• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I guess we can assume where all the missing parts on the JDM R will go. Folding mirrors, sensors, maybe a full Alcantara interior?
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
My hope is that its sh-awd with the TLX motor. That K20 is already mated to a awd system. The Integra is also on the same platform as the HR-V which has awd. So it CAN be done. But will it? :thumbsdown:

My guess is that it will come with the Type R engine (with TLX turbo) and be fwd only. Or, it’ll be the TLX engine (with FK8 turbo) and have the 10AT.

Unrelated, I’ve been on here for the last two months just lurking. Hello everyone :)
I wouldn't think they would do too many things far off from the R. Just comparing what they did for the SI vs. ASPEC

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
At least we all heave something to talk about, during what is most likely going to be radio silence, right up to the full Type R release.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Might be a tad early for that, for me. Gotta get a 2023 Type R before I try worrying about a 2024 Type S. Lol

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Might be a tad early for that, for me. Gotta get a 2023 Type R before I try worrying about a 2024 Type S. Lol
Oh I was thinking more so from a backup standpoint. Assuming doom and gloom is reality in few months.

Interestingly enough, it doesn't seem Acura is looking to mark up with packages or ADM. Seems like they are just desperate for sales. Atleast with the ones I chatted with.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Oh I was thinking more so from a backup standpoint. Assuming doom and gloom is reality in few months.

Interestingly enough, it doesn't seem Acura is looking to mark up with packages or ADM. Seems like they are just desperate for sales. Atleast with the ones I chatted with.
That and the Integra being mostly built in the US, might end up being far easier to get. I’m just interested to see what kind of power/motor it will have.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
That and the Integra being mostly built in the US, might end up being far easier to get. I’m just interested to see what kind of power/motor it will have.
If it's not exactly the R's I would consider it a fail. I'm pretty much expecting the R witj all the JDM bits, like folding mirrors, sensors, Alcantara interior, ELS sound sytem and such.

Would love to know what you long time JDM experts think it will be. Given how the SI and ASPEC were almost 1 : 1. Would the S be different from the R?

Last edited:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Also, if it even looks close to rhe renders, I'll be a happy camper. We can already see the hood vent in the spy shots. Just needs to be lower, wider, and with a spoiler and oof we are off to a good start.

IMG-20220917-WA0003.jpg
Wow if it looks like that I'd have to rethink my Type R preference. The regular Integra looks too bland and fat for me. T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I know that I’m in the minority, but I prefer the Type R look. To me, it’s simpler and cleaner.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Yup, my deposit is it at the largest dealer. Didn't know there are only 51 Acura dealers in Canada. I guess most will be in my region and get most allocations.

I have no issues with the higher price. From what I hear the acura ELS sound system is to die for. I'm an audiophile so I'll willing pay more just for atop tier system.

This will bring me closer to my EDM roots anyways lol.
The ELS audio system is good enough to make you jump ship. My dealership had quite a few people trade their Accords for TLXs and Sport Touring civics for Integras into our sister Acura store just because of the system.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
The ELS audio system is good enough to make you jump ship. My dealership had quite a few people trade their Accords for TLXs and Sport Touring civics for Integras into our sister Acura store just because of the system.
Yup! I hear amazing things about the ELS.

Either way, if i end up in the R I would just go aftermarket. But ideally OEM is always preferred.

Last edited:

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Anybody have experience with the ZF8 auto in the new Supra? Wife loves the 3.0, but isn't a manual fan... Beginning to question how bad I want the R if Im going to be within striking distance of the 3.0 Supra price-wise (a car with a MUCH higher tuning ceiling). I know RoidRage and several others have BMW experience.
Sponsored