. I feel like the Euro Horn is definitely louder, but instead of what sounds like 2 high tones there is 1 low tone and 1 high tone, so its not the typical "meep" Honda horn sound.

GENUINE HONDA ACCESS EUROHORN

Also, if you do get the Euro Horn, make sure you use the bracket that comes with the kit for the horn that's at the bottom on the passenger side. Its a beefier bracket. I originally didn't have that installed and any time I started or turned off my car I can feel and hear it vibrate.
Just out of curiosity, did you install the low or high town on the lower position? The kit came with a bunch of parts and no instructions.
11th Gen Honda Civic Anyone Done Horns Yet? 20240426_151940

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Just out of curiosity, did you install the low or high town on the lower position? The kit came with a bunch of parts and no instructions.
20240426_151940.jpg
TBH I don't think it really matters as long as you get both horns installed, but I only used the harness extensions, and the beefier bracket for the lower positioned horn in the wheel well/bumper. No instructions are really needed, its all pretty much plug and play.

Last edited:

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
I have the same kit, it doesn’t matter which one goes where, just make sure the openings face down to avoid water intrusion. Once you get the bumper off you‘ll be able to figure out the brackets. Definitely use the new brackets as these horns are a decent amount heavier than the puny ones that come stock.
Sponsored