• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are you happy with your SI ??

Cecil

First Name
James Cecil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I am looking to buy a new car in 2023. The SI is on my list. Is there anyone that bought an SI that wishes they would have made a different choice?
Here are some other cars I am considering ... HONDA <> Civic Sport Touring Hatchback , Type R, <> Mazda3 Hatchback, Mazda Miata, Toyota GR86, <> Hyundai Elantra N
No regrets, I love my Si! I’ve owned it for exactly a month today, and I’ve put 3100 miles on it. It’s such a fun daily, and spirited driving is great.
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Some days I like jumping into my WRX and appreciating the qualities of that car. But when I get back into my Si I really appreciate the characteristics of the nimble light weight chassis, steering, handling, and transmission combination, plus the fuel economy is excellent . It is a unique driving experience.

OP
OP
MorrisGray

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
I sure wish you could tell me where to get such a tracking device.... Brand / model# / will it work with an Android phone? <> ref <> ' It was actually the service advisor that took the car home and put over 200 miles on it, including a 111 mph and 135 mph pull on the freeway. He was caught because my brother had a tracking device app on his phone that monitored his EN's every data'

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The Mazda3 hatch comes in 6mT but I think I’d pick the Si just cause an open diff FWD car is frustrating especially in a manual.

I’m driving an automatic Focus ST-Line now, it has similar power to the 2017 Sport hatch I had but rarely spins the tires I think cause the manual gives a snappier application of power. The Pilot Sport tires probably help also.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
Had an EN a few months ago, dumped it and ran, while used values were still decent (still took a small loss). Multiple manufacturing defects, including a driver's seat that should have been replaced. Followed by going into limp mode several times before 1k miles...Tried 2 dealers for help, both experiences were worse than dealing with my ex-wife was years ago...Lesson learned.

Pick my 23 Si up next week.
DCT?

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
If you don't actually need the huge backseat space of the Si, I personally would go Miata or GR86. theyre both better drivers cars, but are compromised on the things that the Si does phenomenally. I wish i would have trusted my gut and gone with one of those options instead of my MK7 GTI When I was shopping then since the back seat of the Golf was used less than 10 times. However, now I need a dad car ant the Si is prefect for that. A Type R would be my preferred choice, but they're close to $10k-15k more than I paid for my Si.

pwjazz

First Name
Percy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Si Aegean Blue
However, now I need a dad car ant the Si is prefect for that
Same here. I had an NB Miata for years. With one kid it's even doable, but you just can't transport 2 in it. In 6 years I put only 4000 miles on that thing. It was fun to look at in the garage, but I'd rather have something fun that I can also daily.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I sure wish you could tell me where to get such a tracking device.... Brand / model# / will it work with an Android phone? <> ref <> ' It was actually the service advisor that took the car home and put over 200 miles on it, including a 111 mph and 135 mph pull on the freeway. He was caught because my brother had a tracking device app on his phone that monitored his EN's every data'
My Subaru WRX has a tracking app that is included as standard equipment. I can locate it anywhere, and track it while it is travelling, I can set speed alerts and boundary alerts, curfew alerts. If the car is stolen it can be shutdown. I don't know of anything in the aftermarket to add to the Honda but it may exist.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I owned a 2017 SI for 2 1/2 years and 52,000 miles. Never gave me any problems, and was a blast to drive and own - I looked for excuses to drive it.
...that said, I had my eyes on a Type R originally , but not readily available at that time.

My main complaint with the SI was the seats. Not the look of them, but after owning it for a while they began to cause major discomfort in my lower back and rear. I also was not a fan of the rev hang, but that was minor compared to having to buy a custom leather seat cushion just to be able to drive it after the first year.

If you can get a used Type R - certified pre-owned from a Honda dealer at $ 40K or less - that would be my pick. I paid $ 35K for a CPO 2018 with just 13,800 miles on it in 2020. That same car with that same mileage is certainly well over that now, but worth looking for. Especially if you are looking at a new SI.

Why ? Aside from the obvious leap in engine performance, handling, additional hatchback storage, the fact is that the Type R has one of the best driver's seats ever. Holds me in place, but I have no soreness or stiffness even after a long drive. Even my picky spouse likes sitting in the front!

Other than storage, the SI is still the better daily than the Type R. Holds 5 not 4 people. Sunroof/moon roof. Heated seats. Longer tire life. Better ground clearance. Better turning radius.

But the Type R....is a keeper.

No wrong answer here. But unless they have improved the padding, material etc. on the SI seats from the last gen- that could be a deal breaker. Mind you, it didn't bother me at first, but after 10,000-15,000 miles they were a fail.
Sponsored