• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Any chance Type S might be AWD? Or is that getting too close to TLX?
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
More "premium" brand, "better" materials, more "aggressive" exterior design. and possibly different packaging with 10 speed auto (I'm assuming it will come in a auto + manual as option).

Imo there is enough to make it a different product. Acura needs to sell cars somehow... they are getting destroyed in their segment.
if there’s an auto it’ll be a big seller.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
if there’s an auto it’ll be a big seller.
This will be the key differentiating factor IMO, having the 10 speed as standard will drive demand up insanely.

Although, I have a feeling price will shock some folks. I'm expecting $55K-$57K starting for the S

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; 2024 Honda Civic Touring
I agree that the 10AT would be a good option in this car (or even the CTR).
My wife has the 10AT in her 2.0T Accord.
That trans would need a couple of things for a more 'sporty' car.
First, the shifts need to speed up in paddle-shifter mode. They're not awful now, but if it's going to compete with other brands with DCTs, it needs to be quicker.
First and second are too low. In the Accord, flooring it just spins the wheels. With more power that problem is just going to get worse.
On the other end, 9th and 10th are very high. In Sport mode, the trans won't even use them most (all?) of the time. You can force 10th with the paddle and it will hold it. In that gear, the car is turning 1900 RPM at 80 MPH. There's lots of room to make the ratios more suitable for a more sporting car.
I'd like to see Honda try this.

Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
This will be the key differentiating factor IMO, having the 10 speed as standard will drive demand up insanely.

Although, I have a feeling price will shock some folks. I'm expecting $55K-$57K starting for the S
Likely swag $43k - $48k US.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R

No doubt people will be freaking out and call it overpriced trash, but I'd still want one. I can see myself trading a CTR for one later down the line but we'll have to see. The CTR has already been unveiled so thats what I'm lusting after right now.

I wonder what the pro will be over the CTR. I feel like the new CTR has done a really good job of stepping up the interior game

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
No doubt people will be freaking out and call it overpriced trash, but I'd still want one. I can see myself trading a CTR for one later down the line but we'll have to see. The CTR has already been unveiled so thats what I'm lusting after right now.

I wonder what the pro will be over the CTR. I feel like the new CTR has done a really good job of stepping up the interior game
Yup, my deposit is it at the largest dealer. Didn't know there are only 51 Acura dealers in Canada. I guess most will be in my region and get most allocations.

I have no issues with the higher price. From what I hear the acura ELS sound system is to die for. I'm an audiophile so I'll willing pay more just for atop tier system.

This will bring me closer to my EDM roots anyways lol.

Carmeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura Rdx A-Spec/Adv
My hope is that its sh-awd with the TLX motor. That K20 is already mated to a awd system. The Integra is also on the same platform as the HR-V which has awd. So it CAN be done. But will it? :thumbsdown:

My guess is that it will come with the Type R engine (with TLX turbo) and be fwd only. Or, it’ll be the TLX engine (with FK8 turbo) and have the 10AT.

Unrelated, I’ve been on here for the last two months just lurking. Hello everyone :)

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Yup, my deposit is it at the largest dealer. Didn't know there are only 51 Acura dealers in Canada. I guess most will be in my region and get most allocations.

I have no issues with the higher price. From what I hear the acura ELS sound system is to die for. I'm an audiophile so I'll willing pay more just for atop tier system.

This will bring me closer to my EDM roots anyways lol.
And leather - my gosh the leather…

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
We don't know the specs yet but I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper than its German "competitors." so 40K to 45K USD would be my guess.
Sponsored