• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are you happy with your SI ??

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
I am looking to buy a new car in 2023. The SI is on my list. Is there anyone that bought an SI that wishes they would have made a different choice?
Here are some other cars I am considering ... HONDA <> Civic Sport Touring Hatchback , Type R, <> Mazda3 Hatchback, Mazda Miata, Toyota GR86, <> Hyundai Elantra N
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I'm happy with mine after one year of driving it, but I knew what I was getting and I had no wild expectations other than what the car is all about. It is a fun, nimble, and great handling vehicle, with great fuel economy, and a nice powertrain. It is not a 1/4 mile racer by any means. Very comfy and it has enough tech to satisfy anything I need, I like the safety features even though they can be a pain sometimes. This is a very safe car. No other car you mentioned has as good fuel economy. The only other car I would want is the Honda CTR, but that is a further 20k on top of what I paid. The BRZ/GR86 is a great car, but they have their shortfalls too, and it is always a compromise in some form. I would not take any other car from your list. A lady I know is on her third Hyundai motor on her new Hyundai vehicle, she has been left stranded on the side of a highway twice with the same vehicle after each motor failure left her high and dry. They perform really well but I just can't fork over the money to buy one. The Miata is an awesome car but it is far different than the Si, not sure if it is all that comparable.

No regrets on my purchase. It is what I expected it to be , nothing more and nothing less. I have no plans to modify it either, beyond the light weight silver rims I put on my Si.

Last edited:

Shingo_Shoji

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
I am looking to buy a new car in 2023. The SI is on my list. Is there anyone that bought an SI that wishes they would have made a different choice?
Here are some other cars I am considering ... HONDA <> Civic Sport Touring Hatchback , Type R, <> Mazda3 Hatchback, Mazda Miata, Toyota GR86, <> Hyundai Elantra N
MIATA ND1 RF Club with BBS/Brembo package- I owned one for about a year and a half and it was a fantastic car, was super reliable and the Targa top was great. It definitely lacked in the power department, I know thats not what the car is about but without some sort of boost, there is alot to be desired. The interior and handling was great. The transmission was really good but 2nd to the SI.

Elantra N- I drove my co workers in anger and for that class it is the best per dollar spent on paper. The car pulled like a train and handled very well. The seats feel great and look really good. The downsides IMO is the interior, definitely felt more Elantra then an "N". The shifter is very lacluster in comparison to any other performance manual ive driven. I am not in love with the styling but as far as reliability it has been problem free so far

Naija Bull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
I have driven like 6 different Miata's both ND1 and ND2's. Fantastic cars, but they are small and cramped. Plus in this world of massive trucks and SUV's, you might as well be driving a bike because nobody will see you on the roads. You'll constantly be defensive driving.

My brother owns an Elantra N manual. It is another world of driving engagement compared to my 11th gen Si. Tighter steering with better feedback, superb handling and turn in, clutch feel and engagement that is perfection, brakes that stop on a dime, engine/exhaust note that is budget Lamborghini. It is a crime that Hyundai only charges $33,000 MSRP for it. The 11th gen Si has a much better shifter though.

All in all, the Si is a daily driver with a little bit of salt and pepper on top to spice things up on your way to work.

The Miata is a small, enjoyable toy that will give you all the smiles one can ask for, just don't get squashed on your way to work by your bosses F-150.

The Elantra N is a track car that you can also drive on the street. It is a stiff ride, loud (road noise galore), seats are tight, and Hyundai quality/reliability is sketchy. But man what a car.

With that being said, I would still keep my Si as it is a perfect blend of incredible fun and daily usability.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Type R
I have driven like 6 different Miata's both ND1 and ND2's. Fantastic cars, but they are small and cramped. Plus in this world of massive trucks and SUV's, you might as well be driving a bike because nobody will see you on the roads. You'll constantly be defensive driving.

My brother owns an Elantra N manual. It is another world of driving engagement compared to my 11th gen Si. Tighter steering with better feedback, superb handling and turn in, clutch feel and engagement that is perfection, brakes that stop on a dime, engine/exhaust note that is budget Lamborghini. It is a crime that Hyundai only charges $33,000 MSRP for it. The 11th gen Si has a much better shifter though.

All in all, the Si is a daily driver with a little bit of salt and pepper on top to spice things up on your way to work.

The Miata is a small, enjoyable toy that will give you all the smiles one can ask for, just don't get squashed on your way to work by your bosses F-150.

The Elantra N is a track car that you can also drive on the street. It is a stiff ride, loud (road noise galore), seats are tight, and Hyundai quality/reliability is sketchy. But man what a car.

With that being said, I would still keep my Si as it is a perfect blend of incredible fun and daily usability.

Had an EN a few months ago, dumped it and ran, while used values were still decent (still took a small loss). Multiple manufacturing defects, including a driver's seat that should have been replaced. Followed by going into limp mode several times before 1k miles...Tried 2 dealers for help, both experiences were worse than dealing with my ex-wife was years ago...Lesson learned.

Pick my 23 Si up next week.

Naija Bull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an EN a few months ago, dumped it and ran, while used values were still decent (still took a small loss). Multiple manufacturing defects, including a driver's seat that should have been replaced. Followed by going into limp mode several times before 1k miles...Tried 2 dealers for help, both experiences were worse than dealing with my ex-wife was years ago...Lesson learned.

Pick my 23 Si up next week.
Yep sounds like Hyundai.

Speaking of dealership experience. My brother took his EN to get some suspension work done after damaging his suspension after running into a curb going 60MPH. The service advisor lied to him and said that the Master tech would like to take his vehicle home for the night to verify no other issues would arise after the repair was completed. It was actually the service advisor that took the car home and put over 200 miles on it, including a 111 mph and 135 mph pull on the freeway. He was caught because my brother had a tracking device app on his phone that monitored his EN's every data. The service advisor has been fired.

Long story short, Hyundai/Kia dealerships are the worst.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Type R
Yep sounds like Hyundai.

Speaking of dealership experience. My brother took his EN to get some suspension work done after damaging his suspension after running into a curb going 60MPH. The service advisor lied to him and said that the Master tech would like to take his vehicle home for the night to verify no other issues would arise after the repair was completed. It was actually the service advisor that took the car home and put over 200 miles on it, including a 111 mph and 135 mph pull on the freeway. He was caught because my brother had a tracking device app on his phone that monitored his EN's every data. The service advisor has been fired.

Horrible experience I'm sure, but not surprising to me after my experiences of late. The car has merit for sure!.. If only it was manufactured my someone else! The service department experiences I had felt like what I'd expect from some good ole boy owned used car rip off outfit...I'd heard the horror stories before I bought mine. I took them with a grain of salt and hoped for the best...Would have been a complete nightmare had the auto market been normal....I'd of lost my ass to unload that thing!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Type R
Thing is during most of my arguments/conversations....with both dealers, it was pretty clear that the underlying issue was the service managers fear of not getting reimbursed by Hyundai....after putting on my trusty bullshit decoder ring...

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Yep sounds like Hyundai.

Holy shit! I would have told them they owe me a new car.

Naija Bull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy shit! I would have told them they owe me a new car.
They have to make this right, we just haven't figured out what that looks like yet, this just happened 3 days ago. Something more needs to come out of this, they have to make this right for my brother.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
The SI is a great car as long as you adjust your expectations. Don't think you're getting a fast sports car. This is a mildly aggressive daily driver that is worth every penny of the price. If you're looking for speed you might want to shop elsewhere but you're looking at 10-20k difference in price if you start looking at the Type R or the Golf R.

KimzEP3

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 1990 CRX HF with a B18
Have had my Si for a year and am absolutely in love! It is fun, engaging, and good fuel economy to boot! This is coming from a 460hp V8 Mustang and I don't miss the Mustang at all!
I had an ND1 miata and hated the lack of space, lack of lumbar support (had the BBS/Brembo but not the racing buckets), and horribly underpowered. As said above, big trucks cannot see you.
My parents have had 3 Hyundais and no issues whatsoever, besides the cheap plastic parts that are known to fail (interior, door handles, etc). I personally would never buy a Hyundai when faced with the option of buying Honda.
Go Honda, it'll last you forever, and still be worth something in 10 years.

Shingo_Shoji

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI

I was super impressed with active suspension on the Elantra N, It completley transformed the car

sixty3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
I am just under six weeks of ownership of an Si. Those six weeks the wheels have been spinning, currently 13,300 miles. I bought this car to use as a work vehicle, but didn’t want a regular Civic. Wanted the manual transmission and the great fuel economy this car offers. I’ve averaged about 40 mpg over the 13,300 miles, 99% hwy miles.

If I want more power I’ll jump in the car in the garage, but this car does a really good job of eating the miles up.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I wanted this car but I also wanted to switch from sports/sedan to a pickup truck. The Si is a fun to drive, practical, economy car that my wife can't drive. Some days I love it, some days I wish I had a Tacoma.
Sponsored