• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
It has great reviews. My Sonata went out after 125k of highway miles and have heard Hyundai reliability is questionable. Im out for that reason alone. Cant constantly be worried about my engine grenading.
That's my worry too. I want a hardcore 4 seater sports car. Other than the germans don't know what else to have as a back up for the FL5. Used FK8, maybe a LCI M3.

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Out of a handful of practical (but “hardcore”) sport cars with 4 seats and a manual, you’re pretty much limited to CTR and M3. There is nothing else.

Yes, there’s the GR Corolla and others, but IMO they’re either impractical (GRC back seat is a joke) or not hardcore enough.

…and please don’t “Cadillac” me.

OP
OP
Toprarnen

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
If I can't get a Type R, I might give up and go DSG. Wish the TLX Type S had interior room to match the exterior size. I've heard regularly that the interior is compact while the exterior is closer to midsize

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Out of a handful of practical (but “hardcore”) sport cars with 4 seats and a manual, you’re pretty much limited to CTR and M3. There is nothing else.

Yes, there’s the GR Corolla and others, but IMO they’re either impractical (GRC back seat is a joke) or not hardcore enough.

Or the integra type s

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R

WRX? 😂

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
I've driven it normally and spiritedly and because of awful roads in my city, I can attest that the suspension is too damn stiff for city driving, and the shifter feel is more rubbery than notchy. Turbo kicks in around 3500-4000rpm, and if you're in the city, you're not gonna spool it as much. The trunk space is smaller than the previous gen, and if you want adjustable dampers, you can only get them in the automatic CVT version (puking rn brb)

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
It's like the M2 has silicone in its rear, but its botched since butt implant surgery didn't go well. I guess the trend has affected the M2 as well lol.

Last edited:

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Any thoughts on the Elantra N?
i finally got the chance to drive a dct elantra n, i can tell you....that car was super fun, those seats are stupid comfy

i know with a tune and bolt on's that car is probably stupid fun

easily worth the $33k msrp imo
Sponsored